Inferiority Complex

Why Always Ste

Registered
Mar 20, 2014
Madchester (Kippax Corner)
Typically demonstrated throughout this message forum.

Little Brother (NYCFC) of a successful Bigger Brother (MCFC), fears for his own identity, completely rejects everything that everyone associates with his Bigger Brother (MCFC)

if you didn't have any issues you wouldn't care about what other people/journalists said about your club (NYCFC) and you would support your club Win, Lose and Draw through all struggles and possible achievements.

Seem like you have few fairweather supporters here who just want to tag along, and don't want to have any MCFC association.

I'm firstly a MCFC Supporter, and I've followed my club in the dark days of lower leagues and will continue to support my club.
I was planning to support this new project (NYCFC) but many of their supporters seem to have these issues with my club and don't want to be affiliated with it.
I'm putting it down to an inferiority complex but who knows?

Many of you don't want Blues around, fine... guess we won't support your club either.

Little Brother (NYCFC) of a successful Bigger Brother (MCFC), fears for his own identity, completely rejects everything that everyone associates with his Bigger Brother (MCFC)

if you didn't have any issues you wouldn't care about what other people/journalists said about your club (NYCFC) and you would support your club Win, Lose and Draw through all struggles and possible achievements.

Seem like you have few fairweather supporters here who just want to tag along, and don't want to have any MCFC association.

I'm firstly a MCFC Supporter, and I've followed my club in the dark days of lower leagues and will continue to support my club.
I was planning to support this new project (NYCFC) but many of their supporters seem to have these issues with my club and don't want to be affiliated with it.

Many of you don't want Blues around, fine... guess we won't support your club either.

It's something that does run through MLS as a whole. I want NYCFC to look like NYC. Man City has its look and it's fine, but I did want us to not look team. The inferiority complex is not wanting to be chivas USA. I can tell we wont be, but I believe that having a different jersey was something everyone wanted.

It's true to an extent. You have to realize this isn't england and the culture here isn't embedded in everyone from birth. People want to build their own team and culture here they don't want it force fed down their throats. That's all it really comes down to. I mean Melbourne made it pretty clear that they wanted to keep their colors and they made enough noise that they were able to (to an extent). You'd feel the same exact way if MCFC Was sold to Emirates and they suddenly wanted to bring the color red in.
We had a chance to start something new here and develop our own image and culutute and those that were born and raised here feel that the team blew it and to hate on them for that is selfish.

Gotta say, I agree with this. It's really concerning me that a large part of the fan base is thinking about not supporting the team because of a jersey.

Again with the fan loyalty silliness. Why in the world are we fans - including season ticket holders who have given the club our $$-- and so far received NOTHING IN RETURN,* required to show loyalty to, not just this team, but to some team in another country? I don't have any loyalty even to NYCFC. Hell, I don't have loyalty to the teams I've been following for 45 years. I've stayed with them, but if they pissed me off enough I'd drop them and I have certainly criticized them over the decades when they deserve it. I've just about given up on baseball entirely and it was my favorite sport for 35 years.

What has NYCFC done for me? They haven't played one game. They haven't won one game. They haven't lost one game. They haven't shown any heart, and to be fair they haven't choked. They haven't started yet. Today they put on an event that at best could be characterized as middling, and that's generous. Good times/ bad times? There have not been any times. And even if there have been -- I owe the team nothing. I pay them money. That's enough. Fan loyalty is a suckers game. And I'm not going to be badgered or shamed into not criticizing a company that takes my money when it disappoints me.

All I wanted today was a kit to call our own. If MCFC respected us, we'd have it, and not get saddled with hand-me-downs. Despite the line in my new signature, I don't hate MCFC either. But our MCFC ownership disappointed me today, so I'm throwing around a little silly trash talk. Boo hoo.

* Yes I realize the season starts next year and I don't expect to get anything in return, specifically the ability to attend a game, until then. ;)

I'm not a MCFC fan in any way, shape or form. I'm not in any way, shape or form, mad that the home jersey looks like MCFC. I've grown up in this city and this is my club. Easy as that. This was sort of the first test of who will stay and who will go. The "city blue" is unique to our league and that's good with me. Really don't see all the fuss over color.

Seems like you have hit the nail on the head here. The hysteria surrounding the MCFC affiliation is certainly a product of an inferiorority complex that runs deep throughout US soccer. I like to look at it from a more positive perspective. CFG sees the potential here and wants to be part of it, they see that the MLS can and will be a top league and they are making sure they dont miss the boat. Rather than this being a entity that somehow serves the MCFC mothership, i think it is an entity that in time can be on equal or greater ground than MCFC

I think people need to step back and realize without CFG there is no NYCFC. I'd also step away from the ledge and wait to see the other kits before we have a rampage over the MCFC look a like home kit. This should've been expected to be honest. I would've loved to have seen some orange trim or piping in the kit but hey, this is my club, and that's that. It has been pretty damn transparent the whole way through we are part of CFG, so we can't get upset now, can we?

Its more of a fear of being Chivas USA #2 than an inferiority complex. I don't have feelings either way regarding MCFC, but I did just watch LA2 fold, and I don't want to see that happen here. One of the reasons many people think that Chivas failed is that they were too closely tied to the Mexican team. That link did not bring enough excitement to offset the fact that they were a minor league team, in essence.

This unimaginative copy of a jersey has made many people step back, and look at all the moves that have happened with the club so far- The stadium, the training grounds- and question what we are supporting blindly. If the product on the field blows, this club is going to have a hard time getting support. And who wants to spend money on something that will be gone in a few years.

Who are you people? I can only imagine that you are all living in Manchester or some kind of MLS novice or snob who is now a fan or a NYCFC employee. What NYCFC did yesterday was unacceptable, unacceptable to many many people. It's now on them to make it right and show us that Reyna and Kreis are in charge, that this isn't MC using MLS as a farm league or FFP loophole, that they aren't signing Lampard without telling the coach. Sure we all were giving them the benefit of the doubt but yesterday they betrayed that trust.

quick question: all those bitching about their precious orange, how outraged are you at the lack of orange in the Rangers, Giants, Jets & Yankees uniforms? Tell me what GREEN has to do with NY?

Who are you people? I can only imagine that you are all living in Manchester or some kind of MLS novice or snob who is now a fan or a NYCFC employee. What NYCFC did yesterday was unacceptable, unacceptable to many many people. It's now on them to make it right and show us that Reyna and Kreis are in charge, that this isn't MC using MLS as a farm league or FFP loophole, that they aren't signing Lampard without telling the coach. Sure we all were giving them the benefit of the doubt but yesterday they betrayed that trust.
A large number of posters here are British MCFC fans, who tangentially have an interest in NYCFC. Now, of course we welcome these fans. Except that some of them are so not empathetic that they can't fathom the views of actual NY fans on many issues.

Now, I am sure that many England based fans are understanding and respectful, and some NY based fans are part of the attack on people who care about the jersey being identical to MCFC.

But I am willing to bet that the majority of people telling us we have to right to care are not actually from NY.

unacceptable how? Because they didn't consult with the Third Rail before designing a kit that they have the right to design however the hell they want? Did you reach into your pockets & produce $100M to have a club in NYC? Make it right? I think they'll do that with their on the pitch success. You mention Lampard, let's throw Villa in there too. You think Jason Kreis couldn't pulled off those signings by himself? Some of you need to get a grip. It's a goddamn shirt, designed for a club who is one part of a bigger picture. DEAL WITH IT