COVID-19 - Leagues Suspended

If it’s double dippings then pass it along. If it’s one or the other I’ll take my money back, I’ll need it for all the alcohol I’ll consume because there’s no MLB, NHL, MLS.

There's still PGA! for now...

For what it’s worth here’s some info for everyone. I’m a manager at a grocery chain down here in Florida. Last sales week (Sun-Sat) was our company’s 5th largest ever in sales and our divisions 2nd largest ever.
I’m not saying you should panic buy but a lot of people are. What happens when things possibly get worse is everyone panic buys and then at that point there are less essential supplies for everyone. With supply chains impacted and possibly having imports/exports impacted there will be a shortage of some goods. A lot of fruits and vegetables are supplied out of the country this time of the year do to winter weather. Southern Hemisphere is in their summer/fall when fruits/veggies are harvested and exported to the US.
It honestly doesn’t hurt to buy 4-5 cases of water. You’ll drink them. Or just spend $20-$30 on a faucet filtration system.
PSA - If you go to your local store and they’re out of something (such as sanitizer) it’s not their fault. No company purposely runs out of product. Manufacturers simply can not cope with production needs. Not to mention that a lot of those sanitation supplies are going to medical facilities right now rather than retail. The biggest culprit of out of stocks is transportation. Additional truck drivers don’t just magically show up when there is a need and there are a lot of laws preventing the available drivers from driving more than the permitted amount.
So really the only thing you need is water and toiletries. Yes, people are buying a shit ton of toilet paper. Your fridge is working, your water is running but if you run out of TP and don’t want to leave the house and need to wipe your ass you’re not gonna use a shirt.

We’ve seen people do some dumb stuff. The bank next to us is having a lot of people pull their cash out. Why? It’s not a computer virus or a storm... the banks won’t lose your money.

So, based on what we’re seeing it couldn’t hurt going to the grocery store and buy water, toiletries and perhaps some canned goods just in case.
If you’re buying fresh produce PLEASE wash it thoroughly. I can’t tell you how many people are still openly coughing and sneezing in our stores despite all of this craziness. Then they get mad we don’t have sanitizer lol.

Last edited:
Seems pretty likely that by the end of today there will be no sports games scheduled in this country for at least the next 4-6 weeks.

When my GF asked why I was schlepping out to NJ, I told her it may be the last live sports event I could see for a while. Driving home with all the announcements she thought I was Nostradamus.

For what it’s worth here’s some info for everyone. I’m a manager at a grocery chain down here in Florida. Last sales week (Sun-Sat) was our company’s 5th largest ever in sales and our divisions 2nd largest ever.
I’m not saying you should panic buy but a lot of people are. What happens when things possibly get worse is everyone panic buys and then at that point there are less essential supplies for everyone. With supply chains impacted and possibly having imports/exports impacted there will be a shortage of some goods. A lot of fruits and vegetables are supplied out of the country this time of the year do to winter weather. Southern Hemisphere is in their summer/fall when fruits/veggies are harvested and exported to the US.
It honestly doesn’t hurt to buy 4-5 cases of water. You’ll drink them. Or just spend $20-$30 on a faucet filtration system.
PSA - If you go to your local store and they’re out of something (such as sanitizer) it’s not their fault. No company purposely runs out of product. Manufacturers simply can not cope with production needs. Not to mention that a lot of those sanitation supplies are going to medical facilities right now rather than retail. The biggest culprit of out of stocks is transportation. Additional truck drivers don’t just magically show up when there is a need and there are a lot of laws preventing the available drivers from driving more than the permitted amount.
So really the only thing you need is water and toiletries. Yes, people are buying a shit ton of toilet paper. Your fridge is working, your water is running but if you run out of TP and don’t want to leave the house and need to wipe your ass you’re not gonna use a shirt.

We’ve seen people do some dumb stuff. The bank next to us is having a lot of people pull their cash out. Why? It’s not a computer virus or a storm... the banks won’t lose your money.

So, based on what we’re seeing it couldn’t hurt going to the grocery store and buy water, toiletries and perhaps some canned goods just in case.
If you’re buying fresh produce PLEASE wash it thoroughly. I can’t tell you how many people are still openly coughing and sneezing in our stores despite all of this craziness. Then they get mad we don’t have sanitizer lol.

Do we expect something to happen to the tap water? I don't really get the point of buying bottled water..

At least NYC has some of the best tap water in the world.

i keep hearing this. is it just because its less dirty than other? like say from 1-10 its actually a 5 in terms of dirtyness, and everyone else is like 7 and above

Reactions: Kjbert
i keep hearing this. is it just because its less dirty than other? like say from 1-10 its actually a 5 in terms of dirtyness, and everyone else is like 7 and above
NYC's drinking water is remarkably clean and comes to the city through a network of aqueducts and reservoirs which stretch up into the Hudson Valley. Some of the water comes from as far as 125 miles away.

If it’s double dippings then pass it along. If it’s one or the other I’ll take my money back, I’ll need it for all the alcohol I’ll consume because there’s no MLB, NHL, MLS.
Please do that! Help the alcohol industry survive this disaster! They need you!

Reactions: Kjbert and Amon
NYC's drinking water is remarkably clean and comes to the city through a network of aqueducts and reservoirs which stretch up into the Hudson Valley. Some of the water comes from as far as 125 miles away.
The only thing you have to do is run the cold water in the morning for a minute to clear out anything from an old pipe in your building. Typically, water that stands overnight will have a little more “content” that any time during the day. If you’re in a new building, you probably won’t experience this.

Reactions: Kjbert and Jock
I'm pretty sure it's pretty good here in the New Haven area too. Hope so since I've been drinking it for so long :eek: LOL. I do tend to drink a lot of poweraid zero as well so might want to stock up on that.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
In MASS, we went from almost none, to 40+ to 92 cases in like 3 days. We have only bumped up to 108 in the last few days, so the spread gas flattened.

The interesting thing is that the overwhelming majority of cases are linked to a single biogen conference. Certainly gives legitimacy to all these event and conference cancellations.

Reactions: Vallos and moogoo
In MASS, we went from almost none, to 40+ to 92 cases in like 3 days. We have only bumped up to 108 in the last few days, so the spread gas flattened.

The interesting thing is that the overwhelming majority of cases are linked to a single biogen conference. Certainly gives legitimacy to all these event and conference cancellations.
Probably due to not knowing from not testing.

So why is more testing not being done? Are we exceeding capacity or are we choosing not to test certain people because they don't seem to have the right symptoms?

I've read stories about cases involving the latter. But the former could also be true and in a way, requiring the latter.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ronny could have a year - but based on his press conf. last night, sounds like he blamed the players for essentially giving up the 2nd half and "not playing".

he did say one thing I agreed with. when asked why he thought we couldn't finish, he responded that he thought we needed more composure on the ball. we tend to panic thinking we don't have enough time to finish like we can.
Yeah I didn’t find his post-match encouraging at all. Less encouraging than the performance tbh.

Reactions: Ulrich and moogoo
Premier League just said earlier that this weekend's matched will go forth. Shortly after, Arteta tests positive.
Probably no soccer this weekend.