Copa America - Chile 2015

You know Zlatan.....you just don't know that you know Zlatan! :D

My mind went crazy thinking of all the links I could put in this post about him but since Messi is being discussed I'm adding the following pic taken this past season when Barca played Paris Saint-Germain in a Champions League match. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is an amazing footballer who is known for his outrageous comments as well as his skill. Google him, it will be entertaining. If you fall in love with him like I did....PSG is playing at Red Bulls Arena on July 21st.

Thank you forum mate!!:cool:

Below some tidbits about Ibrahimovic I found to illustrate soccer ignoramus like me. I am just a football enthusiast not a know it all encyclopedia. :)

Fiery Swedish soccer player Zlatan Ibrahimovic became one of Europe's top strikers while starring for eight consecutive title-winning clubs.

“I'm like Muhammed Ali. When he said he would knock someone out in the fourth round, he did it.”
—Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Synopsis
Born on October 3, 1981, in Malmö, Sweden, Zlatan Ibrahimovic overcame a rough upbringing to become a professional soccer star. He played for clubs in Sweden, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain, nabbing multiple scoring titles while leading his teams to eight consecutive league championships. One of the sport's most polarizing figures, Ibrahimovic released a bestselling autobiography in 2011.

Early Life
Soccer player Zlatan Ibrahimovic was born on October 3, 1981, in Malmö, Sweden, to a Bosnian father and a Croatian mother. His parents divorced when Ibrahimovic was 2, and he spent a difficult childhood in the immigrant-populated district of Rosengård. By his own account, Ibrahimovic was a bicycle thief and a school bully, but he developed into a tall, agile with an obvious talent for playing soccer.

Professional Career
Ibrahimovic made his professional debut for Malmö FF in 1999, and helped the second-division club make the leap to the first level the following season. The 6'5" striker then signed with the prominent Dutch club AFC Ajax and honed his formidable skills as part of two title-winning teams, though he also developed a reputation as a temperamental player.

Last edited:
My pleasure! You inspired me to post because I've seen how helpful and informative your posts are so thank you!

I am touched by your words . That is good to know since the forum is dominated by our alpha male pals , (nothing against you guys :)) I enjoy it to share with them our mutual love, since futbol is still an "unknown" sport in the mainstream US population. I get information, exchange ideas and share the ups and downs of our #1 love : NYCFC and much more .

Know something funny, when I first replied to your post, I had not realized you were a girl, as I what about to post it, I checked your profile and I was so surprised to find out we are the same gender.

Keep posting and enter the monthly giveaways!!! I won a Scarf.

...Know something funny, when I first replied to your post, I had not realized you were a girl, as I what about to post it, I checked your profile and I was so surprised to find out we are the same gender....

I thought my cutesy avatar was giving away my gender. ;)

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Thank you forum mate!!:cool:

Below some tidbits about Ibrahimovic I found to illustrate soccer ignoramus like me. I am just a football enthusiast not a know it all encyclopedia. :)

Fiery Swedish soccer player Zlatan Ibrahimovic became one of Europe's top strikers while starring for eight consecutive title-winning clubs.

“I'm like Muhammed Ali. When he said he would knock someone out in the fourth round, he did it.”
—Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Synopsis
Born on October 3, 1981, in Malmö, Sweden, Zlatan Ibrahimovic overcame a rough upbringing to become a professional soccer star. He played for clubs in Sweden, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain, nabbing multiple scoring titles while leading his teams to eight consecutive league championships. One of the sport's most polarizing figures, Ibrahimovic released a bestselling autobiography in 2011.

Early Life
Soccer player Zlatan Ibrahimovic was born on October 3, 1981, in Malmö, Sweden, to a Bosnian father and a Croatian mother. His parents divorced when Ibrahimovic was 2, and he spent a difficult childhood in the immigrant-populated district of Rosengård. By his own account, Ibrahimovic was a bicycle thief and a school bully, but he developed into a tall, agile with an obvious talent for playing soccer.

Professional Career
Ibrahimovic made his professional debut for Malmö FF in 1999, and helped the second-division club make the leap to the first level the following season. The 6'5" striker then signed with the prominent Dutch club AFC Ajax and honed his formidable skills as part of two title-winning teams, though he also developed a reputation as a temperamental player.

I Am Zlatan.... You should read it. It's really a good book. Quick read , prob done in one week commute

Should I start a new thread...maybe we all get organized? A Nycfc group of people go support Team USA when they come to the NY metro area? If they come
Maybe the US national teams need their own subforums, just so they're a little more permanent. Next few matches through August are Foxborough (tonight, 7/10/2015), then Kansas City, Pittsburgh, and Chattanooga.

But yes, I'd definitely go see them play. Thinking of joining American Outlaws, actually.

Should I start a new thread...maybe we all get organized? A Nycfc group of people go support Team USA when they come to the NY metro area? If they come

Awesome ! Centenario is going to be like mini WC in the US.

I encourage you to start a new thread- according to the rules of the forum there are 3 possible Discussion areas-it can can be on Meet ups & Events; Supporters Factions; Other Football. I think as Centenario gets closer it would be great to support our USA National team and make them feel at home not like in the past, although they played in USA soil they were treated like they were the visitors, Especially in New York.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatNYC