Home - 8/4 Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a dumb rule, the rule should be if you miss the game before the all-star game due to injury you don't have the played the all-star game and you can come back for your teams next game. Why would any player want the all-star game to be their first game back from injury? Stupid MLS.

This. I get suspending Zlatan because he played in the game before and is essentially taking the ASG off. But Villa has been out for six games and now you can’t even put him on the bench for a 30 minute runout at home vs Vancouver? MLS expects that he has to fly all the way to the ASG and play on turf to regain fitness?

Bullshit rule. Should only apply to those players who played the game before the ASG and have pulled out. Come on MLS.

Last edited:
ok someone has to clear up something for me. If villa is good to go i read he cant play this game because he "missed" the All star game (even while injured) what kind of bullshit is that? zlatan got suspended one game for not playing the all star game

what kind of shit is that? this is why i despise this shit more and more every year

The silliness of that rule is that he missed the game before the All-Star Game, so why should he ALSO miss this game, as well? Feels like double jeopardy.

Reactions: adam
New York City FC v Vancouver Whitecaps
Yankee Stadium (8PM ET)
REF: José Carlos Rivero
AR1: Brian Poeschel
AR2: Jose Da Silva
4TH: Tim Ford
VAR: Mark Geiger

The only thing I’ll write about Rivero right now is that he was the four official during our Montreal game and I screamed at him for letting and injured Montreal player get back on the field without being waved on by the main referee.

Reactions: Kjbert
New York City FC v Vancouver Whitecaps
Yankee Stadium (8PM ET)
REF: José Carlos Rivero
AR1: Brian Poeschel
AR2: Jose Da Silva
4TH: Tim Ford
VAR: Mark Geiger

The only thing I’ll write about Rivero right now is that he was the four official during our Montreal game and I screamed at him for letting and injured Montreal player get back on the field without being waved on by the main referee.
So he’s already got good reason to dislike us...

We don't even have a roster page for this guy yet. WHO IS THE SLACKER?!?!
Also, now since Callens has plundered any pronunciation I thought I knew, is it:

Cast - ey - yanos
Cast - elle - anos

How is the "LL" supposed to sound?
Depends on the country- but I think because it's Argentina it should actually be closer to "Cast-e-shanos"

Depends on the country- but I think because it's Argentina it should actually be closer to "Cast-e-shanos"
I wrote the post and then remembered there was an interview I hadn't seen, watched the vid (thanks!) and heard that too, sounds more like an "sh" than what I presumed. Language is fucky, but I love it.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Forecast has a slight chance of thunderstorms from 6-10 p.m., and we'll see most of its likelihood earlier in the day. It's going to be really humid with a RealFeel in the mid-low 80s at kickoff. Thankfully the sun will be down. Use extra caution with your beers as they'll be extra slippery from condensation.

Also, is this thickly-bearded Villa on the left?

Djm27yfXsAMTGiZ.jpg:large

Reactions: DeGrozz and adam
Forecast has a slight chance of thunderstorms from 6-10 p.m., and we'll see most of its likelihood earlier in the day. It's going to be really humid with a RealFeel in the mid-low 80s at kickoff. Thankfully the sun will be down. Use extra caution with your beers as they'll be extra slippery from condensation.

giphy.gif

Except Villa

Reactions: Schwallacus

Yes. Also evidenced by his taped up right knee

Reactions: LionNYC and JayH
I mean yeah this is right but it's also kind of like saying we used to have Lahmpud and 'arrison.
Listen, he asked how the "LL" is supposed to be pronounced in this case, so I told him. Besides, Castellanos himself says it this way.
If you meet someone and they say their name is "Jose", would you start calling them "jow-zee"? probably not, you'd stick with what they said themselves.

day-vid vil-luh :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.