Euro 2016

Absolutely boggling to me that Conte didn't call Giovinco up for Italy. Can he really believe that the forwards he has for the Euros are actually better than Gio? His knee-jerk anti-MLS prejudice is going to cost Conte goals.

Reactions: Gavin23
Have some more faith. Defense looks amazingly composed.

I don't know if I'm doing the math right but it looks like my post was way before the match and yours was made halfway through?

I think Italy surprised the shit out of everybody and I couldn't be happier.

Bonucci MOTM. What a touch of class.

Reactions: NickA
Also, just because Italy won, it doesn't mean Conte made the right move keeping Giovinco off the squad.

In the post-match presser, Belgian manager Wilmots was crying into his frites that Italy "didn't play real football" because they chose a counterattacking strategy. It's not a good look, Wilmots. Get your shit together.

Reactions: 21Architect
It's not that I think they'll do terribly because he's not there, but I just think it's a really poor idea to not call Gio up. Why wouldn't you at least want him as an option on the bench?

In a Conte scheme Gio doesn't fit well. They got their holding forwards in Eder/Ciro and target men in Pelle/Zaza. He has the speed and ridiculous skill level in Insigne, who is better than Gio. No need for both on the team. Though I would have loved to see him there and think he could contribute.

That was an awesome display by Italy. Wasn't a fluke...that's their game. That pass by Bonucci was a thing of beauty.

Reactions: Keith Putnam
I don't know if I'm doing the math right but it looks like my post was way before the match and yours was made halfway through?

I think Italy surprised the shit out of everybody and I couldn't be happier.

Bonucci MOTM. What a touch of class.
Yes lol your math is correct. Wasn't a personal attack calm down. Re-assuring a fellow azzurri fan that they looked good

Reactions: NickA
Totally calm. Just pointing out that it's a lot easier to have faith in a team that's playing very well for an entire half as opposed to pre-kick off against a highly ranked Belgium side.

Come over here and give me a kiss.

:cool:

why is everyone so butt hurt giovinco didnt get called up? hes not even in our team? im happy pirlo is back here with us....even though it hasnt been great with recent results