Former Metrostars/redbulls Fan.....

Yes I remember reading this article at the time and honestly I was happy to see it then even though I had no idea I too would be joining. You know when people ask me why are you a yard keep fan, or Knicks fan, or giants fan, as opposed to the other teams in the city. I always tell them, I don't know, it just happened naturally. When NYCFC Was announced I said if it happens it happens, it being me rooting for them and today, naturally, I thought yes this is my team moving forward, I could feel it.

Reactions: Goodfella
Enough time and you will love Man City as well. :cool:

Haha....honestly I don't have any bad feelings towards man city. I always have considered myself an mls fan first far and away, before any European league including the epl. I remember going to giants stadium many times even when my eurosnob friends laughed at me to go watch the metrostars. So if I naturally start to gravitate to man city then so be it. My allegiance to arsenal is not set in stone by any means. I thought my allegiance to metrostars aka redbulls was rock solid but after the latest developments I said to myself I had enough. I have a really good feeling about the people running nycfc namely Kreis.

Welcome, don't worry about the man city part. I'm a liverpool fan and that isn't changing. And certainly didn't buy my tickets because of Lampard. (I prefer the other aging English MF who will play in MLS.)

I agree with you. I would much rather have Gerrard over lampard but so be it. It's good for mls to get both. The next step for our league is to get these guys to come over while they are younger and stay here for more years as long as they are successful

Lol gotta be honest, this made me chuckle. Thanks!
mission-accomplished-350x195.png

Reactions: S1ARK5
Welcome to the forums! Its nice to have another pre-NYCFC MLS fan around here. Now lets straighten out all these n00bs and ManCity fans. Of course I mean that in all love and caring.

As a fellow Staten Islander and Arsenal supporter, welcome! This is a fun group and I'm sure you'll find the lead up to this season to be as enjoyable as we have.

Welcome to the forums! Its nice to have another pre-NYCFC MLS fan around here. Now lets straighten out all these n00bs and ManCity fans. Of course I mean that in all love and caring.
Don't need to be straighten out when you are in the right. As we are. Back at ya with all the love and caring.

I was a Huge MetroStars/ Red Bulls fan as well but like you said; once Mike Petke was fired that did it for me, I was disgusted with that whole organization. I bought my NYCFC season tickets 2 days later. I'm glad I switched and am looking forward to our first season. I'm a huge ManU fan so I love the whole anti-MCity thing that's going on. Bad Moon Rising.

I was a Huge MetroStars/ Red Bulls fan as well but like you said; once Mike Petke was fired that did it for me, I was disgusted with that whole organization. I bought my NYCFC season tickets 2 days later. I'm glad I switched and am looking forward to our first season. I'm a huge ManU fan so I love the whole anti-MCity thing that's going on. Bad Moon Rising.

Rafa, glad to see you make the move too. After 2 hat happened with Mike and the whole history of redbulls just showing the fans what they are really about, the time was right. If I lived in NYC again I would surely buy season tickets. I plan on visiting my sister who lives in the upper east side this spring and summer so I hopefully will attend a game or two in the Bronx. Can't wait.

Reactions: Rafal
I too fell into NYCFC in part because of the Yankees, whom I am a lifelong fan and Man City my Premier League team. I'm a Jersey guy and annoyed when the Red Bulls rebranded as NY. Welcome fellow Yankee and NYCFC fan.

I remember going to giants stadium many times even when my eurosnob friends laughed at me to go watch the metrostars. So if I naturally start to gravitate to man city then so be it.

I went to a couple of metrostars games over 10 years ago before being into MLS. actually thought metrostars was a cool name and might have gone with them.....If you start to gravitate to Man City, then so be...awesome!

We shall see. Maybe this will make me watch man city more. I don't know. I liked arsenal for many years but I wouldn't say I was a die hard fan. First and foremost I was always a metrostars/redbulls/mls fan way more then any other league or team.

Right now I watch the epl and LA Liga and any other big time European league game but my love is always mls and now nyc fc. Simple as that.

We shall see. Maybe this will make me watch man city more. I don't know. I liked arsenal for many years but I wouldn't say I was a die hard fan. First and foremost I was always a metrostars/redbulls/mls fan way more then any other league or team.

Right now I watch the epl and LA Liga and any other big time European league game but my love is always mls and now nyc fc. Simple as that.
Stick with Arsenal.

Former Metro fan here, gave RB a few years and bailed in the middle of the JCO Notebook days. Haven't been back once since and I was helping with tifo, going on trips, etc. Still got up on weekends and watched Celtic but that was about it. USMNT games when the chance presented itself. Waited for NY2 and here we are.