Home - October 23 - Toronto (Eastern Conference Semifinals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know who any of these people are...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
MTA sent out an alert for tonight's game:

Today: LIRR Service to the NYCFC Playoff Game at Citi Field

Port Washington Branch trains will stop at Mets-Willets Point today for the NYCFC Playoff game at Citi Field. Westbound service begins with the 3:41 PM train from Port Washington. Eastbound service begins with the 3:49 PM train from Penn Station To save money, buy rail tickets before boarding the train. Have LIRR ticket ready for presentation upon exiting the train at Mets-Willets Pt. For departure times, pick up a copy of the special Pt Washington Branch timetable dated October 23 or click on link below:

View Online: https://mymtaalerts.com/m?C54E7

Apple wallet worked for me last season but not at all this year. I informed my rep. And got a response that tells me the organization doesn’t care to find out how to make it work.
Has anybody tried displaying the barcode in the app and then screenshotting it into a pic? That way it can be open from an app and not via the account manager? Will that work?

Has anybody tried displaying the barcode in the app and then screenshotting it into a pic? That way it can be open from an app and not via the account manager? Will that work?

Not sure about apple wallet, but google pay will NOT let you screenshot the barcode.

Not sure about apple wallet, but google pay will NOT let you screenshot the barcode.
I’m on an iPhone so I don’t care about google pay, but the question was geared more as a workaround to bypass Apple wallet and just open the pic from the photos app or another document storage location like Notes.

Is there anything about the barcode that requires the official copy, like an unseen digital signature that flashes, or does a pic suffice?

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
I have done that with my iPhone and it's worked for me.

Reactions: Ulrich
I’m on an iPhone so I don’t care about google pay, but the question was geared more as a workaround to bypass Apple wallet and just open the pic from the photos app or another document storage location like Notes.

Is there anything about the barcode that requires the official copy, like an unseen digital signature that flashes, or does a pic suffice?
hmm.. apparently you CAN screenshot the barcode prior to tapping to bring up the more scan friendly white background mode, where it will deny you.
Yes, this is it.

Just make sure when you screenshot it, you do it after the initial barcode shows, and before you tap anywhere else.

If you try to screenshot it after tapping somewhere, the faint "spinning loading wheel" will show and will most likely ruin the scan.

Reactions: Ulrich

I honestly think we are favourites -if Omar and Jozy can play. This B team stuff, whatever. It's MLS and we have the proven studs. Mitrica and Heber blah blah blah - they played in Croatia and Romania! Our better players have massive league, Concacaf, international, and World Cup experience. NYCFC's stars have done nothing in their lives to confirm that they can do anything on this stage. The way to bet it is that they won’t. Also, this contrived home field advantage of theirs will bite them in the ass now. It'll be a cavern with zero atmosphere. They don't know Citi Field and it’s bounces etc any better than we do. I don't think we will lose. If our stars can go, it'll be 3-0 TFC. If they cannot, and it's extra time, that does worry me, just because we will run out of gas.

Heber and Moralez are good, but not top echelon of players in the league. More like next level down. We can definitely win if all our starters can play. Whoever said NYCFC deserve to lose because of that ridiculous pitch was right on.

Status
Not open for further replies.