Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying you're wrong about FFP, but can someone explain to me how FFP applies here when Lampard was a free transfer?

I guess it's not really FFP so much as the Homegrown player rule. As part of their punishment for breaking FFP last year, Manchester City was restricted to a 21 man Champions League roster. As compensation their homegrown player requirement was also dropped from 8 to 5. Lampard is one of those 5. If MCFC keeps Frank on and doesn't replace him with another association trained player, then I don't doubt there will be some questions about them using a player for a whole season to fill a mandated position in their roster--when that player was contracted by a subsidiary club, whose financial dealings don't have to be reported by MCFC to UEFA.

I guess it's not really FFP so much as the Homegrown player rule. As part of their punishment for breaking FFP last year, Manchester City was restricted to a 21 man Champions League roster. As compensation their homegrown player requirement was also dropped from 8 to 5. Lampard is one of those 5.

This is MC's UCL roster for this year:
City’s A squad
Hart, Caballero, Sagna, Kompany, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Mangala, Clichy, Demichelis, Boyata, Fernando, Milner, Nasri, Navas, Lampard, Silva, Fernandinho, Touré, Dzeko, Agüero, Jovetic.

Which of those guys are homegrown? Lampard, Hart, Milner, who else?

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/football...-named-manchester-city-champions-league-squad

I'm not saying you're wrong about FFP, but can someone explain to me how FFP applies here when Lampard was a free transfer?

It's not so much the fact that he was a free transfer, it's that Chelsea will claim they never would have let him go so easily if they thought he was going to a direct league rival, and they will claim NYCFC was a smokescreen to engineer the MCFC move.

Which of those guys are homegrown? Lampard, Hart, Milner, who else?

Boyata and Clichy.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
It gets better
B3ztT1cCAAAqcBk.jpg:large

Now we're going back into the territory of media sensationalism. If you can even believe that figure, then it'll be radically tweaked - it's a bit like when the press declares that someone has signed in a "£90m transfer", not mentioning that the actual transfer fee was £30m, the salary over 6 years is £45m and if the player were to get every single contract bonus during the length of his stay - appearance fees for 60 games a season, a hattrick every game, Man Of The Match every game, 10 international appearances every season, Player of the Month every month, Player of the Season every season etc etc etc, then and only then would they get another £15m in bonuses, making it £90m total. They just look for any way of spinning things in the most outlandish way they can. We don't even know if these figures are correct.

Reactions: MrE and Paul
According to the Guardian it's up to ManCity to decide to keep Lampard or allow him to go. Apparently NYCFC left a exception in the loan agreement that allows ManCity not NYCFC to be the decision maker.

Because, and I quote, "MLS is essentially a retirement league".

Reactions: Kjbert
Just asking as a STH and TR member. I know a lot of you have season tickets and some of you are members of the TR. I would be unbelievably disappointed and betrayed by the club. How should we respond as fans?

1. Boycott games (not ideal)
2. Silent march to the stadium from bar prior to game time.
3. Silence from Supporters section.

Lemme hear your ideas.

no merchandise. no official jersey (roosevelt avenue here i come). no concessions. no noise. dissappointment.

Reactions: DiRoma
According to the Guardian it's up to ManCity to decide to keep Lampard or allow him to go. Apparently NYCFC left a exception in the loan agreement that allows ManCity not NYCFC to be the decision maker.

Because, and I quote, "MLS is essentially a retirement league".
Am I the only one that thinks they have no idea what they are talking about?

I hope the guardian is full of it. But I never heard that particular bit of rumor/news before.

I would seriously start reconsidering supporting this team if Lampard stays at City. I want to support a team that represents NY. Not an energy drink. Not a team in Manchester that is the poster child for almost everything that is wrong in this sport.

I'm willing to bite my tongue over the jersey. But this would begin to creep too far for my taste.

No noise is an important one. Imagine a quiet march to the stadium for the inaugural game, quiet supporters for the entire game, quiet exit. DEFINITELY makes a statement

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
Ebay the merchandize we already bought and wait another 20 years for NY 3 ;)...

Not but seriously. The best way would be to raise hell via email/social media and threaten not to show up to games. No better protest than an empty stadium.

Reactions: BxLio91 and Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.