Home - 8/4 Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.nycfc.com/post/2018/08/03/injury-report-forward-firepower

Sean Johnson injured his shoulder in training this week. Questionable. Not good.

INJURY REPORT
NYCFC
  • OUT: M - Yangel Herrera (ankle)
  • OUT: D - Cedric Hountondji (hamstring avusion)
  • QUESTIONABLE: GK – Sean Johnson (shoulder)
Vancouver Whitecaps
  • OUT: M – Jordon Mutch (right foot injury)
PLEASE play Caldwell, not Stuver, if Johnson's out... We all remember the frustrations of Stuver against RB...

MATCH DAY!!!!

giphy.gif

PLEASE play Caldwell, not Stuver, if Johnson's out... We all remember the frustrations of Stuver against RB...
Stuver was pretty bad against the RBs but we don't really have a lot of info on Caldwell. As a lifelong Jets fan, after Chad Pennington got hurt, every Jets fan's favorite QB was the third string guy who lit up the scrubs in a meaningless preseason game, but then sucked when they actually got playing time. I

f we had a USL team, this conversation would be a lot more meaningful. Stuver had one bad game, but looked pretty good this preseason so who knows. I don't expect him to be on the team next year, but in a shield race you have to play your best guy and we don't know who that is.

So looks like a rainy morning and then it clears out in the afternoon, but still over 80 degrees at gametime. Steambath.

So looks like a rainy morning and then it clears out in the afternoon, but still over 80 degrees at gametime. Steambath.
Yep. Current NWS forecast has temp of 81 degrees, heat index of 85, 10% chance of precipitation. Clearing skies.

Wonder if we get a hydration break.

It figures I have to miss this attending this match.....

If this is gonna happen, very curious to see who sits for him and how we set up since hypothetically we have all of our forwards available, including My Bloody Valentin! Would be stoked to see both JLew and MBV get good minutes.

The TR should figure out how to work one of their songs for him - it’s a perfect match!

Edit part deux: or maybe better yet, modify Valentine by the Replacements. Better melody.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
It figures I have to miss this attending this match.....

If this is gonna happen, very curious to see who sits for him and how we set up since hypothetically we have all of our forwards available, including My Bloody Valentin! Would be stoked to see both JLew and MBV get good minutes.

The TR should figure out how to work one of their songs for him - it’s a perfect match!

Edit part deux: or maybe better yet, modify Valentine by the Replacements. Better melody.

For the supporters section to attempt a MBV song would mean half of them scream as loud as they can while the others whine his name over and over. Better go with the Replacements.

Seems weird that he couldn’t get a start when we were missing the entire front line, and now that 2/3 are back and healthy, he gets a start?
Who knows?!? Maybe Dome kept him on the bench because he didn’t want his best bench option to be TMac since there’s no rally involved with that kind of sub.

With a full compliment of players available, if the team is down, Dome can call on any of 3-4 for the three subs.

For the supporters section to attempt a MBV song would mean half of them scream as loud as they can while the others whine his name over and over. Better go with the Replacements.
And yet some would argue it’d be more pleasing on the ears than Hey Baby!

Yeah, the Replacements it should be.... but MBV kinda sticks if he turns into a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.