Dj Mode Named Music Supervisor For Nycfc

Never heard of this guy. Just looked up some of his stuff on YouTube and am pretty bummed. I was really hoping for a more aggressive/punk rock vibe for YS, but it looks like we'll be stuck with hip hop just like every other damn sport.

EDIT:
Oh god. It's even worse than I thought...

FUCK THIS GUY IS TERRIBLE! SHIT!!!

I didn't and don't expect much from this guy. I'm sure he's there to just provide an atmosphere before and after the game and during halftime. Like it or not, hip hop and top 40 are what's popular right now. Makes completely sense that they play that.

At the end of the day, I'm there to watch the game, not listen to music. I could careless about what they play on game day.

DJ Mode put me in the mood

post-38448-Joey-Im-not-even-sorry-gif-Img-5cem.gif

Reactions: Drainyoo
Never heard of this guy. Just looked up some of his stuff on YouTube and am pretty bummed. I was really hoping for a more aggressive/punk rock vibe for YS, but it looks like we'll be stuck with hip hop just like every other damn sport.

EDIT:
Oh god. It's even worse than I thought...

Dj "Crap" Mode

This guys choice of music and tracks sucks from watching the YouTube vids, top 40s pop crap.

We need aggressive Hard Rock and some old school New York Hip-Hop "RAP" with some killer bass!

"Bring The Noise" Bass! How low can you go?

images.jpeg

Last edited:
The DJ's pre-game set couldn't have been any more spot-on. And the crowd was loving it, swaying, dancing, singing along. A+ in my mind.

Reactions: Kjbert and Drainyoo
Uhhhhh... what? Did you not hear Nas? RUN DMC? Beastie Boys? JayZ? Method Man?

I am only judging his musical taste on what I just watched on YouTube of him scratching. Was not at the game and their was no music on ESPN2's coverage.

But if he is playing RUN-DMC, Beastie Boys, Jay-Z and Method Man. I am super cool with that and hope it continues. I have met RUN-DMC - good peeps, Beastie Boy's MCA, and Method Man. They all represent New York and to me that is all that matters.

Last edited:
I am only judging his musical taste on what I just watched on YouTube of him scratching. Was not at the game and their was no music on ESPN2's coverage.

But if he is playing RUN-DMC, Beastie Boys, Jay-Z and Method Man. I am super cool with that and hope it continues. I met RUN-DMC - good peeps, Beastie Boy's MCA, and Method Man. They all represent New York and to me that is all that matters.

Kind of unfair for you to complalin after not being there yesterday. I think we all, myself included, had our doubts. Then we got there and he absolutely CRUSHED it yesterday.

Reactions: Paul and LostAnvil

But if he is playing RUN-DMC, Beastie Boys, Jay-Z and Method Man. I am super cool with that and hope it continues. I met RUN-DMC - good peeps, Beastie Boy's MCA, and Method Man. They all represent New York and to me that is all that matters.

What possesses people to do this STUPID SHIT!? You weren't at the game... but you watched a set he crafted for the Knicks and... nevermind.

Nomination for Troll of the day.