Frank Lampard Thread

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mit-New-York-City-mistakes-Frank-Lampard.html

Above is a better article. Seems CFG have finally figured out there in the....
The articles seem to be consistent on the facts but offering different spin. The Daily Mail implies some contrition on the part of City that the Irish Mirror article omits. But I didn't really see any contrition expressed by City. I went to their website and found nothing on this in the news section, so it appears they are sending a press release out to the press but not posting it for the public to read directly. That's their option but I prefer to get things unfiltered. Now I'm waiting for NYCFC's official statement, whether filtered through reporters or sent directly to the public and ticketholders.
After all this, I am prepared to forgive on condition of an acknowledgment of deception (even if couched in weaselly "mistakes were made" language) and an apology. Simply saying "oops, it was a mistake" without some apology would be more than disappointing. Right now they are on the verge of coming clean, but I'm not sure whether they will take the full step.

So... Manchester Lied to New York City and Franks released a statement. Maybe he realize he is going to catch the heat for this.

the communications department

mr-burns-monkeys-typewriters1-640x381-600x357.jpg

Its pretty obvious its all been lies. What's incredibly shocking is how many times they've changed their own story...

It was a loan, it wasn't a loan.
Break clause, no break clause
Now it was simply a short contract that expired at Dec 31?

Why not just tell the truth from the beginning? None of this was needed...

The articles seem to be consistent on the facts but offering different spin. The Daily Mail implies some contrition on the part of City that the Irish Mirror article omits. But I didn't really see any contrition expressed by City. I went to their website and found nothing on this in the news section, so it appears they are sending a press release out to the press but not posting it for the public to read directly. That's their option but I prefer to get things unfiltered. Now I'm waiting for NYCFC's official statement, whether filtered through reporters or sent directly to the public and ticketholders.
After all this, I am prepared to forgive on condition of an acknowledgment of deception (even if couched in weaselly "mistakes were made" language) and an apology. Simply saying "oops, it was a mistake" without some apology would be more than disappointing. Right now they are on the verge of coming clean, but I'm not sure whether they will take the full step.

There needs to be a statement from CFG posted on both MCFC and NYCFC stating the FACTS not get both PR departments that have done such a great job so far to drip feed it to the press.

So... Manchester Lied to New York City and Franks released a statement. Maybe he realize he is going to catch the heat for this.

Naive. Everybody knew. The only eyes the wool was pulled over was ours. I know the sole NYCFC support here would like to think CFG or MCFC sold NYCFC down the river, but my gut feeling this is not the case. The truth is CFG not MCFC, CFG pulled the trigger on marketing FL way too early and made a rod for their own back. The only part of CFG we can't blame for this is Melbourne.

Last edited:
Naive. Everybody knew. The only eye's the wool was pulled over was ours. I know the sole NYCFC support here would like to think CFG or MCFC sold NYCFC down the river, but my gut feeling this is not the case. The truth is CFG not MCFC, CFG pulled the trigger on marketing FL way too early and made a rod for their own back. The only part of CFG we can't blame for this is Melbourne.
Dude I was kidding FL was always going to heat so will the other teams but I wanted to make a joke about it.

Welcome to the business of football. We're always going to be the last to know the truth and pay the price for it. I don't even know why they bother saying anything in the first place. Either way, I'm hoping this can finally end this tire fire.

Eh whatever the situation sucks but we all knew it was coming before it happened... Now if they make some solid signings (Real ones not fairy tale ones like Lampard) then I will certainly forgive and move on. If we can get Mix under DP money I will be ecstatic. It seems almost possible given we offered $300k of allocation money to the red bulls for Meara.... I know im slightly getting off topic however I am just saying it is what it is and time to move on.

Franks a douche but I don't really blame him he was playing well and the team was playing well. I just think the situation was handled poorly. The fact that MCFC has said they made mistakes is actually more then I thought would have came out of their camp.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Here's the kicker, if they had just said Frank will be coming to NYCFC some time in 2015, perhaps the summer, maybe sooner depending on variables...then it would have been fine. That's normal in MLS.

So incredibly shortsighted. Even Don Garber built up enough courage to sort of say CFG were full of shit on this one and NYCFC is his baby...

Reactions: JayH
I guess it comes down to what they mean by mistake/error:
  1. We accidentally wrote 2 year contract and loan when we meant to type short term deal at Manchester.
  2. We were mistaken in ever thinking we could get away with this bullshit without it blowing up.

All I can say is I hope the PR genius that came up with this will be getting a P45/Pink Slip

I guess it comes down to what they mean by mistake/error:
  1. We accidentally wrote 2 year contract and loan when we meant to type short term deal at Manchester.
  2. We were mistaken in ever thinking we could get away with this bullshit without it blowing up.

Clearly it's #2.

Reactions: franchise646
Eh whatever the situation sucks but we all knew it was coming before it happened... Now if they make some solid signings (Real ones not fairy tale ones like Lampard) then I will certainly forgive and move on. If we can get Mix under DP money I will be ecstatic. It seems almost possible given we offered $300k of allocation money to the red bulls for Meara.... I know im slightly getting off topic however I am just saying it is what it is and time to move on.

Franks a douche but I don't really blame him he was playing well and the team was playing well. I just think the situation was handled poorly. The fact that MCFC has said they made mistakes is actually more then I thought would have came out of their camp.

I agree time to close the book on Frank until he shows up. On to more signing.

I just saw on twitter that Red Bull are going to host a supporters Q&A session because of the firing of their manager. I think our guys should follow the same course and put this to rest for good.

Totally. NYCFC is just handling this in the worst possible way.

Doesn't Third Rail have a direct line to the club? I wonder if they're in talks with them. This is definitely the time for them to step up.