Copa América 2024

argentina got a lot of favorable calls. a lot of deference to the world champs for sure. canada gave them a game but it could have been a lot worse than 2-0.

laryea is just an asshole all the time isn't he?

Messi and Miami pulled the same late from halftime bullshit against us in March. When the broadcast resumes from halftime our players are on the field standing in position for kickoff. The center ref is standing next to a ball sitting on the KO spot in the center of the midfield circle. There's no way to tell how long they were waiting like that, but they would not line up like that after just 12 minutes. Why did the ref even tell our guys to get ready for KO when the other team was not on the field. Miami is not even through the tunnel and does not come out for a while. Our guys should have been relaxing or loosening up but the ref is, if anything, helping Miami's mind games. They've been doing it in other MLS games, though I haven't checked every one. It's a "fuck you I'm Messi" power move and it's so bullshit that everyone just acts spineless in the face of repeated violations of simple norms of decency.

I realize that in the moment each opposing team is better off not getting worked up, but that just makes action by refs, leagues and tournament organizations more necessary. Also pathetic that no writers mention it. I can't find any stories that bring it up, not even in passing, despite Messi being the 1 guy in MLS who gets tons of press besides the in-house material. It's not the worst thing in the world but it's worth addressing and so easy to fix. Give them a yellow once and it stops.

Coming out late 1 or 2 times a season for 45 seconds is being human. Repeatedly being multiple minutes late and forcing the other team to stand on the pitch waiting for you is asshole behavior.

Fuck Messi and his fanboys. Buy my ticket for the Miami game.

Reactions: 413Blue
Messi and Miami pulled the same late from halftime bullshit against us in March. When the broadcast resumes from halftime our players are on the field standing in position for kickoff. The center ref is standing next to a ball sitting on the KO spot in the center of the midfield circle. There's no way to tell how long they were waiting like that, but they would not line up like that after just 12 minutes. Why did the ref even tell our guys to get ready for KO when the other team was not on the field. Miami is not even through the tunnel and does not come out for a while. Our guys should have been relaxing or loosening up but the ref is, if anything, helping Miami's mind games. They've been doing it in other MLS games, though I haven't checked every one. It's a "fuck you I'm Messi" power move and it's so bullshit that everyone just acts spineless in the face of repeated violations of simple norms of decency.

I realize that in the moment each opposing team is better off not getting worked up, but that just makes action by refs, leagues and tournament organizations more necessary. Also pathetic that no writers mention it. I can't find any stories that bring it up, not even in passing, despite Messi being the 1 guy in MLS who gets tons of press besides the in-house material. It's not the worst thing in the world but it's worth addressing and so easy to fix. Give them a yellow once and it stops.

Coming out late 1 or 2 times a season for 45 seconds is being human. Repeatedly being multiple minutes late and forcing the other team to stand on the pitch waiting for you is asshole behavior.

So expect an article in The Athletic about how smart Miami's halftime delays are?

Reactions: mgarbowski

You'll be happy to know they also complained the field was crappy...

Anyone else having audio issues with the US game right now. Can hardly hear the announcers with the volume way up. Watching on antenna same issue with two different fox affiliates

Anyone else having audio issues with the US game right now. Can hardly hear the announcers with the volume way up. Watching on antenna same issue with two different fox affiliates
As with the other night I have no issues hearing them on YTTV, though the crowd noise sounds like it’s coming via walkie talkie

With JOHN! STRONG!, Stu Holden and the rest of the clowns on Fox, is that really a problem?

Thankfully, JP Dellacamera and Cobi Jones are doing the later game.

it's a shame the fields are in such meh condition. just watched a replay in the colombia game of a player sliding to try to save a ball and i watched as the patch of sod moved as he went to ground. that can't feel good on the feet at this level of play. footing must feel very weird.

Reactions: gbservis
it's a shame the fields are in such meh condition. just watched a replay in the colombia game of a player sliding to try to save a ball and i watched as the patch of sod moved as he went to ground. that can't feel good on the feet at this level of play. footing must feel very weird.

Completely farcical that was allowed. You can't put grass on top of turf and expect it to play well. Whoever made the decision to allow that was purely looking at how much money can be made in the American market and did not care about the competitive integrity oft he competition.

In so many ways, Copa America has looked like a JV version of the Euros so far.

Reactions: moogoo
Completely farcical that was allowed. You can't put grass on top of turf and expect it to play well. Whoever made the decision to allow that was purely looking at how much money can be made in the American market and did not care about the competitive integrity oft he competition.

In so many ways, Copa America has looked like a JV version of the Euros so far.

it is a damn shame. such a big tournament and they didn't set things up well ahead of time to make sure things played well? it's terrible. not to mention, all the stadiums they chose are narrow cause they're all football fields. kinda crazy to me they picked the benz in atlanta considering you can't even see the corner of the field from certain seats.

you're right that it's looked like a poor imitation of the euros, which have been fantastic with their crowd atmospheres and action. fox isn't doing a great job either. wish NBC would take over these big tournaments, but looks like Fox just keeps getting them as they've also added the women's euros.

1719314516118.png

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta and CCMore