CCL - February 23 - Santos de Guapiles (Home*)

So, which game draws more fans? The “home” game in LA or last year’s midweek game against FC Dallas at RBA?

I was just looking, and I can't find where tickets are on sale for the game in LA. I'm not convinced they're even selling tickets for that game.

Not that I’m aware of. It’s supposed to be a home match so tickets are being sold to City Members and supporter groups.

OK, so then my point remains. They're selling tickets to members and supporters groups, but not to the general public. Which means there will basically be no one there.

OK, so then my point remains. They're selling tickets to members and supporters groups, but not to the general public. Which means there will basically be no one there.
I don't understand that either. Certainly give priority and/or discounts for members and supporters, but anyone who wants to fly out there or who happens to be local and wants to go should be welcome to do so. There will be no scarcity of seats.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayH
I don't understand that either. Certainly give priority and/or discounts for members and supporters, but anyone who wants to fly out there or who happens to be local and wants to go should be welcome to do so. There will be no scarcity of seats.

Yep. Maybe they will as it gets closer, but two weeks isn't a long time to sell tickets.

Will be the CCL quarter -final played in NYC (Yankee stadium or Citi Field stadium)?
We don't know officially I believe. The assumption is that YS and Citi are no go because they don't meet Concacaf demands.
Red Bull Arena is probably more likely.

Reactions: Kjbert
Santos lost 4-1 on the road to Guadalupe (currently first in the Primera Division). Santos are in last place right now. I can't tell if they played a rotated squad over the weekend.

Reactions: Kjbert and Sabo
I also look at how we are doing compared to the rest of the teams we might face. For the Semifinals and Finals the higher seed (2nd leg at home) is based on record in the 2022 CCL. After the first round of games we are tied for 1st in the tournament with Leon.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ronny confirmed Morales will be available to play tomorrow.

santos will also be getting 7 players back for this game, including their leading goal scorer.

Last edited: