Expansion Rumors Megathread

1671910028556.png

This doesn't say anything about rebrand or not... Hopefully there's no rebrand. Cincinnati rebranded their logo, not their name.
"Technically" not true. In USL they were Futbol Club Cincinnati. When they moved up to MLS they changed to Football Club Cincinnati. Still FCC of FC Cincinnati.

i do expect a change, something like Minnesota where they just added a FC at the end.

• Wow
Reactions: Shwafta
The quakes owners are moving the A's to vegas... so that's what I'm guessing.

i was just saying san jose because they dont draw but they also share same owners? damn they might lose their team a second time ( or third if you were around from the old NASL days)

Red Bull Las Vegas. It does have a little ring to it.
just replace "viva las vegas" with "red bull las vegas" and you've got yourself a new theme song!

...realistically, I don't see any of the teams with SSS being relocated. Which means like most of the teams.

just replace "viva las vegas" with "red bull las vegas" and you've got yourself a new theme song!

...realistically, I don't see any of the teams with SSS being relocated. Which means like most of the teams.
So what you’re saying is LVCFC? That’s more of a mouthful than NYCFC? Inter Las Vegas CF.

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta
So what you’re saying is LVCFC? That’s more of a mouthful than NYCFC? Inter Las Vegas CF.
eh I just wanted to point out that singing "red buuuuuuullll las vegas" works quite well.

...and i count us as having a SSS because we're about to have one soon enough *knocks on every piece of wood across the 5 boroughs*

Reactions: JCMore

I would never want them to leave, but doesn’t Harrison own Red Bull Arena now? Between not owning your own arena and the small crowds what does Red Bull have to lose moving them to Vegas? On the other hand they’ve invested so much in infrastructure for their training center I doubt they’d relocate.

A team with a dated SSS could easily move to Vegas. Rapids are the first that come to my mind. Kronke doesn’t care about fans and only cares about making a buck. I haven’t heard about him investing in anything structurally with trading grounds , youth academies etc…

All of that being said I dont see the allure of moving a mls team to Vegas anymore. You’re going to be 4th in an already small market. I guess they can bank on tourists, but ticket revenue doesn’t pay the bills much anymore. All about that sweet TV money.

Last edited:
I would never want them to leave, but doesn’t Harrison own Red Bull Arena now? Between not owning your own arena and the small crowds what does Red Bull have to lose moving them to Vegas? On the other hand they’ve invested so much in infrastructure for their training center I doubt they’d relocate.

A team with a dated SSS could easily move to Vegas. Rapids are the first that come to my mind. Kronke doesn’t care about fans and only cares about making a buck. I haven’t heard about him investing in anything structurally with trading grounds , youth academies etc…

All of that being said I dont see the allure of moving a mls team to Vegas anymore. You’re going to be 4th in an already small market. I guess they can bank on tourists, but ticket revenue doesn’t pay the bills much anymore. All about that sweet TV money.

i agree on vegas not being appealing. at this rate try indy or even louisville or san antonio all seem to have fanbases and small stadiums but easily expand im sure if they get to MLS

i agree on vegas not being appealing. at this rate try indy or even louisville or san antonio all seem to have fanbases and small stadiums but easily expand im sure if they get to MLS
Agree on all of these. You’d have such passionate rabid fan bases. Recently read that Indy has an agreement to put a 20k seat stadium downtown. MLS would be foolish to pass them up. Sneaky great city with a world class airport.

imo that would be awful. I think the biggest cities in the country should have a team.

Of the top 10 as of 2020, the only ones that don't have a team currently:
1. Phoenix
2. San Antonio
3. San Diego
It might just be me but I’d pick Phoenix solely to the idea of spreading the love around. Texas and Cali have 3 teams. Give a different state something to rally around