Copa América 2024

That game was

Rain Camping GIF by VPRO

How long will Darwin "Meta Paz Mundial" Núñez be banned?

That game was

Rain Camping GIF by VPRO

How long will Darwin "Meta Paz Mundial" Núñez be banned?
Tough position for Nunez to be put in. His family in the crowd is being attacked so he jumps into the stands to defend them.

If he is suspended, I would hope it's not for too long

Reactions: moogoo
Tough position for Nunez to be put in. His family in the crowd is being attacked so he jumps into the stands to defend them.

If he is suspended, I would hope it's not for too long

it is pretty shameful on the organizers not to boost security for this match. they should have known that these are two incredibly passionate fan bases and that extra security would be needed in case things boiled over. copa really needs to stay in south america. bringing it to the US is just a money grab.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
it is pretty shameful on the organizers not to boost security for this match. they should have known that these are two incredibly passionate fan bases and that extra security would be needed in case things boiled over. copa really needs to stay in south america. bringing it to the US is just a money grab.
"Passionate." Lol the euphemism and blame deflection. Passion does not require extra security. Sex is passionate. So is cheering and screaming. Neither demand security interventions. If you think Copa fans are prone to violence then say so and blame them.
If not, this comment is incoherent.

"Passionate." Lol the euphemism and blame deflection. Passion does not require extra security. Sex is passionate. So is cheering and screaming. Neither demand security interventions. If you think Copa fans are prone to violence then say so and blame them.
If not, this comment is incoherent.

Throwing a punch in the heat of the moment is also fueled by passion. Passion can make people do lots of things, good and bad. And yea, south american soccer fans are some of the most passionate in the world. Even in the premier league, there are extra security guards lined up around the stands for big games. So no, it's not a copa thing or a copa fan thing. Passionate fandom can lead to violence and it's the organizer's job to be prepared for it.

I'm not saying they should have segregated fans or lined armed guards up and down the stands. But there should have been enough security presence to react faster to what was happening. There obviously wasn't enough video footage of the event to really see the reaction time, but there was enough time for players to notice what was going on and run over and get involved.

Just tuned in... What is going on? Why the delays?

Fans without tickets tried to break into the stadium, so they locked all the gates until about 15 minutes ago, creating dangerous crushing. They finally just opened the gates but did so without checking tickets, so there's going to be even more of a mess in the stadium now.

TL;DR: CONMEBOL is an absolute disaster.

Nevermind. Crowd issues. Ridiculous.

What a total embarrassment. Did they not learn anything from the Colombia v Uruguay match?

Very embarrassing and frustrating if it gets pushed back much further not sure I’ll stay up all the way through and I was looking forward to this .

Can you imagine paying upwards of $1000 for a ticket and someone just rushes in cause the showed up? This is quite a mess and I hope those people are kicked out and never allowed back into Hard Rock.

They should have been prepared but they weren't. They didn't want to spend the money on the extra security measures to ensure this wouldnt happen. That's probably what it came down to. Copa america needs to stay in south America. End of story.

Reactions: gbservis
I understand for commercial reasons they couldn’t but for the love of , they should have cut Shakira once this ran so late . I can’t stay up of this goes to extra time now .

I understand for commercial reasons they couldn’t but for the love of , they should have cut Shakira once this ran so late . I can’t stay up of this goes to extra time now .

whoever decided it'd be a good idea to have shakira perform at all should be fired. why the hell is there a halftime show? even w/o the delays, the performance extended halftime by 10 mins, which is forever when you're waiting to get back out there and continue playing. organizers did a terrible job this copa america.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Colombia has their chance in open play. Now I’m afraid pens favors the Argentines.

geez messi's ankle is huge. guess he won't be playing for miami for a little while. that thing is swollen ...

Reactions: Kenny
in the end, a very nice goal to win it for argentina. not the prettiest game, so glad the winning goal was actually nice.