Columbus 2nd Leg ECS - Postmatch

Congrats to the armchair managers on winning this game with their subs today.

Jesus Christ, we absolutely battered them out there.

This team is built for success, and pound-for-pound, looks noticeably better than the team that advanced today. Conpletely gutted, but roll on next season.

Wanna know what I'm not mad. I'm proud we played so hard until the end. We shouldn't have had to win 3-0 if it weren't for the Callens red card but I'm not even mad at that because this was one time he really fucked up. If it were a normal scapegoat like Sweat I'd be fucking pissed though. Speaking of Sweat he is definitely a centreback very pleasently surprised by him tonight.
Props to Sweat, he played well. Saw him try to make a run at some point in the second half. I think he momentarily forgot he was playing CB and not LB

The team is so damn close to being good and hopefully we keep the core together and get a good DP to replace garbage Pirlo

Reactions: Kjbert
The geniuses on this site will somehow pin this on Pirlo. But Maxi and Harrison let us down BIG time today. Maxi is not DP worthy.

All in all, hard fought game. We went out swinging. Callens ruined a great season for us.
The geniuses who have said Pirlo sucks and is a waste were vindicated.

Subbing him in should be a fireable offense.

Tell me why not, Genius West coast boy.

Wanna know what I'm not mad. I'm proud we played so hard until the end. We shouldn't have had to win 3-0 if it weren't for the Callens red card but I'm not even mad at that because this was one time he really fucked up. If it were a normal scapegoat like Sweat I'd be fucking pissed though. Speaking of Sweat he is definitely a centreback very pleasently surprised by him tonight.
Dispute the idea anyone but Ishmael Elftwat fucked up.

Yeah but forget about the solid passing and the two times he saved our asses with perfect slides...
Sweat proved himself a valuable part of the team. Deputized brilliantly. I’ll never criticize keeping him if salary is reasonable. He’s a useful cog.

He is not TPFKAU. He has actual useful abilities you can fit in the club at times.

The shit is still that we didn’t start Struna at Columbus. Dude can ball.

Last edited:
We went out with a bang, and in my opinion, we played one of the best games of the season, aside from Viera's dumbass subs. Of all the games you put Andrea Pirlo in...

Despite that, proud of what we've accomplished. Let's build a stronger squad, and come into the 2018 season guns blazing, like the team and city we are. Good showing from the fans as well. Bring in a Villa caliber DP and and somehow get a stadium announcement during the offseason, and we might see a packed Yankee Stadium every weekend.

This is New York, and we are the toughest goddamn city that there is. Let's show the world what this city is made of next season.

The geniuses on this site will somehow pin this on Pirlo. But Maxi and Harrison let us down BIG time today. Maxi is not DP worthy.

All in all, hard fought game. We went out swinging. Callens ruined a great season for us.
Don't blame the game on Pirlo at all. You're spot on with putting some of the blame on those two. Back line stepped up today. The guys up front couldn't finish, again.

Don't blame the game on Pirlo at all. You're spot on with putting some of the blame on those two. Back line stepped up today. The guys up front couldn't finish, again.
Yeah surprisingly great game from the back today. Brillant had a shaky start, but recovered and played one of his best games. Some seriously great tackles.

Wish we would have seen this on Tuesday :(