Family Section Season Ticket Holders

Neither are half the words in the english dictionary, but no one tries to stop people from using them
The problem with cursing isn't the words themselves, but what they mean, stand for, and are associated with.

The issue is with public etiquette, and while a football match is by no means a very elegant place, I do believe that people should have decency and understand there is no reason to swear. Really, what is the reason? Most curse words don't even make sense in the context they're used. "Fuck you Lampard" what does that even mean?
I've found that people that resort to swearing often due so because they can't think of any other ways to express themselves.

The problem with cursing isn't the words themselves, but what they mean, stand for, and are associated with.

The issue is with public etiquette, and while a football match is by no means a very elegant place, I do believe that people should have decency and understand there is no reason to swear. Really, what is the reason? Most curse words don't even make sense in the context they're used. "Fuck you Lampard" what does that even mean?
I've found that people that resort to swearing often due so because they can't think of any other ways to express themselves.
Bc yea, im gonna make a harsh painting depicting my love/hate for frank :p

You can be as passionate, vociferous, intense, and engaged as you want as a supporter, but there's really no need to use profanity. It's a public event, and some, especially those with kids, won't appreciate it and do not deserve to be subjected to it. It's not necessary, adds nothing, and feeds right into how many generalize obnoxious New York fans.

Reactions: Drainyoo
If the club set up a "family area" it pretty clearly means two things.

First, they don't want any cursing or otherwise unruly behavior in that space - otherwise, why create it.

Second, they clearly expect some degree of profanity and rowdiness elsewhere - again, there is no reason for a special section otherwise. This is certainly the case with the supporters' section, which is - not coincidentally - on the other end of the pitch. It seems like they are trying to accommodate everyone in a reasonable way.

That said, there is another standard regarding cursing and obnoxious behavior. Too much of either is just going to offend and annoy people - and I mean the other adults in the section. We've all been to a sporting event or two where some loudmouth drones on incessantly and more or less ruins the experience for everyone else. Keep it to a reasonable level given the people around you. Always good advice.

Reactions: Drainyoo
If the club set up a "family area" it pretty clearly means two things.

First, they don't want any cursing or otherwise unruly behavior in that space - otherwise, why create it.

Second, they clearly expect some degree of profanity and rowdiness elsewhere - again, there is no reason for a special section otherwise. This is certainly the case with the supporters' section, which is - not coincidentally - on the other end of the pitch. It seems like they are trying to accommodate everyone in a reasonable way.

That said, there is another standard regarding cursing and obnoxious behavior. Too much of either is just going to offend and annoy people - and I mean the other adults in the section. We've all been to a sporting event or two where some loudmouth drones on incessantly and more or less ruins the experience for everyone else. Keep it to a reasonable level given the people around you. Always good advice.
How is someone offended by me saying "fuck"

"Fuck" is the glue that holds my sentences together, but I don't want to hear it all day.
If you want to do a "FUCK YOU" from the SGs all together when frank is announced or has his first touch, then its a chant and I'm down with it

just so we're clear, is screaming "cock-juggling thunder-*****" off limits...? o_O

Bonus: visual aid:
Gjwh1.png

Edit: damn this picture is big...

Hello All!

I wanted to chime in and see what and if we have any others for this section. Since this is OUR section lets toss around some ideas on how we can make this section extra special for our kids/us! Just figured I would throw it out there and see if we had any takers. If this is already on the site please let me know! Thanks!

Matt

Matt what row are you? My wife and I are in this section.