Dj Mode Named Music Supervisor For Nycfc

To answer the much earlier Q: I'm a 32 yo, born and raised in nyc, with a stint in baltimore, white-honky-cracker who loves hip hop. As stated earlier hip hop was born in the bronx. I don't know this modes character from anywhere, but I do agree/hope that we aren't blasting music throughout the game. That is obnoxious even if it is Tribe called quest. I am all for a mix of music (as stated in other threads I do love me some hardcore, and all kinds of music) but I am fully behind hip hop as long as it's not cheesy garbage hip hop. Boogie Down Productions: South Bronx, Lord Tariq and Peter Guns: Uptown Baby - perfect frikkin songs for a team playing in the bronx.

Side note- if we go all manchester music I hope for more joy division, a certain ratio, and new order ... just saying

They will absolutely not be playing music during the game, so no one needs to worry about that.

MLS has never ever had a hip-hop vibe to me. Much more of a rock and roll vibe. People are on about hip hop being created in NYC. But so was the American punk/hardcore scene.

It's not going to matter in the end. They are going to play whatever they want regardless of the squabbling we do here.

I am going to be seriously embarrassed if "Empire State of Mind" becomes the eb them for this team, though.

They will absolutely not be playing music during the game, so no one needs to worry about that.

MLS has never ever had a hip-hop vibe to me. Much more of a rock and roll vibe. People are on about hip hop being created in NYC. But so was the American punk/hardcore scene.

It's not going to matter in the end. They are going to play whatever they want regardless of the squabbling we do here.

I am going to be seriously embarrassed if "Empire State of Mind" becomes the eb them for this team, though.

Agreed NYC has created a lot of music - the no wave scene in the 70s - 80s (as much as I love sonic youth no one is going to get pumped up for a game listening to a 7 minute version of DEATH VALLEY 69)

Tons of jazz is based in NYC (again I can't see the crowd getting pumped for even the be-boppest be-bop.

I don't know if it's from here ... but disco was a big deal in nyc as well. (Not doing the hustle in the stands.)

I agree and would be pumped to hear some ramones, some madball, some h2o. Way better than "Empire State of Mind"

So I guess in summation - I hope this DJ can blend some truly iconic NYC tunes and music, and make it fun.

Logged back onto City Voice today. looks like the poll numbers changed and now the numbers look like this...

Rock
Top 40
Hip-Hop/EDM (tied for last)

Scouse was talking about Shotty Horroh (who I have also never heard of).

I haven't either but i wasn't replying directly to Scouse.

I haven't heard of DJ Mode, i was just trying to clear up where Mode was from as a few others dont seem to know him either. Then i just threw in gag about him not being our problem in this case.

To be fair, Shock Horror, it is difficult to figure out sometimes some posts when people write, as the written word can be ambivalent.

lol at this thread, no need to get worked up on what plays pre game/ halftime/ after game ends. Im sure it will be a mix of different things, also im sure many people will be either chanting pregame or getting beer pregame/ halftime therefore not really paying attention to what is being played. at least i wont care.

300px-Disorder_in_the_Court.JPG

They're letting this guy be in charge of the music?

Oh wait.........D.J. Mode............never mind.

We couldn't have paid for a real artist or DJ to be the music coordinator. Anyway, I don't think we want an EDM vibe before a soccer game. I'm going to see football not Ultra in Miami.

Reactions: Kjbert
There should only be one music supervisor and that is you, the crowd. You want to build your own songbook, stuff that starts small and a laugh and then becomes a bit of an anthem.
I am no fan of any of the piped muzak and to me it takes away from the "community" spirit that you build. This is just the front office telling you how to act and behave, filling in the "street songs" that you want to sing and hear. The swear words offending TV and the apologies that will come when everyone gives an opponent a full blast "fuuuuuucccccckkkkk yyoooouuuuuuuuuuu". It happens all over and for me, it dumbs down an important part of the match, your and your mates having a laugh and letting off a little steam.

Reactions: Kjbert
I agree with you mrplow2000 mrplow2000 but with a new club, there would be a hell of a long lead time for us to develop stuff organically. I don't agree with what they're doing, but it is totally understandable.

Reactions: mrplow2000
I agree with you mrplow2000 mrplow2000 but with a new club, there would be a hell of a long lead time for us to develop stuff organically. I don't agree with what they're doing, but it is totally understandable.

There is a ton of stuff to go at. The irony of having no history and not giving a fuck. New York being the greatest in all the world. The 20 odd players need a song. Having no stadium. No one likes us, we dont care. Get stuff printed and leave on seats. Sing about the beer and the food or anything. Our skyscrapers are bigger than yours, who cares lol I will guarantee one thing. The one you think that wont take off, will.