Jason Kreis

perhaps, but i feel like i cant fully put blame just yet. Our players are just extra players ( minus DP's) that other teams didnt want. Others are young and still need to develop. Also injuries have not helped.

It was pretty obvious that expansions are gonna be tough to build right off the bat. Id wait till next season to fully see if he is going in the right direction.

My guess is he's like the rest of us, wondering why they can dominate possession for so long but be unable to finish, and why it seems like we can only play well for 60-70 minutes tops (sometimes at the beginning of the match and sometimes at the end). I think he's surprised that it was easy to teach the team the basics of his system, but it's taking so long for it to really click and start producing results.

He is VERY conservative, and for that I do blame him. It took him forever to start Shelton, and it is taking forever to get Poku in there. Last night made absolutely no sense not to start Poku with Jacobson out. To blame defensive weakness on his lack of starting when grabavoy and ballouchy have not made a significant tackle that I can remember all year is head shaking. And you had an entire year to build a team and pick your players and you brought in zero left backs? While Calle has been great there, the plan seemed to be to go with Brovsky out of position there.

Reactions: Gavin23
He is VERY conservative, and for that I do blame him. It took him forever to start Shelton, and it is taking forever to get Poku in there. Last night made absolutely no sense not to start Poku with Jacobson out. To blame defensive weakness on his lack of starting when grabavoy and ballouchy have not made a significant tackle that I can remember all year is head shaking. And you had an entire year to build a team and pick your players and you brought in zero left backs? While Calle has been great there, the plan seemed to be to go with Brovsky out of position there.
Maybe Poku isn't ready to play 70+ minutes

The biggest issue I have with Kreis is that he just sits on the bench during the game. He's not up and directing the players. I think I saw him get up once last night, and he wasn't saying anything to the players. You see most coaches for other teams, especially in Europe, always standing and shouting. I'm a big Napoli supporter, and Rafa Benitez is always up and giving instructions. I see the coach as a orchestra conductor during a game. It's a dance that he needs to direct.

The biggest issue I have with Kreis is that he just sits on the bench during the game. He's not up and directing the players. I think I saw him get up once last night, and he wasn't saying anything to the players. You see most coaches for other teams, especially in Europe, always standing and shouting. I'm a big Napoli supporter, and Rafa Benitez is always up and giving instructions. I see the coach as a orchestra conductor during a game. It's a dance that he needs to direct.

i always thought that was his style, at least any time i saw him. I dont know in his RSL days if he was the same.

also different managers manage differently so wanting him to manage a certain way is only wishful thinking if that is not what they do.

The commentators last night did mention that they heard from Kries that he doesn't think Poku can go a full 90 yet.

Reactions: LostAnvil
i always thought that was his style, at least any time i saw him. I dont know in his RSL days if he was the same.

also different managers manage differently so wanting him to manage a certain way is only wishful thinking if that is not what they do.

Sure, but from what I've seen a large majority of managers are up and directing the players. I mean, you see this in almost any sport. Coaches can't just field the team and sit there as a spectator.

Sure, but from what I've seen a large majority of managers are up and directing the players. I mean, you see this in almost any sport. Coaches can't just field the team and sit there as a spectator.
True. I remember hearing that LVG doesn't do this and he received some criticism from United fans for it.

"I guess I didn’t realize it would be this difficult. Maybe I forgot how hard it is to build a team in this league and have success on a continuous basis, a consistent basis ".

KREIS, NYCFC LOOKING TO PUSH PAST “SLEEPLESS NIGHTS” FOLLOWING EARLY-SEASON STRUGGLES
http://www.sbisoccer.com/2015/05/sleepless-following-struggles.html

Hmmm. Seems like he has under prepared.
The difference is that from a roster-building standpoint, being totally frank, Reyna can't hold Garth Lagerway's jockstrap.

Kreis wasn't underprepared. It's just that he doesn't have Lagerway feeding him great talent anymore like he did at RSL. It's a new system, and the front office is a bit of an issue.

I mean no disrespect to Reyna - Lagerway's the best executive in MLS.

It's so early, and this team is starting from scratch. Have patience. There was no reasonable expectation that NYCFC would compete for a trophy this year. Nine games is a tiny sample size and not nearly enough time to get a brand new team in full stride.

And record/point total aside it's hardly been a bad start. Yesterday was the first game they lost by more than one goal, and the opponent was one of the league's best teams. Seattle is much better than New York, there's no argument about that. They're an established, polished power and New York is a weird collection of spare parts slapped together on the fly.

Other than that they've been in basically every game. Again, the W/L results aren't what anyone wants to see but try to keep the big picture in mind. I'd understand the panic if they were getting blown out week after week but that's not the case. 1-0 loss here, 2-1 there; it's frustrating but hardly reason to question the direction of the team.

It's tough being an expansion team in any sport. Expansion teams are bad. NYCFC had the honor of competing with Orlando for players off the MLS scrap heap, it would be an indictment of the league if they were wildly successful this season. Yes, it's fair to expect a slightly better record but you have to be realistic. Give Kreis some time to figure this team out, it's going to take months, not weeks. In reality it'll probably take more than one full season. It's a process, he's the right guy to oversee it.

I am a great Napoli fan and I can say that Benitez is a overpriced coach, even if ( and I hope that.......... ) he will win the Europe League. I see Kreis stressed out as Inzaghi and I hope that he will not become as him ( many young hairs in few months ) !!!!

Reactions: Traction Engine

I like Grabavoy's energy, but Dempsey's goal came because Grabavoy was rolling around at midfield trying to pick up a foul. Defense definitely not the priority for him.

Reactions: Tim Sanchez
I find this Kreis quote from the Empire of Soccer article to be reassuring.

“I think we certainly will look to improve, but I think it’s one of the things that really keeps me up at night, because I think these fans deserve a little bit more and a little bit better, and I’d like to be able to give that to them right now,” he said. “Hopefully they will stay patient as I will try to, and we’ll look to continue to improve.”

I don't get why Kreis gets so much credit for RSL's success. To me, the GM is the one who assembles the team. I think the person who was GM during that time at RSL is the real genius. A coach can only do so much.

Reyna is still a ? He could be a genius, too early to tell, but I hope he starts pulling in some quality players soon.

This is my first year following MLS, so I'm not familiar on when and where teams can sign players. I assume the upcoming transfer market for the rest of the world is still open to MLS?