COVID-19 - Leagues Suspended

It had nothing to do with CCL. This was about what happened in the NBA yesterday, which has shocked every sports league into action. Today we're going to learn NHL is doing the same, and I fail to see how MLB can avoid it, either. I don't think we're going to see any professional sports get played anywhere in the country over the next 4-6 weeks.
It wasn't shocking when one of their players tested positive for the virus. They were forced to suspend after that. Had it not been for that, they would have kept playing, maybe in empty stadiums like what the NCAA is doing.

Officially announced. Its a 30 days suspension.

• Wow
Reactions: LostAnvil
No player rotation needed and a full slate of rest for the CCL return leg, let’s go!!

honestly feel like if the game isn't canceled, ronny would not be smart enough to do a full rotation and let our starters rest for CCL. literally, i'd have every backup play vs Dallas. Backline would be Gudi, Gray, Ibby, Scally, midfield: Gideon, Rocha, haak, front: torres, gms, medina (cause who cares if he's tired, bench him for 2nd leg). have some starters on the bench as subs in case of injury or just to stretch the legs the last 20 minutes. but i think ronny will feel like he needs to win and will play a strong lineup as idiotic as that is.

anyway, guess we'll see if it happens. still nothing from the league or club.

EDIT:

there it goes... now will the club proactively issue refunds or tell everyone to do trade-ins ? and will they add to the trade-in limit ? (i don't think they will)

Reactions: adam
30 DAYS TO GET RONNY'S TACTICS IN.

I take back my 4 game thing. He has enough time to instill tactics in. Unless they force all players to take a 30 day break?

-- what if this is all a ploy to try to get josef back to playing health before the league restarts? lmao

Reactions: The Toe
Officially announced. Its a 30 days suspension.

The first of many

Reactions: Kjbert
30 DAYS TO GET RONNY'S TACTICS IN.

I take back my 4 game thing. He has enough time to instill tactics in. Unless they force all players to take a 30 day break?

-- what if this is all a ploy to try to get josef back to playing health before the league restarts? lmao

Ronny could have a year - but based on his press conf. last night, sounds like he blamed the players for essentially giving up the 2nd half and "not playing".

he did say one thing I agreed with. when asked why he thought we couldn't finish, he responded that he thought we needed more composure on the ball. we tend to panic thinking we don't have enough time to finish like we can.

Over/under on number of NYCFC MLS games this year at RBA: 3.5

Driving the 1.5 hours home yesterday and remembering the pain in the ass it is to get out of that gravel pit they have the nerve to call a parking lot (did concrete or asphalt never make it to NJ?) and fight traffic so I don't get home till midnight, I made a promise never to go back there again unless it's a big playoff match or a cup final or something. There's a reason I don't support NJRB. I'm so over that place.

there it goes... now will the club proactively issue refunds or tell everyone to do trade-ins ? and will they add to the trade-in limit ? (i don't think they will)
I would not expect any of those. I think for now they wait to see how many, if any, games are rescheduled (and if so where) before deciding whether to refund, or give credits, or whatnot. I don't think they can get away with making people use up trade in credits for games that are not played.

Reactions: moogoo
tbf the only thread active will be this one. no games here or even certain euro leagues too.

Seems pretty likely that by the end of today there will be no sports games scheduled in this country for at least the next 4-6 weeks.