Expansion Rumors Megathread

get ready to spit-take
spit take GIF

Jesus. Ladies and Gents, the stunning metropolis of Billings Montana. Would have thought Helena or Missoula would have been bigger.

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta
spit take GIF

Jesus. Ladies and Gents, the stunning metropolis of Billings Montana. Would have thought Helena or Missoula would have been bigger.
Yeah i thought Helena as well, I'd never even heard of Billings.

Get this through your head: Charlotte record attendance for MLS was 74,479, meaning that Billings would be approximately 65% empty on game days if they filled out a stadium that size LOL. (billings population approx 117,000. 74,479/117,000 = ~63.6)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: JCMore and moogoo
fwiw, i picked montana due to the dry spots in MLS expansion locations:
1682708704235.png

Phoenix would be good, new mexico would be better, border between the two states would be the most eye-pleasing.

Montana just works perfectly, but there's no one there. Darn you, Monatana! :shakes fist:

Reactions: JCMore
fwiw, i picked montana due to the dry spots in MLS expansion locations:
View attachment 12733
Phoenix would be good, new mexico would be better, border between the two states would be the most eye-pleasing.

Montana just works perfectly, but there's no one there. Darn you, Monatana! :shakes fist:
10 percent of the population of Montana’s largest city attending a game would put them close to last in MLS attendance.

And no love for Alaska?

I would totally go to an away game in Billings. That's where the Red Oxx Factory is, where they make some of my favorite bags/duffles/backpacks.

• Wow
I’d like to see an MLS Cup hosted in Billings. I did a business trip there in early December once. That was some of the worst cold I’d ever experienced.

OTOH, I had a few hours of down time one day and drove out to the mountains about 30-40 minutes out of town. Breathtaking.

• Wow
I stayed in Bozeman, Montana for a night before heading down to Yellowstone.

Went to go paragliding off this mountain and we hiked up the mountain carrying tens of pounds of gear and when we get to the top the guide said the wind had shifted and we couldn’t go anymore, it was too dangerous.

So I guess I got a good workout instead haha