Frank Lampard Thread

I'm not sure they did ever lie about Villa. From my recollection Melbourne City never committed to a number of games that he would play for them, and as far as I know still haven't confirmed whether or not he would return this season (despite everyone knowing the answer to that).

With Villa, like it has been here lack of communication has been a big issue that has allowed speculation to run rampant. That hasn't helped matters, with Lampard neither has the incorrect, or at best ambiguous statements from both clubs involved.

CFG doesn't tend to give updates, they say something when something needs to be said. It can be frustrating as a supporter, and in both the Villa and Lampard cases I think a lot of the discontent could have been avoided if the clubs concerned were more upfront about things.
To be fair I never saw an actual statement on that myself. But more than one Melbourne fan has come here and said they were told it was to be a 10 game stint. I did see a news story that characterized his loan deal as being for a maximum of 10 games. It's possible then that
  1. the club marketing department went too far and said he'd be there for 10 games in ads even though the 10 game was a limit, not a guarantee
  2. the club carefully worded its ads to play up the 10 game max deal while leaving the impression it was a definite 10 game deal
  3. the club was completely honest and fans just read loosely and assumed a 10-game commitment when none was even implied
I guess it's just another CFG "error."

Anyone else enjoying David Villa slightly trolling Fat Frank.

durant.jpg

I guess it comes down to what they mean by mistake/error:
  1. We accidentally wrote 2 year contract and loan when we meant to type short term deal at Manchester.
  2. We were mistaken in ever thinking we could get away with this bullshit without it blowing up.
Come on, haven't you ever looked at an Elephant and mistaken it for a chicken? It could happen to anybody....

To be fair I never saw an actual statement on that myself. But more than one Melbourne fan has come here and said they were told it was to be a 10 game stint. I did see a news story that characterized his loan deal as being for a maximum of 10 games. It's possible then that
  1. the club marketing department went too far and said he'd be there for 10 games in ads even though the 10 game was a limit, not a guarantee
  2. the club carefully worded its ads to play up the 10 game max deal while leaving the impression it was a definite 10 game deal
  3. the club was completely honest and fans just read loosely and assumed a 10-game commitment when none was even implied
I guess it's just another CFG "error."
Wait when it is done by NYCFC then it is a CFG error but when it is done to NYCFC it's those MCFC bastards. Just asking for clarification.

Wait when it is done by NYCFC then it is a CFG error but when it is done to NYCFC it's those MCFC bastards. Just asking for clarification.
Oh give it up. I have stated repeatedly that I think NYCFC lied, MCFC lied and Lampard lied. I consider every entity responsible for his or its own lies and CFG responsible for the lies of its entire group. No one beats this dead horse more than you.

EDIT - typo

It's all of the above, but most of all it's CFG in both cases. But you just told us that you're a member of the CFG supporters club, so feel free to continue being outraged.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Just put him on ignore - it makes for a way more enjoyable board experience.

Eh. It's kind of fun to watch him twist and turn every time someone complains. I'm pretty Ferran Soriano could smack Andre's mother and his response would be, "Come on guys. He slapped my mom, and, sure, he even spit in my face on the way out the door, but he's not all bad. Think about all the things he's done for this team!"