Inferiority Complex

Taking the lead from the "NYC is the God of cities" & we hate anything to do with ownership (except their deep pockets of course) crowd
Thanks for that completely non-condescending or confrontational response to my question.

*For the record, now I am being condescending, but you asked for it.*

I'll work on being more positive when I see more positivity. We're supposed to be in this #together That is a tenent of City supporters. I look forward to more of those days with you.

I think there are perfectly good reasons people to be disappointed with the kit design in terms of details, but this last bit I completely agree with.

I think there are perfectly good reasons people to be disappointed with the kit design in terms of details, but this last bit I completely agree with.

And for as disappointed as you and others may be I am as equally or even more so excited and happy about this. It's one step closer to being on the pitch. We all knew they'd come with sky blue. It's who City are. I honestly think there would be people crying no matter what NYCFC did because people could say, oh look, they're pandering to the masses or it's just marketing a scheme.

They came right at us like they have with everything else. No mystery. No deceit. Everyone got excited about mockups which I'll admit were awesome in a lot of cases but the club never put those out. It's year one of a brand new thing that has zero identity. Let's step off the gas a little bit here and relax. I'm not pointing that solely at you or anyone in particular.

Can't we start to get excited that we're one step closer to actually playing and let this shirt issue go?

Thanks for that completely non-condescending or confrontational response to my question.

I don't give a shit if you are or not. A strangers belittling on a forum isn't going to ruffle my feathers. Now, based on your avatar, I'm sure you are having a hard time supporting a CITY product. Tough shit. It IS a City product. Either support NYCFC in full or find another club. Oh and BTW, we'll be back for Ross Barkley come summer.

I don't give a shit if you are or not. A strangers belittling on a forum isn't going to ruffle my feathers. Now, based on your avatar, I'm sure you are having a hard time supporting a CITY product. Tough shit. It IS a City product. Either support NYCFC in full or find another club. Oh and BTW, we'll be back for Ross Barkley come summer.

You're a fucking gem.
bro-you-lookin-madd-salty-.jpg

Ignore Grandoslo. He's the greatest thing to happen to this forum and we are inferior to his thinking and thus can't comprehend what he says. In fact he is correct and we shouldn't so much as share an opinion with him.
The same guy that got pissed I closed threads that escalated to far last time around made a post on the FB page moaning about people disagreeing with him. Just go away.

Ignore Grandoslo. He's the greatest thing to happen to this forum and we are inferior to his thinking and thus can't comprehend what he says. In fact he is correct and we shouldn't so much as share an opinion with him.
The same guy that got pissed I closed threads that escalated to far last time around made a post on the FB page moaning about people disagreeing with him. Just go away.

Wow, I am humbled and sincerely flattered.
Thank you Dan.
NYCFCTID
CTID

Last edited:
Typically demonstrated throughout this message forum.

Little Brother (NYCFC) of a successful Bigger Brother (MCFC), fears for his own identity, completely rejects everything that everyone associates with his Bigger Brother (MCFC)

if you didn't have any issues you wouldn't care about what other people/journalists said about your club (NYCFC) and you would support your club Win, Lose and Draw through all struggles and possible achievements.

Seem like you have few fairweather supporters here who just want to tag along, and don't want to have any MCFC association.

I'm firstly a MCFC Supporter, and I've followed my club in the dark days of lower leagues and will continue to support my club.
I was planning to support this new project (NYCFC) but many of their supporters seem to have these issues with my club and don't want to be affiliated with it.
I'm putting it down to an inferiority complex but who knows?

Many of you don't want Blues around, fine... guess we won't support your club either.
Go away.

I think people need to step back and realize without CFG there is no NYCFC. I'd also step away from the ledge and wait to see the other kits before we have a rampage over the MCFC look a like home kit. This should've been expected to be honest. I would've loved to have seen some orange trim or piping in the kit but hey, this is my club, and that's that. It has been pretty damn transparent the whole way through we are part of CFG, so we can't get upset now, can we?
False false false. You City fans didn't invent footy. And you didn't create MLS. THERE WOULD BE AN NYC CLUB WHETHER CFG BOUGHT IN OR NOT. I'm fucking sick of seeing this bullshit falsehood repeated over and over.

