Jason Kries to Orlando

Wonder if he knew they were moving Larin prior to taking the job.
Is it a foregone conclusion that Larin is leaving? Me personally I dont think Larin will be successful overseas. His game is perfectly suited for MLS. Overseas with faster defenders that are much better in the air, I think he will be back sooner then later.

Is it a foregone conclusion that Larin is leaving? Me personally I dont think Larin will be successful overseas. His game is perfectly suited for MLS. Overseas with faster defenders that are much better in the air, I think he will be back sooner then later.

Larin has one more season left in MLS imho. OC will be able to get the full 2/3s amount of his tranfer fee after next season. He owes it to himself to go to a club that will help hin develop ad a player.

Reactions: adam
I wonder if Lagerwey didn't want Kreis. I mean, it doesn't make sense to fire the coach so soon to Kreis being employed by Orlando if you really wanted Kreis for Sounders.

Alternatively, Kreis wants to get out from his shadow, maybe?

I wonder if Lagerwey didn't want Kreis. I mean, it doesn't make sense to fire the coach so soon to Kreis being employed by Orlando if you really wanted Kreis for Sounders.

Neither has had any success apart from each other so far. It wouldn't surprise me if they want to stay apart so they can try and succeed apart and prove themselves individually. On the interwebs, and probably inside the industry as well, people are criticizing Kreis' success at RSL saying it was all Lagerway. At the same time, people are criticizing Lagerway saying that Kreis made him look good.
I'm sure Kreis had some insight into the pending availability of the Seattle job, and i'm sure Lagerway knew Kreis would not be on the market much longer. They both probably said "no thanks" to each other, or at least one did. Basically, if Lagerway wanted Kreis, and Kreis wanted Seattle, he either would not have taken the Orlando job, or Sigi would have been fired a bit sooner before Heath.

Iv heard some rumors that Kreis and Lagerway sometimes didn't see eye to eye. Not sure how accurate that is but just throwing that out there.

With 11 games in hand (1/3 of an entire season), Vieira has now drawn level with Kreis in Wins at FC.

Have fun in Orlando with that dumpster fire - we don't miss you one bit !!!

Orlando is on a three game loosing streak, right on queue Jason is throwing the players under the bus. The lack of leadership comments at 2:45 seem particularly brutal. How do you say that about a team with Kaka who has by accounts been an outstanding face of the club both on and off the pitch. I will take PVs consistent optimism even during our early season streak of poor performances over this kind of reaction any day.

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2016/09/24/jason-kreis-well-continue-work?autoplay=true

Orlando is on a three game loosing streak, right on queue Jason is throwing the players under the bus. The lack of leadership comments at 2:45 seem particularly brutal. How do you say that about a team with Kaka who has by accounts been an outstanding face of the club both on and off the pitch. I will take PVs consistent optimism even during our early season streak of poor performances over this kind of reaction any day.

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2016/09/24/jason-kreis-well-continue-work?autoplay=true
Since JK took over Orlando, their record is 3-5-2 for 11of30 pts. Before Kreis, they were 4-5-11 for 23of60 Pts. So Kreis has earned 36.6% of possible points vs 38.3%. It's a bit skewed because while Kreis is winning a few more games now (30% vs 20%), he's losing at a faster rate (50% vs 25%). Ties are (20% vs 55%). But with a 3 game losing streak, which is a 1st for them this season, and losing 4 of the last 6 (33% of pts), he's got them going in the wrong direction. They next play Toronto, Montreal, Philly, DC - all teams fighting for playoff position. This could get ugly really fast.

edit- changed the percentage in bold.... bad math & had it too low

Last edited:
Maybe Kries can get tossed before Orlando scores and wins.?.?.?

And Kries just made a sub 39 min in with no injuries, just tactical..... that's a bad starting lineup....

Red card!!!!!!! Come on O

In all seriousness, I was really disappointed with Orlando's play the last 10 minutes or so. They clearly backed off the attack. Toronto were keeping all 9 guys behind the ball, and Orlando stopped moving numbers forward because they were afraid of the counter. I get it, but that is certainly no way to play if you desperately need 3 points.