Frank Lampard Thread

The point is that if he was dying to come he would have came when he initially promised.

If there is something I am dying to do and have the power to do it, then I do it...You know, because I'm dying to do so. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
You prefer 'excited' rather than 'dying'? The guy is a gamer, he's won all the club titles, I'd want to see playing time too instead of bench (even tho those premier league racing seats do look comfy).

No, not that, this...

The point is that if he was dying to come he would have came when he initially promised.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Not sure contractually what he can or carnt do ,but with city pretty much certainly going out of the champions league on Wednesday and in reality one more deafet away from conceding the league ,it would make sense for him to go to NY now.however if Chelsea react badly to last nights defeat and city start to reel them in I suspect he will stay put until the end of the season.it seems a strong rumour over here that Xavi will be your next DP
We heard that too but now its being reported that NY has maybe lost interest in Xavi, maybe someone better in the works?

We heard that too but now its being reported that NY has maybe lost interest in Xavi, maybe someone better in the works?
At this point in the development of nycfc xavi would probably be a good fit bearing in mind the backroom team at city are all ex barca.going forward I don't think you can realistically attract the best players in the world due to your wage cap bearing in mind yaya toure is supposed to be on over £200,000 A WEEK.so your in the position of attracting a household name for his last pay day.I honestly carnt think who would fit the bill, off the top of my head how would Tim Howard go down ?
Or does a DP have to be more of a flair player ?
Edit.just remembered saw kolo toure of Liverpool linked yesterday he would fit the bil . Only he's a defender tho

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert

If there is something I am dying to do and have the power to do it, then I do it...You know, because I'm dying to do so. :p

I would assume there's a little more red tape than that...

The point is I'm relaying convo from Claudio. Absorb it however you want. Personally, I think the sooner Lampard comes over the better.

Move on from LampardGate.

I've moved on, but I'll never forget that they all lied to us.
Every person involved in the whole affair on both sides of the pond was how can you say very economical with the truth.I bet all involved wish things had been handled different.
But like you. Say time to move on

Every person involved in the whole affair on both sides of the pond was how can you say very economical with the truth.I bet all involved wish things had been handled different.
But like you. Say time to move on
Both sides of the pond?
Everyone here thought he was coming. Even our coach was notified via a question from the press...

They had a press conference announcing his signing. He posed with a fucking scarf. They made a hype video with him signing papers right at the beginning claiming he signed here.
I wonder how you lot would have reacted if Man City announced signing Bony, Had him posing in the shirt, paraded around Manchester only for the club to announce that in reality he had never signed and that he signed with the Sheikh's club in the UAE?

They had a press conference announcing his signing. He posed with a fucking scarf. They made a hype video with him signing papers right at the beginning claiming he signed here.
I wonder how you lot would have reacted if Man City announced signing Bony, Had him posing in the shirt, paraded around Manchester only for the club to announce that in reality he had never signed and that he signed with the Sheikh's club in the UAE?
Im not even going to start trying to defend what went on it was bizzare and just plain wrong on every level. End of .
But I think you have to be niave to believe your management wernt in the loop.did they actually not prepare or read what he had signed in front of them,come on.
NYC needed a face to launch and I suspect what lampard signed was some sort of commitment or pre contract which was fine at the time.
He was then offered to Melbourne to keep up their profile and his fitness. But chose to maintain his fitness at city.
I think this is where it went wrong .he ended up playing and scoring a few so city signed him up.totally wrong in my opinion.either way he should of been in NY just after Xmas.
As regardes bony he's been shit up to now so would of been pleased if he'd been loaned out somewhere else .loi

We know the management was in the loop but ultimately MCFC comes first. No one was naive about that. We just thought that MCFC pulling rank over 37 year old Fat Frank whom would be way more useful here was fucking stupid and that it was the single move that would completely bomb the little amount of credibility we had. Everyone and their mothers claimed NYCFC was set up to allow Man City to cheat ffp and that move played into that perception. While I doubt that the sheikh would go through all that just to sign a 37 yr old who's damn near finished, perception is everything.

There's nothing sinister in the fact that Lampard signed with CFG with the intention of joining NY after a stay at Melbourne or Manchester to stay in shape. If things had gone like that no one would care, let alone notice.

It only became something sinister when Manchester goes back on the agreement, to the detriment of NY, but to their own benefit.

Its then made even worse by the fact he's mostly sat the bench and Manchester are on pace to win nothing anyway.

Your club looks dumber than shit now.

Reactions: Narrowback gal
Im not even going to start trying to defend what went on it was bizzare and just plain wrong on every level. End of .
But I think you have to be niave to believe your management wernt in the loop.did they actually not prepare or read what he had signed in front of them,come on.
NYC needed a face to launch and I suspect what lampard signed was some sort of commitment or pre contract which was fine at the time.
He was then offered to Melbourne to keep up their profile and his fitness. But chose to maintain his fitness at city.
I think this is where it went wrong .he ended up playing and scoring a few so city signed him up.totally wrong in my opinion.either way he should of been in NY just after Xmas.
As regardes bony he's been shit up to now so would of been pleased if he'd been loaned out somewhere else .loi

One inaccuracy there: I don't think Melbourne was ever an option because Villa had already been loaned there. A-league rules basically prevented both loans at once, so I think Lampard had to go to MCFC.

There's nothing sinister in the fact that Lampard signed with CFG with the intention of joining NY after a stay at Melbourne or Manchester to stay in shape. If things had gone like that no one would care, let alone notice.

It only became something sinister when Manchester goes back on the agreement, to the detriment of NY, but to their own benefit.

Its then made even worse by the fact he's mostly sat the bench and Manchester are on pace to win nothing anyway.

What through a spanner in the works was he scored a few goals early doors apart from that he's been really poor.totally agree city come out of this with no credit .

Don't forget how everyone, including NYCFC, told us from the beginning that he signed and was LOANED to MCFC. This is the root of the problem. They sold us this lie. If they would have just said from the start that it was just an agreement to play, and he'd come in the summer, no one would have minded.

We know the management was in the loop but ultimately MCFC comes first. No one was naive about that. We just thought that MCFC pulling rank over 37 year old Fat Frank whom would be way more useful here was fucking stupid and that it was the single move that would completely bomb the little amount of credibility we had. Everyone and their mothers claimed NYCFC was set up to allow Man City to cheat ffp and that move played into that perception. While I doubt that the sheikh would go through all that just to sign a 37 yr old who's damn near finished, perception is everything.
In all honesty not many fans grasped what ffpr was its only becoming apparent now its designed to keep the big clubs at the top and stifle the little clubs.
Nycfc is a tool to promote Abu Dhabi and etihad in the states just the same as man city and Melbourne are .Abu Dhabi is gearing up for life without oil revenues. Etihads turnover has increased dramatically already .on the plus side we get to watch world class players in state of the art facilities .

One inaccuracy there: I don't think Melbourne was ever an option because Villa had already been loaned there. A-league rules basically prevented both loans at once, so I think Lampard had to go to MCFC.
Maybe lampard was offered first and declined villa didn't furfill his contract from memory with Melbourne

Don't forget how everyone, including NYCFC, told us from the beginning that he signed and was LOANED to MCFC. This is the root of the problem. They sold us this lie. If they would have just said from the start that it was just an agreement to play, and he'd come in the summer, no one would have minded.
100% correct.like you said nycfc were kept in the loop,hence why I said NOBODY comes out of this with any credit