Home - February 26 - San Carlos - CCL

Will You Attend The CCL "Home" Match at Red Bull Arena?

• Yes

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Unable Due to Conflict

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gotta be better than paying rent at RBA? Even if it costs more. Yankee stadium is our home. Playing at RBA goes against everything we stand for as the new York City team.

What are the chances this is propaganda to try and effect our mental game?

i personally think yankees dont want to open it up. they want the grass to try and grow or what ever maintenance they do.

propaganda by who? costa rica outlet? maybe? but who is it trying to affect? the fans? the FO damn well knows the situation and what the options are.

Reactions: Sabo and Kjbert
ah, who cares?! let them talk shit all they want - they still hang on the 7-0 scoreline from 4 years ago because they don't have anything else that's more recent - they'll talk shit about this, yet they didn't even make the CCL this year - I just really don't understand the obsession about their fans

at the end of the day its all banter, they are trophyless ( for now) and no MLS team has won the CCL yet. they still stuck with us playing in baseball fields in league play.

MotherFers. Now i truly believe we would have played MLS Cup final at RBA as well. This is just demoralizing.

yes its very much possible. though maybe the push for citi would of been bigger and have them delay their gold tournament. this year ( if it gets to that) there will be a better relationship with citi to move around the events.

i personally think yankees dont want to open it up. they want the grass to try and grow or what ever maintenance they do.

propaganda by who? costa rica outlet? maybe? but who is it trying to affect? the fans? the FO damn well knows the situation and what the options are.

Yes the costs Rican outlet. Who knows? Just conspiracy theory. Lol. Yes, the Fans and players. Playing at your biggest rival's stadium as your home game is not cool. Also, not even having a home to rely on. It's just pouring salt on the open wound.

Yes the costs Rican outlet. Who knows? Just conspiracy theory. Lol. Yes, the Fans and players. Playing at your biggest rival's stadium as your home game is not cool. Also, not even having a home to rely on. It's just pouring salt on the open wound.

i feel like this is true for local teams in costa rica ( all of LATAM this is done). its embarrassing but thats really it, like i mention in other thread, its all for banter really. its not like we got kicked out of tournament

Doesn't matter why we don't play at ys. It will be their reason until we do for a ccl match.

true, but if we go on to next round and play in YS in second round, then its all moot. we just deal with the banter for a couple of weeks.

I don't get how yankees would deny it because of 'grass growing' or whatever since NYCFC anyway play before the yankees season starts...

Reactions: Kjbert
shit, i wasnt going to go even in coney island this will make people not want to go at all....on a weeknight in february.

EDIT: also the team always delays with stuff like this, the CT game was well known for a couple of days i think before it was announced.
Coney Island is the only one of the three I would have gone to, it's different for everyone.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Coney Island is the only one of the three I would have gone to, it's different for everyone.

for me it was the time and the location in winter really. this was summer or spring ish then its different story.

Reactions: joe and Kjbert
Don’t like it. But whatever. I just hope they understand this hurts their “brand” to play outside of New York.

they already played in CT the brand has taken a hit already. its more this round and not a liga mx team where they didnt want to pay big money for a citi or use one of the alloted games at YS

Two possibilities that would make sense.
  1. The Yankees (and Mets) don't want to open up their stadium in February for some reason - maybe because of the grass or because the grounds crew can't be called in to work on it.
  2. There is a really big difference in rental costs between one of the baseball stadiums and Red Bull Arena, and it's not worth opening the big stadiums for a crowd that might not break a few thousand. This seemed to be the obvious issue when we were looking at the Cyclones' stadium (7,000) or St. John's (2,100). But, Red Bull Arena is very much larger than those two (25,000) - just over half the capacity of the baseball stadiums vs. one-seventh or less. It seems a stretch to believe that the rent is so much lower.

Reactions: Kjbert
Two possibilities that would make sense.
  1. The Yankees (and Mets) don't want to open up their stadium in February for some reason - maybe because of the grass or because the grounds crew can't be called in to work on it.
  2. There is a really big difference in rental costs between one of the baseball stadiums and Red Bull Arena, and it's not worth opening the big stadiums for a crowd that might not break a few thousand. This seemed to be the obvious issue when we were looking at the Cyclones' stadium (7,000) or St. John's (2,100). But, Red Bull Arena is very much larger than those two (25,000) - just over half the capacity of the baseball stadiums vs. one-seventh or less. It seems a stretch to believe that the rent is so much lower.

the report in spanish mentioned that the st johns idea was "ridiculous" either they complained or concacaf didnt approve.

also isint RBA technically now owned by harrison not red bulls? i thought i read something that Red bulls pay rent for it now. so it may actually be cheaper, i mean its NJ, probably cheaper thany nyc like other things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.