Frank Lampard Thread

Did a short music-mentary on the Frank Lampard situation for some catharsis.

A lot that I wanted to add (and still might add) but for whatever reason I didn't add. So perhaps there will be a revised version later on.

Umm that was hilarious. The Ferran Soriano quotes were placed perfectly. Oh man.

As much as I would love to see it happen, I don't see our FO telling Lampard to go away. They seem intent upon pretending that as long as he shows up mid-summer, the lie is somehow revoked. I confess to leaning towards preferring maximum embarrassment at this point. I figure if he stiffs us and leaves the NYCFC FO holding the bag, it goes one of two ways. Preferably they finally learn from the fiasco, make a public statement of something and actually make sure this never happens again. because right now I have no faith in these folks not to do the same again. Lots of fans seem to think this was so bad the FO is determined not to repeat it but as far as I can tell they're sliding through with limited fallout. They don't love the negative press but it seems worth the cost to advance MCFC. So if it gets worse to get better I'm on board. The short term pain is worth it in that instance for me. Second option is that they continue to pretend this is all just fine even if FL walks away and then I can know I'm completely done.

But in the end I think he'll come mid-summer, which is basically worst case scenario for me.

My other dream scenario is he comes here totally spent and useless but some minimum salary nobody completely exceeds expectations and renders him irrelevant.

If by "shit-storm" you mean we never have to listen to more of his lies about how he's so excited to play for us then, yes, I can imagine it -- I hope he never shows his whore face in NYC again.
After watching Soccer Morning I really want this Lampard thing behind us, only way to do that really is but cutting bait with Voldemort and telling to keep is ass England we'll replace him

Did a short music-mentary on the Frank Lampard situation for some catharsis.

A lot that I wanted to add (and still might add) but for whatever reason I didn't add. So perhaps there will be a revised version later on.

When the reporter asked if NYC would wear sky blue and Soriano is shown responding that NYC would have its own identity, is that two items spliced together or was that an actual direct response.
And if that was a cut, what was the actual direct response?
Thanks to anyone who can answer this.

I would rather he stays home, but this is likely housekeeping by CFG. He can't have a deal with two clubs. If he had a deal to play in **** city AND NYCFC, it would be against rules. So they have to say there is no deal with NYC to avoid that.

Its all sheisty, but I don;t think it really means anything. Of course thats what I thought about not seeing Franks salary in that MLS salary dump too.

You're wrong & right.

You're right, that NYC couldn't sign Lampard till December 6th, 2014, IF!!! his MCFC contract ran till June 6th, 2015 (CL Final).

You're wrong because in another thread, we came to the conclusion that you can have 2 simultaneous contracts with 2 clubs according to FIFA, if your current contract is set to expire within 6 months & your current teams gives permission. That's why I wrote this excerpt to my ticket rep that I'll share again here:

"2. Can we please get some transparency on the current contract situation? Does Lampard’s contract expire after the Champions League final this year on June 6th? If so, is he signed to NYCFC at the moment, since we’re now in FIFA’s 6 month window to sign a player to a 2nd contract with the current club’s permission. If not, why not? There would be only 4 reasons I can think of why Lampard is not currently signed to NYCFC and MLS starting June 7th at this very moment:

A. MCFC did not give permission.
B. He’s singed to MCFC past June 6th, 2015.
C. Lampard does not want to sign with NYCFC.
D. NYCFC does not want to sign Lampard."

We're in for a very interesting summer. Personally I feel he's a great talent, but with only 1.5 seasons and not a full 90 minutes a match, I'd rather we just avoid the drama at this point and bring in a different DP. Stevie G had class & integrity to sign with LA Galaxy already.

When the reporter asked if NYC would wear sky blue and Soriano is shown responding that NYC would have its own identity, is that two items spliced together or was that an actual direct response.
And if that was a cut, what was the actual direct response?
Thanks to anyone who can answer this.
I was thinking the same thing

Reactions: mgarbowski
I thought people might wonder about that, it has been cut, obviously, but not by me. That is how MLS cut it as that bit came directly, untouched from an official MLS piece.

So I can't say if there was anything more than that but I would guess not.

I thought people might wonder about that, it has been cut, obviously, but not by me. That is how MLS cut it as that bit came directly, untouched from an official MLS piece.

So I can't. Say if there was anything more than that but I would guess not.

Fair enough. It looks very much like a cut but if MLS did it then I think its completely fair to use it against them. Good work.

Fair enough. It looks very much like a cut but if MLS did it then I think its completely fair to use it against them. Good work.
I'm sure he probably said, "we're not ready to reveal details about the uniform yet but I can tell you..." and then that's where it picks up from.

So for sake of brevity, they just cut to the part they can say...

I find it funny that MLS was probably thinking, "Aha! One of the big fears everyone has had is put to rest with that comment. We better put that in there."

And in actuality, it just shows again we were lied to.

I find it funny that MLS was probably thinking, "Aha! One of the big fears everyone has had is put to rest with that comment. We better put that in there."

And in actuality, it just shows again we were lied to.
Truth. Can you post the link to the MLS video? I tried to find it and could not. I'd like to see the whole thing.

Jamie Jackson lol, you have discovered him. He has just re-written what has come out over the last week or so but in his world, it constitutes news.

The only recognised skill this crayon writer has, is the ability to garner abuse from fans of every club. No other writer is capable of that. A typical example is this match report http://www.theguardian.com/football...hester-city-roma-soft-centre-champions-league

His articles now, will almost always have the comments section removed as the mods on their site are pinned down for weeks on a single article of his.

JJ an epic fail.

Could have a seperate contract with MLS though...

Like Gerrard?

From what I understand, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong. All contracts with MLS teams are actually with the MLS itself and not the team/franchise.

In fact, if Lampard had actually signed with NYC/MLS in the first place, MLS (owning the contract) might have used that leverage to refuse the to allow Lampard to remain at MCFC. Leverage NYC does not have as part of the CFG.

So, when I say Lampard needs to sign with NYC, he really needs to sign with MLS.

Jamie Jackson lol, you have discovered him. He has just re-written what has come out over the last week or so but in his world, it constitutes news.

The only recognised skill this crayon writer has, is the ability to garner abuse from fans of every club. No other writer is capable of that. A typical example is this match report http://www.theguardian.com/football...hester-city-roma-soft-centre-champions-league

His articles now, will almost always have the comments section removed as the mods on their site are pinned down for weeks on a single article of his.

JJ an epic fail.

Interesting, but it's a quote directly from EPL.

From what I understand, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong. All contracts with MLS teams are actually with the MLS itself and not the team/franchise.

In fact, if Lampard had actually signed with NYC/MLS in the first place, MLS (owning the contract) might have used that leverage to refuse the to allow Lampard to remain at MCFC. Leverage NYC does not have as part of the CFG.

So, when I say Lampard needs to sign with NYC, he really needs to sign with MLS.
correct. Many thought MLS would never let him do that, but they circumvented Dapper Don's plans.

Reactions: Kjbert
Interesting, but it's a quote directly from EPL.

I can expect the EPL to be slow, it has been xmas and the offices have been shut. They have also had tough and more important decisions to make in regard to sorting out the year's catering in the office.

I was having more of direct pop at JJ who suddenly thinks this is news.

To be fair, you guys here have been quicker and more analytical than he has and none of you work here full time.

Reactions: mgarbowski

Yep, which is why I said a contract with MLS.

It does raise the question yet again as to why Villa and Lampard are on different contracts. I think MLS is fine with players coming in the summer, so they tossed CFG a bone on this one expecting a big favor in return (a NY stadium and good players)...

Reactions: mrplow2000