Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCizzle

Registered
Nov 18, 2014
For the record, as a fan of both clubs I'm all for this if it happens:

NYCFC mulling trip to England that could extend Frank Lampard's loan with Manchester City
According to reports in England, City would offer NYCFC access to its brand-new, $300 million training facility while the team prepares for its inaugural MLS season as a way to keep Lampard in England beyond the Jan. 1 date his loan is set to expire.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/s...frank-lampard-loan-man-city-article-1.1985065

Reactions: Kjbert
Too bad. We should be training there. Nothing to be earned from being here for January into February.

Check any of Claudio Reyna's latest interviews, and never take a report form England seriously. Especially when they don't source anyone.

Reactions: MrE and Kjbert
Check any of Claudio Reyna's latest interviews, and never take a report form England seriously. Especially when they don't source anyone.

Never a truer word said our press are abysmal.

That said, when we signed big Frank on loan, I could see the sense in it. His experience in European games, helping fill the home grown quota in the competition etc etc.
He has been an exceptional player for Chelsea and England, and now is probably the right time for him to be leaving the prem for a different type of football, and a new challenge................ However if MCFC are fortunate enough to still be in the Champions League after the next game then the landscape might change, we might need Fat Frank !!
I am in no way saying that we have any right to deny him to NYCFC at the start of your season, but I can see some kind of deal being done to keep him as long as possible through the knock out rounds. Quite how that would work I don't know because especially as it is your first season, I think you should have your Marquee signings on show when you kick off...... Does anyone know if it is possible (OK it might not be practical) to be playing for both clubs at the same time ? (eg Frank plays for you guys but we borrow him back for Europe) I know it happens at amateur level over here where a player is signed for two or more teams in different leagues.

MLS owns him.

Him staying is bad for MLS

CFG has no say in the matter.

He will be coming on time.

True, I forgot that the MLS owned the players, one of the major disadvantages (I am sure there must be some advantages) to having a club in America must be that you can never control your assets

Thanks for the reply

So we all save time:

Everytime Frank Lampard has a goal or assist, you will see these articles pop up from England.

None of these article have sources or anything but are just speculation.

Yaya Toure will be out for the African Cup of Nations until I believe right before the MLS season starts

Players have a choice in where they play. If Frank would rather play with MCFC then take a break and/or doing some early training with NYCFC, then that's what will happen.

Players have a choice in where they play. If Frank would rather play with MCFC then take a break and/or doing some early training with NYCFC, then that's what will happen.

I dont think that is accurate, he is under contract. He can't just choose to stay in England.

I dont think that is accurate, he is under contract. He can't just choose to stay in England.

Sure, NYCFC has to agree. But if Frank and MCFC want him in Manchester longer, I don't think NYCFC will object (until at least the season starts. Then they'll throw a fit).

On the flip side, MCFC can't just tell NYCFC they're keeping lampard. Lampard has to sign off.

I don't think the suits at CFG will make Lampard stay in Manchester. That would only play into the perception that NYCFC was set up as a way to cheat FFP. Wouldn't make sense. Why pay $100 mil to cheat if UEFA will just find some other way to punish you?

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
I'm sure MCFC want to keep Lampard longer, just as I'm sure that NYCFC want him in training from day 1.

As far as I'm concerned NYCFC call the shots on this, if not the whole MCFC2 thing is going to grow and grow.

Reactions: einwindir
Honestly, for us to go train in Manchester so Lampard can stay on loan a little longer wouldn't be a bad idea to me.

Honestly, for us to go train in Manchester so Lampard can stay on loan a little longer wouldn't be a bad idea to me.
And I am not convinced this has actually been shot down. Other North American teams train in preseason in England. Why not use the sister club's super-awesome-brand-new-mega- facilities?

Just make sure Lampard is there in February in South Carolina to take on Orlando.

And I am not convinced this has actually been shot down. Other North American teams train in preseason in England. Why not use the sister club's super-awesome-brand-new-mega- facilities?

Just make sure Lampard is there in February in South Carolina to take on Orlando.
Exactly, if they want to keep him a little longer but also let us use their facilities then I am all for it. However, Lampard needs to be back by February.

What are they going to do in January that Frank can't partake in? If they are all in the same place, Lampard can train with his NYCFC mates. I guess it will come down to Pellegrini thinking Lampard should be training on the nicer fields with MC and not with those American upstarts. So if Frank is in Manchester but NOT training with NYCFC, that would be less useful and I see probs with that.

What are they going to do in January that Frank can't partake in? If they are all in the same place, Lampard can train with his NYCFC mates. I guess it will come down to Pellegrini thinking Lampard should be training on the nicer fields with MC and not with those American upstarts. So if Frank is in Manchester but NOT training with NYCFC, that would be less useful and I see probs with that.
Ah, I was thinking more he could stay for some of the UEFA champions League games if needed, but I just saw those run into February which is a no-no to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.