CCL - April 13 - Seattle (RBA)

Uh, the Yankees, Concacaf, Bill de Blasio

I get that -- my point is that for this game, it's not the Yankees' fault. It's CONCACAF. And, frankly, they don't give a shit. If you want to attend the game because you'll enjoy it, don't deny yourself the evening's entertainment to make a point that none of the decision-makers will bat an eyelash at. You're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Considering driving to RBA because of time start.:mad:
Any advice re: parking.

Also, earlier in thread someone mentioned being “screwed” re:pATH if game ended after 11 but then listed a bunch of times after 11. What is the screwed part?

(that second emoji should be a P but there is something going haywire… edited to correct 3 times now but the P always turns into the emoji)

Also, earlier in thread someone mentioned being “screwed” re:pATH if game ended after 11 but then listed a bunch of times after 11. What is the screwed part?

(that second emoji should be a P but there is something going haywire… edited to correct 3 times now but the P always turns into the emoji)
After 11pm if you're going to 33rd Street the train goes to Hoboken first and then into the city. Makes it a much longer trip. And with fewer trains because it's late and with everyone leaving RBA all at the same time there's often no seats.

Sometimes it's actually. better to walk over the bridge to Newark and get the train from there as you can get a seat and there's no 30-minute line to get in the station. You'll often come out ahead that way.

In short, it's a terrible place to be if you're trying to get home on a weeknight.

As to parking, last time I was there it still wasn't paved, so good luck if it's rained recently. And there's often the one exit from the parking lot, so be prepared to wait to get out of the lot as they pretty much let the hoard of pedestrians out first.

In short, it's a terrible place to be if you're trying to get home on a weeknight.

There's a paved parking that's more than enough space for the fans coming for NYCFC games. bring $20 CASH though. When you come off the highway onto the main street to RB if you're coming from the 280, it's the first left turn.

Fuck this scheduling, trying to get back from NJ at midnight on trains on a work night. Don’t think I’m up for that. Fuck CONCACAF. Fuck the Yankees. This sucks. This whole MLS Cup winning, CCL run is being wasted. Imagine if we were opening our new stadium this year.

mods feel free to move this to the the vent and/or stadium thread

Fuck this scheduling, trying to get back from NJ at midnight on trains on a work night. Don’t think I’m up for that. Fuck CONCACAF. Fuck the Yankees. This sucks. This whole MLS Cup winning, CCL run is being wasted. Imagine if we were opening our new stadium this year.

mods feel free to move this to the the vent and/or stadium thread
It’s perfectly fine here. Fuck Concacaf.

Reactions: Kenny and Kjbert
Speaking of fuck concacaf, anybody see that there was a ton of advertising at lumen field that was not “covered up” (as supposedly the reason why NYCFC can’t use YS), and they play on ridiculous turf where the opposing players look like deer on roller skates trying to figure out the bounces. I think it’s ridiculous that YS can’t be use for some opaque reason but yet turf and field size make no fucking difference FOR ANY OTHER GAME IN CONCACAF including World Cup qualifiers.

Jesus Christ where’s the Tylenol.

Speaking of fuck concacaf, anybody see that there was a ton of advertising at lumen field that was not “covered up”
But some was covered. The rest probably paid concacaf. The covered ones either didn't want to pay, or maybe conflict with another advertiser who pays concacaf for exclusivity.

FWIW, Qatar Air is the Official Airline of Concacaf, and I expect Delta won't allow its signage in YS to be covered. That's an insoluble problem.

But some was covered. The rest probably paid concacaf. The covered ones either didn't want to pay, or maybe conflict with another advertiser who pays concacaf for exclusivity.

FWIW, Qatar Air is the Official Airline of Concacaf, and I expect Delta won't allow its signage in YS to be covered. That's an insoluble problem.
I understand the complications of contracts involving all sorts of different parties, but its laughable that Concacaf didn't build it contracts to account for these inevitable conflicts. You mean to tell me the money ScotiaBank is putting in to the tournament is worth having all these unwatchable matches with no crowds hours from the clubs home is worth it?
I mean, if Charlotte was able to have a bank as a jersey and primary sponsor, while playing in a stadium named after another bank, then I think some background Delta logos should have been accounted for before inking any deals.

Reactions: ZYanksRule
I mean, if Charlotte was able to have a bank as a jersey and primary sponsor, while playing in a stadium named after another bank, then I think some background Delta logos should have been accounted for before inking any deals.
By whom? You honestly think concacaf should or would take Delta exclusivity rights in Yankee Stadium before making any deals for the entire Champions League competition? Or that the Yankees should have anticipated NYCFC when they opened new Yankee Stadium with the Delta Suite and a giant DELTA sign in the outfield in 2009?

Here are the conversations:

Delta - We'll pay $xxM to sponsor Yankee Stadium but our signs always have to be visible no matter what
Yankees - done.

