General MLS Discussion

is that what it was? i recall it was a monthly survey as well.

there were surveys early on... and then there was an NYCFC Cityzens "community" that was very poorly implemented and looked like it was thrown together in an hour.

it was still reachable until the end of 2018, I believe but it was definitely not active. It's completely dead now.

there were surveys early on... and then there was an NYCFC Cityzens "community" that was very poorly implemented and looked like it was thrown together in an hour.

it was still reachable until the end of 2018, I believe but it was definitely not active. It's completely dead now.

lol man i totally dont remember the Citizen community and nycfc own messge boards.

Reactions: moogoo
Must suck to be a Union supporter.

You lose one championship to covid and one to a mercenary who only had one shining moment in his short MLS tenure. :D
Hey, philly would have been champions if it wasn't for Bale... and 3 missed penalties... Maybe there should be an asterisk there

Reactions: FootyLovin and Gene
Duran sold to Aston Villa for 18mill. Age 19. We can't sell age 23 taty for 15mill. Crazy what a difference 4 years makes in the market.

yes they feel a kid that age can still grow and develop exponentially. it also helps the kid is already a senior NT player, which can add to his value. Taty was/is no where near that.

Duran sold to Aston Villa for 18mill. Age 19. We can't sell age 23 taty for 15mill. Crazy what a difference 4 years makes in the market.
Aston Villa have 4 years to sell him for like 30M+ to a higher team in Premier League likely.

Taty wouldn't likely be sold higher after this transfer.

well this is interesting... guess no more saying "AT THE BANC" for LAFC fans.

well this is interesting... guess no more saying "AT THE BANC" for LAFC fans.

So what does that make Toronto?

Or do they get to have the "field" and LAFC has the "stadium"?

So what does that make Toronto?

Or do they get to have the "field" and LAFC has the "stadium"?
My assumption is that bc they're technically in different countries....

Actually, is there a rule on sponsorship? Can a company sponsor more than team playing in the same league/pyramid?

Bank of Montreal
Banque de Montréal
BMO
Presumably Bank/que MOntreal
Also presumably because they don't want to be BM.
But is BM (Odor) any better?

Geez we could use some news.

My wife and I visited the headquarters in Montreal back in 1999. The lobby had a neat little mini museum with old currency, and what I most remember was one or two handwritten cheques created by trappers out of animal skin. Basically people are out there in the wilderness and need to trade with each other, and they do it on the basis that one person claims to have an account in Montreal and if the other party takes this handmade animal skin check to the bank there, which probably took at least several days if not weeks of travel, they will get money. And it worked. Pretty cool.

Last edited: