Home - 9/17 Dallas

Yeah, I remember seeing him earlier in the session and then he mysterious disappeared.

The only thing more exasperating than watching our spotty CB play for nearly two years now is being briefly teased by a guy who appears to be of a higher caliber only to have him go down quickly. So frustrating.

I personally vote for Brillant-Mena Saturday, but I guess we'll see.

For what it's worth, the first team back 4 in training on Tuesday while Chanot was missing was Mata - Brillant - Mena - RJ if I recall.
As much as we learned to not expect RJ at right back, I think the insertion of him against NER showed PV the difference that it makes. Not just with the quality at RB, but also frees up Jack Harrison and allows us to attack down the right side.

As much as we learned to not expect RJ at right back, I think the insertion of him against NER showed PV the difference that it makes. Not just with the quality at RB, but also frees up Jack Harrison and allows us to attack down the right side.
But was PV actually watching???

There have been many times this season that Hernandez has had an absolute shitfest of a game, and we all think that's it - he's finally proven he's the biggest liability not named Josh Saunders, and he either starts the next game, or sits one game out and then is back in the lineup. PV definitely has a short memory and/or he believes in 1-game timeouts & then all is forgiven.

But was PV actually watching???

There have been many times this season that Hernandez has had an absolute shitfest of a game, and we all think that's it - he's finally proven he's the biggest liability not named Josh Saunders, and he either starts the next game, or sits one game out and then is back in the lineup. PV definitely has a short memory and/or he believes in 1-game timeouts & then all is forgiven.
This is true, but two reasons to be optimistic:
- I think this was the first time that Vieira actually pulled Hernandez; and
- For many, but admittedly not all, of the Hernandez at RB games, we didn't have both Allen and Matarrita available and I think we've fully established that he doesn't rate Martinez.

So, I'm going to be optimistic because which is more fun in any event. But I wouldn't give good odds on not seeing Hernandez back out there on Saturday, so your point is well taken.

Reactions: JayH and Ulrich
Mena at center back I can just about handle by now. When he doesn't try to think he just stands in the way or clears the ball, but when he does think he runs in the wrong direction or hesitates, or mis kicks the ball. These lapses are covered if we have RJ and Iraola nearby to pick it up, but Hernandez at RB is just such a killer - he's another one of these ones that panics and starts to run towards the ball when it's already too late.

For what it's worth, the first team back 4 in training on Tuesday while Chanot was missing was Mata - Brillant - Mena - RJ if I recall.

I recall Chanot actually on the 2nd team 11 players with Mata--Brillant--Mena--RJ practicing with the 1st team 11 while Chanot was practicing on the beginning.

Reactions: JayH
Hoping some of that Pep magic can rub off on us tonight. Man City only won 4-0 against Bournemouth.

NYCFC at 7, and my Buckeyes at 7:30. Can't decide if I want to try and watch both at the same time, or turn off alerts and wait to watch NYCFC.

Hopefully at least one game will have a happy ending

Pretty much the best possible
CslollaWAAAoZch.jpg
lineup we can expect, with Mata and RJ on the backs.

Ok so let's make this a PBP thread in place of the shoutbox.
Just a couple minutes to kickoff.