I'm Hopping On A Call Tomorrow With The Director Of Fan Services. Any Questions For Him?

ghobs

Registered
Nov 17, 2014
I voiced my dislike of NYCFC's jerseys and received the following response:

http://imgur.com/jeYfcGC

Is there anything you guys would like me to discuss/ask when I speak with Dan? I want to make the most of this call.

Reactions: JCizzle
ask about NEXT years home jersey colors, like will they be different?

ask about a possible recall for the present jerseys.

ask about the away jerseys for this year

ask about a possible stadium in the boroughs

Be like "idk if i should folliw you guys anymore, whats gonna be different next year?"

Let'em know the reaction to the jersey. How much we really want a stadium in the city that is easy to get to.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I'm sure he'd try to evade this one, but try to get him to say whether the jersey design was a local decision or if it was handed down from City Football Group.

Be like "idk if i should folliw you guys anymore, whats gonna be different next year?"

Hard to know what's going to be different next year when we still no idea what anything will be like this year.

Third Rail paid to have banners made from a company in the city, who, couldn't produce and was giving everyone the run around. NYCFC went ahead and made banners for them when told they wouldn't have any in time for the event. TR are in the process of paying the club back.

Third Rail paid to have banners made from a company in the city, who, couldn't produce and was giving everyone the run around. NYCFC went ahead and made banners for them when told they wouldn't have any in time for the event. TR are in the process of paying the club back.

Interesting, but then why did they create fake ones?

I voiced my dislike of NYCFC's jerseys and received the following response:

http://imgur.com/jeYfcGC

Is there anything you guys would like me to discuss/ask when I speak with Dan? I want to make the most of this call.
What exactly is your beef with the shirt? It's blue, it's not a surprise. Deal and move on. You don't own the club. Not one "supporter" owns any part of the club. They don't have to do what you tell them. NYCFC is but 1 part of a larger global group. Do you hate the Jets because they play in green, not orange? Slap in the face? I'll tell you what a slap in the face is, a company spending upwards of $100M to bring NYC a football club, only to have "supporters" whining because they can't reconcile the fact they support a City product while cheering on the rags, arse & liverpool. May I suggest that fans of other PL clubs wait until your beloved club purchase an MLS club so you can feel good wearing their kit. You support NYCFC. We wear blue. We always will. DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE ON.
This is the ultimate example of throwing your toys out of your pram.

I'd ask him how much control the club had over the jerseys as compared to Adidas. If you could get some specifics on the decision making process between Adidas and NYCFC over this jersey, I'd be interested. Did Adidas issue NYCFC a template NYCFC had to work with? Did Adidas propose several design choices?

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
I'd ask him how much control the club had over the jerseys as compared to Adidas. If you could get some specifics on the decision making process between Adidas and NYCFC over this jersey, I'd be interested. Did Adidas issue NYCFC a template NYCFC had to work with? Did Adidas propose several design choices?

With any design process the agency (Adidas) always presents options to the client (NYCFC). Are you suggesting that Adidas overruled NYCFC in this process? That's just absurd. The only logical mandate Adidas can make, and which is probably stated in the contract with MLS, is that all kits have the Adidas stripes and logo. Other than that, I would wager that NYCFC has final say on the design of their jerseys.

With any design process the agency (Adidas) always presents options to the client (NYCFC). Are you suggesting that Adidas overruled NYCFC in this process? That's just absurd. The only logical mandate Adidas can make, and which is probably stated in the contract with MLS, is that all kits have the Adidas stripes and logo. Other than that, I would wager that NYCFC has final say on the design of their jerseys.

I'm sure NYCFC had final say over which choice they went with. The process of how the possible choices came about is what I'm interested in. Did Adidas simply come up with a number of options for NYCFC? Did NYCFC send ideas? There are a number of ways the process reasonably could have occurred; I'm curious how it actually did.