Upcoming Forum Updates

We don't relaly have a "meta" thread so i'm just using this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do we have an "OG players" thread separate from each individual player for things that aren't important enough to post to their specific page?

We don't relaly have a "meta" thread so i'm just using this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do we have an "OG players" thread separate from each individual player for things that aren't important enough to post to their specific page?
Not that I’m aware of. Maybe a ‘Where are they now’ thread?

Lion, could we check if there's a plugin (or maybe i can write one, i could look into it...) that automatically transcribes x/twitter into forum text preview for people that don't have twitter and don't log in?

Lion, could we check if there's a plugin (or maybe i can write one, i could look into it...) that automatically transcribes x/twitter into forum text preview for people that don't have twitter and don't log in?
I'm honestly not tech savvy enough to find that. Given that, I have been doing manually edits for posts recently clicking on the x link and switching it to a Twitter link that works on the Forums. Yes, it's a bit more to do, but it makes the experience better for everyone else.

Hi All - Just wanted to check in before the season started and ask how people are enjoying NYCFC Forums? Again, I'm not very Forum-Tech sophisticated (Dan checks in from time to time to help on that), but is there anything else people want from the site? Anything we can be doing that we're not? Anything we are doing that you want to see stop or less of?

I think the biggest thing is driving more user growth. We're certainly a niche community (like the neighborhood book store), and I don't mind that at all, but obviously we want to bring in original and new NYCFC fans here to discuss their thoughts.

I think this last year has been pretty bang-on in terms of management - even with all the weird bots but i know how hard that can be to manage.

If there's any way to get twitter previews back (or something to copy twitter text and put it into here as text or something) that would probably be best for me imo.

Reactions: JCMore
Just putting it out there. I know Dan used to have a Twitter presence for the forums. Perhaps getting that up and running again, or create an insta/facebook/reddit/bigsoccer/linkedin(lol) official account. This is the only social media I use but I know people use those services to find out their information and post their thoughts. Just having a presence may have potential new posters say, “what’s that?” And look us up. But I also understand that could be someone’s full time job so I’m not trying to add that kind of pressure. Something in the middle of nothing and full time job might help. Just food for thought.

Reactions: Shwafta
We cannot search for 3 letter words like Mix or red (even on a combo with card). Other forums with the same software seem to allow it.
I’d like that restriction removed unless it causes undue stress on the servers somehow.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Emojis don't seem to work sometimes, for example here's an attempt at using the melt face emoji:
there are 6 melty faces between these arrows ->🫠 🫠 🫠 🫠 🫠 🫠<-

-EDIT- okay now it worked. but sometimes it doesn't? like if it's the only thing on a line...
1709656817965.png