Current Season

I haven't watched MLS before, as a Brit, but I would like to get a better feel of the league before NYCFC starts, and I'd particularly like to watch Toronto and Seattle games. Does anyone know where I can catch then on TV in the UK?
FRS?
I've never actually streamed MLS since Red Bulls matches are all aired in NYC, but I'm sure the games can be accessed there.

Reactions: Kinkladze
BT Sport has the rights to MLS matches, but I'm not aware that they're showing many of them. Your best bet may be to stream them, if you are willing to do so.

cricfree.tv or wiziwig
post-890-1234013116.gif

Currently watching the RedBulls/Philly game and I gotta say we need to start building a team around a player like Thierry Henry. He just scored a beautiful goal and I'd love to have one of our DPs be someone like him

Currently watching the RedBulls/Philly game and I gotta say we need to start building a team around a player like Thierry Henry. He just scored a beautiful goal and I'd love to have one of our DPs be someone like him
Streamed that game from work. It was great to see the Red Bulls finally playing the way they should. Robles and Sam owned that game.

Streamed that game from work. It was great to see the Red Bulls finally playing the way they should. Robles and Sam owned that game.

That sounds like a nice workplace. Watched the game as well or at least tried to through frequent concentration lapses and stream annoyances. Not sure whether too many fans from UK buying MLS Live (there are ways to get past the country ban as WWE Network apparently has proved) would be good or not. The more that do the more likely it is they might found better ways to block it. I wonder what NYCFC's view is on international Tv distribution is and via the internet. MLS Live should be available internationally the BT deal is worthless. That's something that could be brought up at meetings between fans and club because its clear there's a big UK following.

I'm sure the first game (if its a prestigious pre season game) will be freely available via nycfc.com.

That sounds like a nice workplace. Watched the game as well or at least tried to through frequent concentration lapses and stream annoyances. Not sure whether too many fans from UK buying MLS Live (there are ways to get past the country ban as WWE Network apparently has proved) would be good or not. The more that do the more likely it is they might found better ways to block it. I wonder what NYCFC's view is on international Tv distribution is and via the internet. MLS Live should be available internationally the BT deal is worthless. That's something that could be brought up at meetings between fans and club because its clear there's a big UK following.

I'm sure the first game (if its a prestigious pre season game) will be freely available via nycfc.com.
That's a good point but I think it's beyond the realm of possibilities for us or NYCFC to provide a useable streaming service. The rights to the games are licensed by MLS and our cable providers are far too powerful and greedy to be impacted by a couple soccer fans.

And, yes. My job is amazing. I work evenings and in my line of work there is potential for lots of downtime. Which means M-F I can watch most games, as long as there is an available stream.

Well I know NYCFC.com won't host live streams from MLS games certainly not anytime soon. Its not impossible as time goes on though. I saw a MLS stream from Benfica Tv of all places and apparently they show all Benfica games live on that channel. I know MCFC prefer online digital content which is why there is no MCFC Tv station.

Maybe the US Open Cup would be a possibility as far as actual competitions go? I hope that someone posts torrents after each game from MLS Live or elsewhere at least for games not televised live on any UK channel. With streams buffering so often it would be nice to go back and watch the whole 90 minutes over again and with better picture quality. Getting torrents of MLS games is rather sporadic and infrequent though I do see them on matchhighlight.com/forums now and again.

Not sure what's going on with BT as I don't have it but apparently they haven't shown many live televised games. Perhaps they will later in season as streams from last years playoffs I watched were mostly from BT. (albeit from a ESPN feed not their own production)