Jason Kreis On Soccer Morning This Morning

Trone

Registered
Apr 25, 2014
link for live show

Edit:
Forward to around 32:15 for the start of the Interview!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Great hearing from Jason even though he's in Rome. Stated that David Villa will go on loan after the World Cup and he will not go to Manchester City. He's planning on building a team that will play high possession, high pressure, attacking style football.

Hinted at getting a US international through allocation order if they get #1 status....Mix?

Reactions: Vito
Hinted at getting a US international through allocation order if they get #1 status....Mix?
Sure sounded like Mix to me, Mix has the perfect playing style for NYCFC's plans, more so than any other available USMNT, great to see they would bring him back as a non DP, maybe pay him in the $300K-$400K range. Mix plus three DP's is a great start

So we have Villa as a DP. Might have Mix as a not DP and there are rumors Lampard is not a DP. I'm assuming that at least one of Mix or Lampard has to be a DP but for fantasy's sake the notion that we could have Villa, Lampard, and Mix with two DP spots + whatever MCFC Academy folk would make for an insanely strong team.

Reactions: Vito
So we have Villa as a DP. Might have Mix as a not DP and there are rumors Lampard is not a DP. I'm assuming that at least one of Mix or Lampard has to be a DP but for fantasy's sake the notion that we could have Villa, Lampard, and Mix with two DP spots + whatever MCFC Academy folk would make for an insanely strong team.

I think that would be to good to be true.. :)

I think that would be to good to be true.. :)
Even if Lampard or Mix (Diskerud) are a DP it's would still leave for a very strong starting squad. Mixed with some of the youth from MCFC (hopefully some like Devante Cole or Jordi Hiwula) and everything looks very promise.

The future is blue, white and orange!

Mix could still be a DP player even if he's in the allocation. Only specially designated DP players are exempt.

Reactions: Kjbert
Even if Lampard or Mix (Diskerud) are a DP it's would still leave for a very strong starting squad. Mixed with some of the youth from MCFC (hopefully some like Devante Cole or Jordi Hiwula) and everything looks very promise.

The future is blue, white and orange!
I dont see lampard being a non-dp but my thought process is Mix can be had for say $500K which would be more than DP salary hit but not far over it enough to us the DP spot. I am counting a higher cap this year around $4M and even if we get mix for say $500K plus three DP's thats only about $1.6M which leaves $2.4M for the remaining 16 players which is plenty , avg of $150K per player. We are a bit behind the 8 ball with no homegrown players prospects for many years to come and no allocation money to buy down the DP cap hits. Hopefully MLS gives us some sort of cap benefit until our academy is more established. As a bit of a front office nerd, I cant wait until we start getting some CBA information

Can you explain this? I always thought that DP's skipped the allocation
MLS will do what it wants to get ahead. They want the allocation order but they also want guys like Henry and Villa and those guys will only play for specific clubs.

So the middle ground is that the league can essentially exempt some players from the allocation order if they deem it necessary. If the league feels like they can do without you, into the allocation order you go.

Surprisingly, the league must deem Mix non-essential.

MLS will do what it wants to get ahead. They want the allocation order but they also want guys like Henry and Villa and those guys will only play for specific clubs.

So the middle ground is that the league can essentially exempt some players from the allocation order if they deem it necessary. If the league feels like they can do without you, into the allocation order you go.

It depends on what happens in the World Cup. If he's nets the game winner in the 93rd minute to upend Ghana, he becomes essential

Wow MLS has some vague rules. My thought when Kreis said that was that Mix would be non-DP because his salary would prob above the $387K but not exceed it by enough to warranty DP. I would think they plan on using DP's for players earning well into the millions and just take the cap hit for a guy like Mix, we shall see. I dont doubt your information at all as it is pretty consistent with the MLS make it up as you go rules. Just hoping my scenario plays out. Thanks for responding