D.C. (Home) - Postmatch

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Setting this up as I’m at work and won’t catch the end of this one.
Rough going so far. We really don’t look organized going forward. No options for the wingers.

Well, we're undefeated and on track for 34 points, but
voolUlu.jpg

wow this is a lot of negativity! I thought for the start of the season and against a tough DCU this game went pretty well. It was a rough opening 20-25 minutes but there was a marked improvement in the second half especially. People saying medina sucks didn't watch this game. When he dropped into the midfield he made some killer passes as well as making some very smart runs into the box that he would have scored if the crossing had been a bit better or he got passed to instead of having a shot being taken. he just isn't a super winger-y type player and struggles a bit with that.

Johnson was so much better this game, saved our asses with some great saves.

As usually backline is great (minus sweat, although he didn't have a horrible game, his side was exposed quite a bit and I want to see how matta does. in the XI)

Sands was awesome!! he sees the game on another level and is so calm with the ball, much better game on his part.

Taty needs to stay on his feet, he isn't going to get the call if he throws himself on the ground, and when he did fight more it led to some good play.

subs were good this game, lewis and ITS both added a spark and nearly combined for the winner

good to have Maxi back at the 10, was able to control the game much better

overall we are having issues with finishing, but I see us working it out soon enough with it still be early in the season, but we looked a lot better this game and were in control for the most part so although it is tough to get the draw I am happy with this performance

That was much better than I expected. Especially Castellanos was surprisingly lively in the first half (normally he's just a tourist), although his finishing let him down. Medina is useless, I can't see one single reason why he's playing.
The team created chances, but were just terribly unlucky. Mitrita will come good, and if Ring continues in that position, he'll eventually score a few goals. I didn't expect to be ever thinking this way, but Sweat was kind a good(wish). Chanot, Callens and Tinnerholm were their usual selves, just as Maxi. Sands will be a joy to watch. If only there were a good target man!

Johnson was MOTM, no doubt about that. The game could have ended 4-4, had not both keepers had a blinder.

wow this is a lot of negativity! I thought for the start of the season and against a tough DCU this game went pretty well. It was a rough opening 20-25 minutes but there was a marked improvement in the second half especially. People saying medina sucks didn't watch this game. When he dropped into the midfield he made some killer passes as well as making some very smart runs into the box that he would have scored if the crossing had been a bit better or he got passed to instead of having a shot being taken. he just isn't a super winger-y type player and struggles a bit with that.

Johnson was so much better this game, saved our asses with some great saves.

As usually backline is great (minus sweat, although he didn't have a horrible game, his side was exposed quite a bit and I want to see how matta does. in the XI)

Sands was awesome!! he sees the game on another level and is so calm with the ball, much better game on his part.

Taty needs to stay on his feet, he isn't going to get the call if he throws himself on the ground, and when he did fight more it led to some good play.

subs were good this game, lewis and ITS both added a spark and nearly combined for the winner

good to have Maxi back at the 10, was able to control the game much better

overall we are having issues with finishing, but I see us working it out soon enough with it still be early in the season, but we looked a lot better this game and were in control for the most part so although it is tough to get the draw I am happy with this performance
Nah, I watched the game, and Medina was horrible. The crossing was fine but he was never in the right position and overran the crosses. The team as a whole was again fairly unwatchable with no direction on the attack - lots of fragmented play hoping for Mitrita to have a movement of brilliance. Domeball is a failure.

Reactions: Kjbert
The team as a whole was again fairly unwatchable with no direction on the attack - lots of fragmented play hoping for Mitrita to have a movement of brilliance. Domeball is a failure.

Have to disagree. Being a nil-nil, it was pretty entertaining game to watch. When Mitrita starts hitting the target, he will score a few, or at least other players can score from rebounds. I agree that Domé is a failure.

Callens and Chanot had some surprisingly weak moments but overall were good. Sands and Ring were absolutely fantastic together. Sands is very comfortable with the ball at his feet and much more physical than I expected. I first I was reluctant when Dome said he’d like Ring to get further up the pitch, but with Sands as the primary DM I can see the value in that. Maxi being played as the 10 felt much better.

But upfront was a train wreck. During the first half the front three were absolutely everywhere. Clumped together, running into each other. Essentially fighting for the ball. Dome has to get that figured out immediately. Mitrita is the real deal. Very strong, very aggressive. Good dribbling skills with a rocket for a leg. He should be our striker.

As I said in the shoutbox Taty, Medina, Lewis, and ITS were completely unimpressive. Taty kept falling down but I think was the most encouraging out of the four. Medina had really no urgency or ‘oompf’ to his play.

I’d like to see us try a 442 with Sands, Ring, Maxi and Parks. Then Mitrita up top with
Taty.

Also what was the Tifo? I saw the words, and I asked about it in the Facebook third rail group and someone said it was supposed to be a bird box reference. What’s a bird box? Is that like a birdhouse?

* OK, I guess it’s a Netflix movie. *

Last edited:
I feel like this question was kind of satire in the preseason, but honestly what will it take for Dome to be let go? Feel like the lack of a proper CF will give him more then time then he should be getting considering the results at the end of last season.

As a fan base we can’t just let this happen. CFG needs to know we are not some second tier money making team. After the run of away matches in May if this team continues to under preform their needs to be a statement made. And make no mistake they are under preforming. Many casuals around the stadium at the match today said “something just seems off” “this was different then last time” “the team didn’t look like it was going to score” Sheeesh.

I feel a serious divide between the analytical and eye test group on the forums brewing all year.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Have to disagree. Being a nil-nil, it was pretty entertaining game to watch. When Mitrita starts hitting the target, he will score a few, or at least other players can score from rebounds. I agree that Domé is a failure.
Mitrita is great but he needs space. Everything is so congested for us up too that he isn’t getting that space. The only time we looked threatening is when he made a quick run and played a 1-2.