Drums or no?

Drums or No?

• Yes

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Since all these MLS writers are playing up Atlanta's love of college football, it'll be interesting to see if the team there makes some efforts to infuse the supporters culture with elements of the SEC student sections. A Marching band with coordinated songs/gestures/dances could be a lot of fun.

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
Since all these MLS writers are playing up Atlanta's love of college football, it'll be interesting to see if the team there makes some efforts to infuse the supporters culture with elements of the SEC student sections. A Marching band with coordinated songs/gestures/dances could be a lot of fun.
I think a marching band would be kind of cool. Or since NYC has deep roots in irish culture it'd be really cool to see pipes and drums. But not for the duration of a game.

Vito Vito it was just an idea. Playing off the marching band idea. Pipes and drums have become a staple in almost all NYC Parades. It's part of our pop-culture.

Vito Vito it was just an idea. Playing off the marching band idea. Pipes and drums have become a staple in almost all NYC Parades. It's part of our pop-culture.

I just think a marching band would overpower the crowd noise and make it harder to chant for 90 minutes

I just think a marching band would overpower the crowd noise and make it harder to chant for 90 minutes

Not if it's done right. It takes coordination between the singers and the band, but if everyone is on the same page the music amplifies the power of the song/chant. Having the music also helps coordinate a large number of supporters.

I hear you. I think 90 minutes would be overkill; or even featured in every game. But it would be cool to have pipes and drums or a marching band to play behind a club anthem. Not during gameplay.

Last edited:
NYC has deep roots with all cultures so I don't think bagpipes and kilts are a great idea

Bag pipes are used for StPattys.
NYC holds parades for so many cultures and many of them aren't even on here. 10 million strong city wide only not to count the rest of the tri-state. That being said why not have A single bag pipe steel drums a bell that goes gong accordions maracas and Jay-Z as we march :)

ATL will be fun with the college atmosphere