Frank Lampard Was On The Radio This Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not some naive youngin. He knew what was happening. He's pissed he was told that MC needed him then didn't play him. Now the seasons over. He's coming here and thinks he's going to get a heroes welcome. Finds out a lot of fans are pretty miffed by what happened and he's playing the innocent card to appease them.

None of this will matter though. As soon as he scores his first goal, all will be forgiven.

He's not some naive youngin. He knew what was happening. He's pissed he was told that MC needed him then didn't play him. Now the seasons over. He's coming here and thinks he's going to get a heroes welcome. Finds out a lot of fans are pretty miffed by what happened and he's playing the innocent card to appease them.

None of this will matter though. As soon as he scores his first goal, all will be forgiven.
I'm actually believing Frank more and more in this. If there's dishonesty, best bet is that it's on behalf of the organization and the higher-ups. Frank just seems to have wanted to play, and was told he was going to, then Pelle or CFG left him out to dry. Get him rested, get him gelled, get him out there because we need him.

I'm actually believing Frank more and more in this. If there's dishonesty, best bet is that it's on behalf of the organization and the higher-ups. Frank just seems to have wanted to play, and was told he was going to, then Pelle or CFG left him out to dry. Get him rested, get him gelled, get him out there because we need him.
I think he wanted to stick it to Chelsea before he left more than anything.. Then, not to get the same playing time he was before he screwed NYCFC AND to watch Chelsea pull away had to be infuriating.

Maybe that's why they were subbing him in for 2 or 3 minutes every game. Just to get him out there a little so he wouldn't be so mad.

Subbing him for 2/3 minutes every game?! BollocksView attachment 2634

No one is denying that he was good at Man City, but look at the 10 games between Jan 1 and March 14. According to Transfermarkt Lampard played 125 of those 900 minutes (less than two full matches), coming off the bench in 9 and watching from the sidelines in one. He scored 1 goal, 0 assists, and MCFC dropped points in 6 out of 10.

This was the period right after his loan was signed. If he was led to believe to believe he'd be getting serious minutes and was given that bit part instead he has every right to be angry about it. Yes it does sound like what the fans want to hear in New York, but it's also completely understandable. I don't see why certain MCFC fans are determined to defend MP here.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
No one is denying that he was good at Man City, but look at the 10 games between Jan 1 and March 14. According to Transfermarkt Lampard played 125 of those 900 minutes (less than two full matches), coming off the bench in 9 and watching from the sidelines in one. He scored 1 goal, 0 assists, and MCFC dropped points in 6 out of 10.

This was the period right after his loan was signed. If he was led to believe to believe he'd be getting serious minutes and was given that bit part instead he has every right to be angry about it. Yes it does sound like what the fans want to hear in New York, but it's also completely understandable. I don't see why certain MCFC fans are determined to defend MP here.

It's all smoke and mirrors, only a select group of people know the truth of what went on and I doubt mere mortals like us will ever know.
Course we'll defend Manuel, wouldn't you? Two trophies in first season isn't too shabby! I very much doubt he had anything to do with the decision of extending his stay.
I would say this saga will be a distant memory in years to come. Like I've said before, certain people on here have an agenda against MCFC due to their allegiances to other English teams and are hell bent on causing trouble!

certain people on here have an agenda against MCFC due to their allegiances to other English teams and are hell bent on causing trouble!
Well, crap. I'm a City fan and before I read that *I* was hell bent on causing trouble. Maybe I'll just have to hold it down to a mere ruckus or something.

Course we'll defend Manuel, wouldn't you? Two trophies in first season isn't too shabby! I very much doubt he had anything to do with the decision of extending his stay.

This is the bit I don't get though. Just because the guy won you two trophies doesn't mean he can do no wrong. It's ok to like what he's done for the team and admit he can be an arrogant tool at times too.

I also don't credit the defense that he was misled. Assuming it's true, and it probably is, it doesn't really absolve him. He's arguing "I had a commitment, and abandoned it because I was offered something shiny. But I didn't get that so it's not my fault I broke my comitment." That's hardly a defense.

A better defense to which I could be sympathetic would be: "I signed with CFG. At first my employers told me that wanted me in NY in January. Then they decided to reassign me. Being a loyal, dutiful employee, I did what they asked. I'm sorry and understand why the NY fans feel poorly treated, but I simply did what my contract required and my bosses asked of me." That defense would make sense. It would also distance himself from his employer and I presume that's why he isn't taking advantage of it.

Arrogant?! I've heard it all!View attachment 2635

I'm not sure how else to describe saying that he's keeping our star player and will decide whether or not to cast him off after his season is done. Assuming that just because we're in a lower league he gets to call the shots with our marquee signing is incredibly arrogant.

“Maybe all the New York fans, and I understand perfectly, want to see Frank playing because for the fans in New York to see Frank play is an amazing thing. I hope that he will be there next year but I think that in this moment the best decision for him, for the club, for New York is to stay here with us.”

When pressed why he had said only “hope” regarding Lampard playing at NYC next season, Pellegrini refused to clarify that the midfielder would definitely do so. Pellegrini said: “You are talking May or June? You cannot have all different questions about Frank Lampard. He will stay now with us until the end of the season. In May maybe you can start thinking about what will happen in the future. He will stay with us until May.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football...xt-season-manuel-pellegrini-mls-new-york-city

Edit: And even if I were a Man City fan, and loved Pelle, I'd still be able to admit that he handled the situation poorly in the press. Support doesn't have to be carte blanche

Let's see, what do you call it when you come to a team's board that you are not a fan of and argue with all the fans? Rolling? Polling? Foaling?

It will come to me.
he said MCFC Fans due to the fact some MCFC fans are defending MP. And we've tried to put a stop to this before by moving all lampard discussion to debate desk and the majority of members who are complaining about 'trolling' MCFC fans had a hissy fit and cried censorship and so on.

he said MCFC Fans due to the fact some MCFC fans are defending MP. And we've tried to put a stop to this before by moving all lampard discussion to debate desk and the majority of members who are complaining about 'trolling' MCFC fans had a hissy fit and cried censorship and so on.
You know there are certain moths that only buzz around the Lampard flame, and don't comment on any other aspect of the team. Combine that with the fact that they come from another team's perspective and I don't see the purpose that keeping them here serves. It only riles up a section of our fans, and make ALL the discussion about the same tiresome issue. Its annoying to come here and see that there is no discussion of our game tomorrow, but 40 posts about Lampard and MCFC.

Reactions: Paul
You know there are certain moths that only buzz around the Lampard flame, and don't comment on any other aspect of the team. Combine that with the fact that they come from another team's perspective and I don't see the purpose that keeping them here serves. It only riles up a section of our fans, and make ALL the discussion about the same tiresome issue. Its annoying to come here and see that there is no discussion of our game tomorrow, but 40 posts about Lampard and MCFC.
We have 1500 members. Can't tell me that 1400 are MCFC fans. If no one wants to talk about the game I can't make them. The threads are there. Can't make people go to them.

Reactions: Kjbert
We have 1500 members. Can't tell me that 1400 are MCFC fans. If no one wants to talk about the game I can't make them. The threads are there. Can't make people go to them.
If you don't see a problem with people who have 250 posts all about Frank Lampard, then neither do I.

Can I just say this place is so much more enjoyable with a certain trolling party on ignore?

The ones that de-rail every conversation looking to talk about/defend a certain other team that's not NYCFC...
Did you know that mcfc first team is going to tomorrow s game.there ya go discussed tomorrow s game.
Posted to make you smile .tongue in cheek

Status
Not open for further replies.