General MLS Discussion

Bank of Montreal
Banque de Montréal
BMO
Presumably Bank/que MOntreal
Also presumably because they don't want to be BM.
But is BM (Odor) any better?

Geez we could use some news.

My wife and I visited the headquarters in Montreal back in 1999. The lobby had a neat little mini museum with old currency, and what I most remember was one or two handwritten cheques created by trappers out of animal skin. Basically they're out there in the wilderness and need to trade with someone, and they do it on the basis that one person claims to have an account in Montreal and if the other party takes this handmade animal skin check to the bank there, they will get money. And it worked. Pretty cool.

but then we wouldn't get these special nuggets of humor and knowlege!

Reactions: mgarbowski
i forget which rule is this? The list of priority to sign a specific a USMNT player?
Poor JK forgot too. When someone asks you what you prefer, always say draft order!

GIF by Ghostbusters

Reactions: FootyLovin and JayH
Poor JK forgot too. When someone asks you what you prefer, always say draft order!

GIF by Ghostbusters

is that what it was? i thought he wanted to say draft, and didnt..... thats why orlando got larin.

is that what it was? i thought he wanted to say draft, and didnt..... thats why orlando got larin.
Yeah he picked allocation order instead after he won the coin toss. Said he was confused, read his cheat sheet wrong.

Reactions: JayH
Yeah he picked allocation order instead after he won the coin toss. Said he was confused, read his cheat sheet wrong.

Everyone remembers this wrong. Kreis screwed up, and MLS was stupid not to let him immediately change his pick, but it was pretty meaningless and had nothing to do with Orlando getting Larin.

1. Orlando won the coin flip and got to pick first. It chose the Expansion Draft.
2. We chose Allocation order (which got us Mix, although Shea signed first, presumably we passed on him)
3. Orlando chose Super Draft which is how it got Larin.
4. Here is where Kreis messed up. He was supposed to choose USL/NASL player ranking but instead took Discovery. It was just an absolute brain lock, and he immediately said so before Orlando chose next, but MLS said no takebacks.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014...eis-mistake-mycfc-orlando-city-priority-draft

Orlando City gets first pick in Expansion Draft

I don't think anyone ever identified how not picking USL/NASL hindered NYCFC. I don't remember Orlando getting some great player from those leagues who we wanted. Really NYCFC's big mistake was picking Allocation instead of the Super Draft, but that was an intentional club decision and not a momentary bit of confusion by Kreis.
Also with hindsight, Orlando should have picked Super Draft first, because Larin was more valuable than any player either team got in the expansion draft. But Orlando still was able to pick priority in the Super Draft before the Kreis mistake.

Everyone remembers this wrong. Kreis screwed up, and MLS was stupid not to let him immediately change his pick, but it was pretty meaningless and had nothing to do with Orlando getting Larin.

1. Orlando won the coin flip and got to pick first. It chose the Expansion Draft.
2. We chose Allocation order (which got us Mix, although Shea signed first, presumably we passed on him)
4. Here is where Kreis messed up. He was supposed to choose USL/NASL player ranking but instead took Discovery. It was just an absolute brain lock, and he immediately said so before Orlando chose next, but MLS said no takebacks.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014...eis-mistake-mycfc-orlando-city-priority-draft

I don't think anyone ever identified how not picking USL/NASL hindered NYCFC. I don't remember Orlando getting some great player from those leagues who we wanted. Really NYCFC's big mistake was picking Allocation instead of the Super Draft, but that was an intentional club decision and not a momentary bit of confusion by Kreis.
Also with hindsight, Orlando should have picked Super Draft first, because Larin was more valuable than any player either team got in the expansion draft. But Orlando still was able to pick priority in the Super Draft before the Kreis mistake.
So many decisions in that 2015 season that could have gone another way. What if we got Larin? Lampard arrived on time? A South American DP that Kreis wanted instead of Pirlo? Do we make the playoffs? Does Kreis not get fired? Do we never get Vieira as a manager?

Welcome to the NYCFC mutli-verse.

Reyna set it all up so we wouldn’t have any good players and could focus all the club resources more on Gio.

My assumption is that bc they're technically in different countries....

Actually, is there a rule on sponsorship? Can a company sponsor more than team playing in the same league/pyramid?
I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure at the same time Toyota sponsored the stadiums for FC Dallas and the Fire before they moved back to Chicago proper. I'm even tempted to say there was a 3rd stadium that carried the Toyota name.

ETA:
Looked it up. 2018 FC Dallas played @ Toyota Stadium and the Fire played @ Toyota Park (before they changed the name to Seat Geek Stadium).

Toyota Field has been the home of San Antonio FC (USL) since 2016.

Last edited:

Reyna is staying on as Technical Advisor. I'm choosing to assume that's a real position and the timing is coincidental. Seriously, I am.
ETA: LOL - nobody, I mean nobody on Reddit agrees.

Reyna is staying on as Technical Advisor. I'm choosing to assume that's a real position and the timing is coincidental. Seriously, I am.
ETA: LOL - nobody, I mean nobody on Reddit agrees.
If I am Anthony Precourt, I am not taking ANY calls from Danielle Reyna today.

• Haha
Reactions: adam and JCMore