Kreis interview on Win!

LeeNYCFC

Registered
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 28, 2015
Melbourne
Interesting read

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/04/19/jason-kreis-win-nycfc-documentary-tribeca-film-festival/

There is a section in the film when Reyna suggests that you were being too hard on yourself. He said in a private conversation you told him that the team results were your fault. You really felt that way?

Kreis: “I’m someone who takes an extremely large responsibility for what is going on. I did as a player, too. I took a lot of the responsibility for the failures of the team coming together as quickly as we all had wanted to. But it seemed like I was certainly the only one. I did feel I was a little bit on an island.”

Shame as I liked Kreis, I feel that if Vieira wasn't part of the CFG group we could of still had Kreis in charge of the team, feel like they didn't give him a chance, however Vieira us a upgrade as the football has been better

Reactions: Christopher Jee
He's sympathetic until you remember he played grabavoy over poku all year, and said wingert was the kind of player you build a team around. He wouldn't have changed anything in the preseason and we'd be worse. Good riddance
He may have changed something by letting Grabavoy play every minute..... but yes, your point is well taken and true.

He's sympathetic until you remember he played grabavoy over poku all year, and said wingert was the kind of player you build a team around. He wouldn't have changed anything in the preseason and we'd be worse. Good riddance
After today, I'm convinced Poku is better off the bench. Kreis was right and PV agrees and now I agree, Poku isn't a full game player.

He brings a great spark off the bench most games and maybe we shouldn't look at that as such a negative and just embrace him as a closer?

After today, I'm convinced Poku is better off the bench. Kreis was right and PV agrees and now I agree, Poku isn't a full game player.

He brings a great spark off the bench most games and maybe we shouldn't look at that as such a negative and just embrace him as a closer?
I'm beginning to think he should be a CEnter Forward at the end of a game. Players can't take the ball from him when he sets his stance and he's able to turn with it 2 out of 3 times (making up that stat, but it's a majority whatever the number) which would be perfect in front of the net. Wouldn't have to play defense and just needs to work the space in and around the box either taking the shot or dishing off as the defenders collapse.

I'm beginning to think he should be a CEnter Forward at the end of a game. Players can't take the ball from him when he sets his stance and he's able to turn with it 2 out of 3 times (making up that stat, but it's a majority whatever the number) which would be perfect in front of the net. Wouldn't have to play defense and just needs to work the space in and around the box either taking the shot or dishing off as the defenders collapse.

He only got to make that turn once yesterday that I recall, but it was easily his best moment of the game.

I don't think Poku has the skill set to play in the midfield in a 4-3-3. If we are committed to that formation - and while I'm not sure we should be, it appears that we are - CF may well be his best position for us. I hope we get to see it at least once.

Reactions: sbrylski
You know what? I'm gunna waffle.

Maybe Poku hasn't been given enough consistent starts to determine if he's just a super-sub?

You know what? I'm gunna waffle.

Maybe Poku hasn't been given enough consistent starts to determine if he's just a super-sub?
I think if you give him 10 starts you'll have at least 5 where you love him. He'll bowl over defenders and play as the man amongst boys we know he can be. He'll generate opportunities for himself and others.

But you'll also have at least 5 where, if you are demanding defensive effort, you'll hate on him. He'll trail the play. He'll jog back. His man, because he will have lots of time and space, will open up the play that results in a score.

So either start him and take that as a package OR use him as a super-sub OR play him as a striker.

I think if you give him 10 starts you'll have at least 5 where you love him. He'll bowl over defenders and play as the man amongst boys we know he can be. He'll generate opportunities for himself and others.

But you'll also have at least 5 where, if you are demanding defensive effort, you'll hate on him. He'll trail the play. He'll jog back. His man, because he will have lots of time and space, will open up the play that results in a score.

So either start him and take that as a package OR use him as a super-sub OR play him as a striker.
Not sure which skills he has that makes anyone think he is a midfielder. He dribbles, he scores, but he plays no defense and is not a particularly creative passer. No question he should be a forward

Not sure which skills he has that makes anyone think he is a midfielder. He dribbles, he scores, but he plays no defense and is not a particularly creative passer. No question he should be a forward
I agree except for the passing. He may lack certain creative passing skills. But he is the only player other than pirlo who effectively switches fields. I swear anytime we have a player wide open on the opposite side he's useless if Poku isn't in the game. So instead we either lose the ball from covered dribbling or passing or we back pass and start over. Poku on the other hand frequently finds the cross field pass that moves the team downfield and forces the defense to chase.

#mobilepost