COVID-19 - Leagues Suspended

Seems pretty likely that by the end of today there will be no sports games scheduled in this country for at least the next 4-6 weeks.

its crazy man, i remember when i would snoop around wikipedia and read about leagues in different sports being cut short due to disease or war and i thought damn good thing that does not happen here any more.....and yet here we are.

its crazy man, i remember when i would snoop around wikipedia and read about leagues in different sports being cut short due to disease or war and i thought damn good thing that does not happen here any more.....and yet here we are.
Same thing here!

NYCFC Statement on MLS 30-Day Game Suspension

As you have seen in the news, there is a growing concern about the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).

NYCFC CEO Brad Sims has released the following statement on behalf of the Club:

“The health and safety of our fans, players and staff is – and always has been – our number one priority. After monitoring the COVID-19 situation extremely closely with our partners at MLS and city, state and federal agencies, we fully support the League’s decision to suspend the 2020 season for a 30-day time period.

“Together, we will be diligent, using this break to evaluate and respond to the rapidly changing situation. We remain committed to the health practices outlined by the CDC and encourage all NYCFC fans and New Yorkers to do the same. We would like to thank NYCFC fans for their understanding and support during this challenging time.”

NYCFC will ensure that season tickets, groups and individual tickets already purchased for Saturday’s Home Opener and other postponed matches will be honored once rescheduled. If a decision is made to cancel any games – or to play behind-closed-doors – NYCFC will work closely with fans to provide refunds and/or credits for future games.

Additionally, Concacaf has announced the suspension of the 2020 Champions League due to COVID-19.

NYCFC will continue to be in close contact with fans and issue further Club statements on NYCFC.com and Club social channels.

Let's hope, during this 30 day suspension, our guys will train on their own and perfect their finishing.

imagine going down to mexico after the suspension is lifted and we're back in pre-pre-season form and no longer match fit.

Reactions: Kjbert
Let's hope, during this 30 day suspension, our guys will train on their own and perfect their finishing.

imagine going down to mexico after the suspension is lifted and we're back in pre-pre-season form and no longer match fit.
Let’s hope our guys don’t get too sick. Guarantee somebody associated with the team has come in contact with a carrier. Flights. Opposition.

Let’s hope our guys don’t get too sick. Guarantee somebody associated with the team has come in contact with a carrier. Flights. Opposition.

they're all young and healthy. really doubt any of them, even if they have it, will exhibit anything too serious.

Reactions: Christopher Jee

are they even allowed to train?

they're all young and healthy. really doubt any of them, even if they have it, will exhibit anything too serious.
Even young have had complications. Are any asthmatic in any way? Any underlying heart conditions that are undetected?

The notion that the young will get by easily needs to be universally dropped - we have no idea how any one individual will fare.

are they even allowed to train?

no idea. i just meant even by themselves. even if it's mental imaging training. ha.

Even young have had complications. Are any asthmatic in any way? Any underlying heart conditions that are undetected?

The notion that the young will get by easily needs to be universally dropped - we have no idea how any one individual will fare.

those would be people with pre-existing conditions. current statistics show that young and healthy people are USUALLY able to get over it just fine. obviously, we don't know how any particular person is going to handle it. but this isn't ebola. people aren't gonna drop dead cause they get it.

I dunno, I’ll take a refund and a credit. If they’re offering a double-dip, I’ll take it.
If it’s double dippings then pass it along. If it’s one or the other I’ll take my money back, I’ll need it for all the alcohol I’ll consume because there’s no MLB, NHL, MLS.