2020-22
NYCFC - Concacaf, will you let us play in Yankee Stadium with Delta signs up?
Concacaf - Only if Delta pays us.
NYCFC - Delta, will you let us cover your signs for concacaf games?
Delta - No
NYCFC - Will you pay Concacaf?
Delta - lol, no, we already paid the Yankees $xxM.

I have no idea why people are so intent on the idea that this should be easy to solve. Only one party has an incentive to do so, and it as no power. The Charlotte situation is irrelevant. All the deals were made with the same ownership.That motivation matters. Concacaf DGAF about NYCFC, YS, or Delta, and Delta DGAF about Concacaf.

ETA: And for all we know BofA has an exclusive right to financial service stadium advertisements and such. And apparently when they made the stadium name deal they didn't include a clause that covered uniform sponsors for a soccer team that didn't exist. Why this needs to be pointed out as thoroughly different is a mystery I'm no longer interested in, just as I no longer care that someone thought it worth pointing out that not every single advertisement in Seattle was covered when clearly some were, and the obvious problem is: can you cover a sign from a sponsor who (1) won't pay concacaf and (2) has the right to refuse being covered? It never meant cover all existing signage.

Really, the constant whatever on this topic is just a game of whack a mole I'm tired of. Go on. Complain with each other over senseless slights. I'll ignore it here on in.

Last edited:
By whom? You honestly think concacaf should or would take Delta exclusivity rights in Yankee Stadium before making any deals for the entire Champions League competition? Or that the Yankees should have anticipated NYCFC when they opened new Yankee Stadium with the Delta Suite and a giant DELTA sign in the outfield in 2009?

Here are the conversations:

Delta - We'll pay $xxM to sponsor Yankee Stadium but our signs always have to be visible no matter what
Yankees - done.

2020-22
NYCFC - Concacaf, will you let us play in Yankee Stadium with Delta signs up?
Concacaf - Only if Delta pays us.
NYCFC - Delta, will you let us cover your signs for concacaf games?
Delta - No
NYCFC - Will you pay Concacaf?
Delta - lol, no, we already paid the Yankees $xxM.

I have no idea why people are so intent on the idea that this should be easy to solve. Only one party has an incentive to do so, and it as no power. The Charlotte situation is irrelevant. All the deals were made with the same ownership.That motivation matters. Concacaf DGAF about NYCFC, YS, or Delta, and Delta DGAF about Concacaf.
Concacaf is hosting a tournament that will be held in a bunch of different stadiums in different countries. These stadiums all host numerous other events not hosted by Concacaf. The fact that Concacaf would handicap itself by not accounting for this is ludicrous. They had to have known that their tournament would have matches played in front of virtually empty stadiums because of this.

Its not easy to solve now, but it would have been very easy to avoid this problem in the first place simply by Concacaf having the understanding that they are a very small part of each venue and the participating clubs should not have to be afraid to reach strategic partnerships with sponsors because they want to be sure they can maybe host a couple of weeknight Concacaf matches in the future.

Do major music acts on tour skip stadiums because of sponsors? What about MonsterJam? Sesame Street Live?

It's and absurd problem that has diminished this tournament, and the blame is squarely on Concacaf for the lack of foresight.

This is why I don't have a problem saying fuck CONCACAF. Classic autocracy, no accountability whatsoever. It's so bush league.

It is bush league. And it makes the tournament seem small when we can't play in our home stadium -- and many other teams can't play in their home stadiums. I struggle to really care about these games when we can't play in our home stadium. It makes the tournament seem small and unimportant.

Ok, so I started us down this rabbit hole of sponsors and stadiums, will try to get back on track:

1. Anybody know if maxi and Chanot will play on Wednesday?

2. Does NYCFC have a shot given the composure and quality of Seattle, and if so, how do they do it?

Ok, so I started us down this rabbit hole of sponsors and stadiums, will try to get back on track:

2. Does NYCFC have a shot given the composure and quality of Seattle, and if so, how do they do it?

1. ?

2. The coaching staff has identified a weakness to exploit, the entire squad has to play the game of their lives and the officiating is favorable for NYCFC.

1. Not sure, but I got the impression from Ronny that Maxi was likely to play today, but that was from his post-game press conference, so things can change. Really have no idea on Chanot.
2. Yes, I think so. A 2-0 win at home is definitely doable, or even a 3-1 result. Not sure, I'd say I'd expect it, but it's totally reasonable. Especially if Maxi were able to return to the starting lineup, moving Santi back to RW.

the officiating is favorable for NYCFC.

REF: Daneon Parchment (JAM)
AR1: Ojay Duhaney (JAM)
AR2: Nicholas Anderson (JAM)
4TH: Randy Encarnacion (DOM)
VAR: Ricardo Montero (CRC)
AVAR: Juan Gabriel Calderon (CRC)