General MLS Discussion

Something an another thread led me to look up g/90 and xG/90 and while doing that I noticed Holy Crap: Georgios Giakoumakis of Atlanta is averaging more than a goal per 90 (or per 96 as ASA prefers) over 837 minutes.

So checking in on the MLS Soccer website (scrolling down from the top)
1. Top story: Messi scores against australia
2. Ad for season pass
3. Links to 3 articles about Messi
4. “More Messi News” section - link to Extratime discussing Messi, and 3 more Messi articles.
5. Section called “The Messi Insider” - sign up for Messi news straight to your inbox!
6. (Buried at the bottom of the page) - what to watch for on matchday 19

Complete trash. Stop wanking off about Messi - there is still a league going on.

2. Ad for season pass
4. “More Messi News” section - link to Extratime discussing Messi, and 3 more Messi articles.
5. Section called “The Messi Insider” - sign up for Messi news straight to your inbox!

Complete trash. Stop wanking off about Messi - there is still a league going on.

what's worse is he's technically not an MLS player yet. lol

2. Ad for season pass

TBH it’s practically impossible to find ANYTHING useful on the site like game recap articles (when they actually appear) and even things like power rankings and armchair analyst unless it’s the actual day they are published. The MLS site has deteriorated signnificantly over the past year.

TBH it’s practically impossible to find ANYTHING useful on the site like game recap articles (when they actually appear) and even things like power rankings and armchair analyst unless it’s the actual day they are published. The MLS site has deteriorated signnificantly over the past year.
Yes! Why aren't game recaps in the Game Center? Why isn't Instant Replay listed under Series? I dare anyone to define what is the criteria for placing something under the "Features" heading, which includes 22 Under 22, Black History Month, Jerseys and Kits, Pride Month, Soccer for All, and The Word. Also I don't know what The Word is. Three of those are also under MLS Celebrates, which is a clear enough category once you see what's in it.

Why is the search function total crap? If you search for a player name you never get his Player Info Page in the results. The only way to find that is via the team roster page (which might not exist) and useless for former players. Then you must click on a game in which the player participated and click on his name in the lineup page (but not the player stats page). If you search for "instant replay" you probably get a random Instant Replay feature from maybe last August, followed by 3 articles from when the league adopted video review, followed by something that has nothing to do with instant replay at all. Then another random weekly Instant Replay from maybe 2017.

I wonder what’s taking so long on the Messi deal. Everyday he’s slathered all over the website without an official contract makes the league look more like a joke. I truly couldn’t tell the USMNT won a major trophy last night if not for the forum.

Reactions: canchon and 413Blue
They now have the Messi section below the latest news. Guess the site intern woke up from his non-stop celebration from the moment Messi was signed and the initial content went up.

Inter Messi now 11 points out of the playoffs. Hilarious to see how much they are sinking before Messi & Friends arrive with 10 games left. They may have to practically win them all.

Inter Messi now 11 points out of the playoffs. Hilarious to see how much they are sinking before Messi & Friends arrive with 10 games left. They may have to practically win them all.
MLS probably has a plan to get Miami in the playoffs.

I’m irrationally annoyed our cross river rivals shlacked Atlanta and we let them escape with a point. Obviously different circumstances but that’s why it’s irrational

I’m irrationally annoyed our cross river rivals shlacked Atlanta and we let them escape with a point. Obviously different circumstances but that’s why it’s irrational
And they schlacked Atlanta with Atlanta fielding its usual lineup while we had mostly the MLS Next Pro team and still couldn’t get 3 points. Maddening.

The combo of NYC not replacing its best player in 2 windows, plus an unfinished roster plus half of MLS players gone for a month while forcing double game weeks plus then the league shutting down for a month in the middle of the season = me being more bored with Major League Soccer than I’ve ever been since NYCFC began.
I can’t stop following NYCFC but the rest of the league is of zero interest to me. I haven’t looked at a Doyle column or power rankings in weeks. Those Apple wrap up shows hold no appeal though that’s also a function of boring hosts.
I’m not about to start caring about baseball again so I’m at a bit of a loss.

Last edited:
The combo of NYC not replacing its best player in 2 windows, plus an unfinished roster plus half of MLS players gone for a month while forcing double game weeks plus then the league shutting down for a month in the middle of the season = me being more bored with Major League Soccer than I’ve ever been since NYCFC began.
I can’t stop following NYCFC but the rest of the league is of zero interest to me. I haven’t looked at a Doyle column or power rankings in weeks. Those Apple wrap up shows hold no appeal though that’s also a function of boring hosts).
I’m not about to start caring about baseball again so I’m at a bit of a loss.
I’m in the same boat. I used to enjoy looking up 538’s rankings as well. Now that’s gone. ETR is boring and has been for a while, and truly I’ve lost interest in Blue City Radio. The only thing soccer I listen to is Blue Balls Pod because I like Trey and Jake. I may have to finally pick a European team.