Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
If we play like the last two weeks we will get wrecked. We need to attack. This team isn't made to absorb pressure. What the hell happened to our posession football?
Get Mata back on LB and RJ to RB.

Harrison should start again.
ESPN 3:30 Saturday kickoff.

If we play like the last two weeks we will get wrecked. We need to attack. This team isn't made to absorb pressure. What the hell happened to our posession football?
Get Mata back on LB and RJ to RB.

Harrison should start again.
ESPN 3:30 Saturday kickoff.
Our possession football is sitting at home in his apartment doing laundry.

Can we please, idk, play our best lineup for this one? Still haven't seen official confirmation Chanot is out, but assuming he is:

McNamara, Villa, Harrison
Lampard, Iraola, Pirlo
Matarrita, Mena, Brillant, Allen
Is Lampard behind McNamara because McNamara is slower than Harrison? If not, then I wonder why we shouldn't switch Lampard & Pirlo so that Lampard can cover up some of the youngster's mistakes tracking back. Also, Lampard's delivery in the derby to Harrison to set up the sealing Villa goal was so syngeristic.

Is Lampard behind McNamara because McNamara is slower than Harrison? If not, then I wonder why we shouldn't switch Lampard & Pirlo so that Lampard can cover up some of the youngster's mistakes tracking back. Also, Lampard's delivery in the derby to Harrison to set up the sealing Villa goal was so syngeristic.
I think Lampard typically plays closer to Harrison's side too.

No doubt we will manhandle them and all will be ok in NYCFC land for a week. It's the MLS where even the best teams have crappy goalies and just above beer league journeymen.

I'm preparing what to say to the Galaxy players.

Gerrard: "Hey Steven, even in America you won't win the league!"
Cole: "Ashley, why aren't you on a beach in the Hamptons?"
Keane: "Robbie, can McNamara make the Ireland team?"
Magee: "You're better as an actor than a soccer player."
Zardes: "Your first touch is your worst enemy."
De Jong: "Don't end a career today."
Gordon: "You're shit for the first 90 minutes."
Arena: "You can't win a title without Donovan."

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
I'm preparing what to say to the Galaxy players.

Gerrard: "Hey Steven, even in America you won't win the league!"
Cole: "Ashley, why aren't you on a beach in the Hamptons?"
Keane: "Robbie, can McNamara make the Ireland team?"
Magee: "You're better as an actor than a soccer player."
Zardes: "Your first touch is your worst enemy."
De Jong: "Don't end a career today."
Gordon: "You're shit for the first 90 minutes."
Arena: "You can't win a title without Donovan."

Any other suggestions?
Easy on my boy Stevie G!!! #YNWA!!!!!

Wow.... original.... You just make that up?? Never heard that one before!!!!;););)

edit: I guess you are right if by not winning anything you mean two FA Cups, three League Cups, one UEFA Champions League, one UEFA Cup, and two UEFA Super Cups......... :smilingimp:

I think the Liverpool PA announcer said when Gerrard came out of the tunnel for his final game, "He's won nearly every trophy in European football."

Well except the one that matters the most.

Steven Gerrard Gerrard
He'll slip on his fucking ass
He'll give it to Harrison
Steven Gerrard Gerrard

Was looking up some stats after the match.

After just 3 games (2 starts), Chanot is second to Pirlo in passes per game with 53.7. This is exactly what Vieira brought him in for. We've had to rely on Brillant to work the ball out of the back and Saunders hasn't really had another comfortable outlet back there. Naturally on that list Brillant is third but you have to go to 7th and 10th to find other CBs in Hernandez and Mena.

Mind you this isn't total passes, this is passes per game so it's not like we're looking at an unfair statistic.

If Chanot is gone for this game it's going to be a big blow, especially if the Galaxy press us.

Maybe we should give Midas Mulligan a heart attack and start Mikey against LA with the one purpose of goading both DeJong and Coles into Red Cards. Let that little ball of energy harass the two nonstop to the point that they both aim to kick him like a rumbled, rusty can down the street. I'm sure Lamps has some tasty gossip he can feed Mikey with to say to Coles and antagonizing DeJong shouldn't take more than looking him cross in the eyes and saying Hey Baby!

Maybe we should give Midas Mulligan a heart attack and start Mikey against LA with the one purpose of goading both DeJong and Coles into Red Cards. Let that little ball of energy harass the two nonstop to the point that they both aim to kick him like a rumbled, rusty can down the street. I'm sure Lamps has some tasty gossip he can feed Mikey with to say to Coles and antagonizing DeJong shouldn't take more than looking him cross in the eyes and saying Hey Baby!

Don Garber will certainly be at this game. Steven Gerrard will get a red card within the first 10 minutes and Don Garber will absolutely lose it. No need for Lopez.

Status
Not open for further replies.