Home Opener Time-lapse

I paused it a few times when that happened and there was a single machine being driven around that made the grass greener. I've no idea if it was spraying a coloring agent or what but it seemed clear the effect was on the field and not on the video.

Reactions: Kubah
I paused it a few times when that happened and there was a single machine being driven around that made the grass greener. I've no idea if it was spraying a coloring agent or what but it seemed clear the effect was on the field and not on the video.
Well, I did some quick and dirty research and it appears that many/most venues use field paint as a finishing touch on fields to either add uniformity to the tone or color of the field, enhance/change the color for many reasons including for decorative purposes, or even vary the colors of the field as you sometimes see alternating tones (some of that is based upon cut, but also use of tint or paint). This may or may not be accurate, but it's the gist I surmised upon a glance!

Our college team paints the field, and I know a lot of other teams do it too.

Is it literary like a green spray paint or something else?
What they use is the little cart that they use to spray the lines, but they use green paint. I'm thinking it's probably different for a team with a bigger budget.

Don't you guys know the famous story about Pele and his first game in NY?

They were playing and they come off at half-time and Pele takes his cleats off and his feet are green! He thought it was some sort of infection or something and was livid! He tried to quit on the spot but they had to talk him down,tell him its just paint.

As for our grass, well...

ancient-chinese-secret-huh.jpg

Why are there so many lights on in the mezzanine in the middle of the night? Are people buying popcorn? Let's save some electricity and get a 3rd DP

Reactions: BxLio91
In Brazil, for the World Cup, many pitches were painted. If it's ok for the greatest stage of the sport, I'm fine with it.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10