Taking the lead from the "NYC is the God of cities" & we hate anything to do with ownership (except their deep pockets of course) crowd
You know many of your posts make you come off like a real prick, right? I'm not calling you a prick, even though your posts reflect a prickish tone because calling out pricks as pricks would be a violation of the forum rules. But it might help the board's perception of you if you maybe posted one thing from the perspective of an NYCFC fan first, instead of some prickish NYC as a hobby manc. I am sure you're not a prick IRL, so I'd like to kindly suggest you not post such prickish bullshit constantly.

Tl;dr: don't be such a massive prick all the time.

Last edited:
False false false. You City fans didn't invent footy. And you didn't create MLS. THERE WOULD BE AN NYC CLUB WHETHER CFG BOUGHT IN OR NOT. I'm fucking sick of seeing this bullshit falsehood repeated over and over.

But CFG did buy in, and they will be successful - that's what you want, right? Only a part of that deal means CFG branding and sky blue shirts, so fucking what? It's not like you're a 100 year old club who always wore red and CFG are changing that tradition is it? Get over it!
As for City fans not inventing footy, of course we didn't but our owners have a huge stake in your club too - that kind of links us whether you like it or not. The view from across the water is that a lot of City fans are interested in what's going on here, we don't really see NYCFC as an extension of MCFC but yeah there's an interest and we hope it goes well.

I'm struggling to understand the angst about the MCFC link and the sky blue shirts, so help me out here. Are some of you British ex-pats with ties to other British clubs already (I notice the Everton avatar for instance) or do you guys already follow other British clubs and so see MCFC as the enemy? Serious question, I'm just interested in where you guys are coming from.

I am not a City fan. Not in the least bit. Im a Napoli supporter, and an NYCFC supporter. Im just stating the facts as it pretains to this club. If you honestly thought there wasnt going to be heavy CFG branding with this club, I dont know what to tell you. But Caps lock and putting words in my mouth surely does no good.

I love the idea that this team would somehow exist without CFG. Guess what. This team exists right now because of their investment. You can't get around that. Cry all you want about it. CFG did it.

But CFG did buy in, and they will be successful - that's what you want, right? Only a part of that deal means CFG branding and sky blue shirts, so fucking what? It's not like you're a 100 year old club who always wore red and CFG are changing that tradition is it? Get over it!
As for City fans not inventing footy, of course we didn't but our owners have a huge stake in your club too - that kind of links us whether you like it or not. The view from across the water is that a lot of City fans are interested in what's going on here, we don't really see NYCFC as an extension of MCFC but yeah there's an interest and we hope it goes well.

I'm struggling to understand the angst about the MCFC link and the sky blue shirts, so help me out here. Are some of you British ex-pats with ties to other British clubs already (I notice the Everton avatar for instance) or do you guys already follow other British clubs and so see MCFC as the enemy? Serious question, I'm just interested in where you guys are coming from.
No angst over them owning the team. I think it will likely be good for the on-field product. Great, even.

I just think the event and kit are lazy and tone deaf to the supporter base here in NYC.

Why would we keep Barkley warm for the US? He plays for England and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have dual citizenship. What a strange suggestion...
I said us, not THE US. Us, as in City. As in he'll be a City player next season. Not sure how clearer I can be

I really love these forums. Everyone is so accepting of other views and opinions. It's great how everyone is so nice to each other!

I said us, not THE US. Us, as in City. As in he'll be a City player next season. Not sure how clearer I can be

Ross Barkley is coming to NYCFC? How strange. I really think he has a much brighter future if he stays in the EPL. Wouldn't mind getting to see him play up close and personal like though. Hmm...

Reactions: DiRoma