Kreis Officially Out At NYCFC

This article nails why he was fired and does a great job of staying objective about it. Mistakes were made on both sides, but in the end, the reality is Kreis didn't do enough and wasn't the right fit to "improve the performance of the team for the next season and beyond," as the team's press release put it.

http://www.hudsonriverblue.com/2015/11/3/9667754/why-jason-kreis-was-fired

Best article I read on there. Great info, and not a stupid opinion. Sounds like it was worse than we thought. He lost the players, that makes this firing justifiable.

I realise that this post may be a unpopular one, but just read it and think about it and ponder my thoughts.
I've read through this thread mainly, and I see that Patrick Viera would be unpopular.
Why?
The guy who has just been fired did not have a clue of his best line up. He never played crowd favourites, who deserved to be played on merit not just because they were popular. He stuck with what he though he knew and wasn't even consistent with that.
Look at it from a different angle.
Patrick Viera was a powerhouse as a player. Massively respected wherever he played. He achieved a hell of a lot. Since hanging up his boots, he has had a look first hand at what CFG are all about. He became an ambassador of city. Preaching the CFG gospel. He knows it first hand. He has a lot of respect in the CFG towers. He cut his teeth at academy level and knows the youth inside out. Who could fail to be inspired when you are coached by a football great like that. Who can fail to be pushed on in your career when Patrick viera puts his arms around you and tells you not to worry about that mistake. The guy has been there and done it.
Ok, so what if he learns his trade at nycfc and leaves you in the lurch after two seasons to take over city or whoever. SO WHAT. He will leave your team in a much better place than it is now and do you not think CFG will have a plan for this? They will have the next man lined up or in their thoughts because this is how football works,
There is no love in from me for Viera. All I see is that it would not be a bad choice. He knows the people who employ him. They trust him with the future stars of CFG, whether they play for city, Melbourne or NYCFC. They trust him with this. I think that this tells you a lot. He may not win the playoffs, but he will Instill a different mindset amongst the team. He can be the start of something good. A stepping stone for him, a stepping stone for NYCFC.He will have the team playing the game the way it should be played. In the mould of Patrick Viera. You only have to look at the way he played to see how he may mould players. Players would want to play for Patrick Viera.
This may or may not happen, just think about it from a different perspective if it does. It's your football club, your team. Whoever comes in you have to be behind him, 100%

EvilTree said:
Kreis was going to get fired when Lamps pretty much called him out on one comment Kreis made about the team not working hard enough or something.
I had this same feeling as I watched that Lampard interview.

Pretty ballsy for a scumbag to skip 3 quarters of a season and then show up and call out your coach first thing.

What the oldest and biggest MLS message board thinks of this move:

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/nycfc-fires-jason-kreis.2026183/

Nothing more annoying than arrogant American soccer fans who think MLS is some special thing that only former MLS players know how to coach and manage, and that it can't learn from Europe. I'm rooting for soccer in America, but the sport in this country is far from being anything special, especially MLS.

Anyone with half a soccer brain can see that Kreis doesn't know what he's doing. Morons.

Also reading that thread at Big Soccer im glad Midas Mulligan had the balls to defend our team to those losers. (Unlike some other posters over here who are so worried what a bunch MLS league firster think) They are all a giant circle jerk of the same regurgitated nonsense. They clearly didnt follow this team or Kreis and his decisions.

Also I tend to get the vibe they:

1) Hate New York in general
2)Corporations like CFG are inherently evil and 1 million dollar Kreis was some victim being played...

What the oldest and biggest MLS message board thinks of this move:

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/nycfc-fires-jason-kreis.2026183/

Translation of the crap on those boards: "what a bunch of idiots to fire a coach who knows MLS. Soccer is played all over the world but for some reason MLS is a giant enigma that only insiders can understand, or at least that's what we tell ourselves here at bigsoccer to make us feel special. How dare they not see how lucky they are to have had a coach with an incredibly impressive resume that included coaching one club to one championship in a small town where he had played before becoming a coach. How can those NYCFC fans be such idiots to think that Kries wouldn't be perfectly equipped to handle a totally different situation. Guys Kries know's MLS! Only MLS people can know MLS, this isn't soccer it's MLS! We know we are the oldest MLS message board!"

Translation of the crap on those boards: "what a bunch of idiots to fire a coach who knows MLS. Soccer is played all over the world but for some reason MLS is a giant enigma that only insiders can understand, or at least that's what we tell ourselves here at bigsoccer to make us feel special. How dare they not see how lucky they are to have had a coach with an incredibly impressive resume that included coaching one club to one championship in a small town where he had played before becoming a coach. How can those NYCFC fans be such idiots to think that Kries wouldn't be perfectly equipped to handle a totally different situation. Guys Kries know's MLS! Only MLS people can know MLS, this isn't soccer it's MLS! We know we are the oldest MLS message board!"

Bravo sir bravo. My head was going to explode reading their drivel but I made it to page 15 somehow.

Also I want to add that these guys all know subconsciously we will be the next big MLS team. On the pitch we will need time to improve but our fan base and community is already upper echelon compared to whatever they have going for them. Its an inferiority complex with them.

This forum is a testament to that.

Reactions: Vallos and gbservis
My thing is, let's say Viera comes in and sucks worse than Kreis, are they going to fire him after 1 season too or is he going to get a longer leash/more time because he's a Man City guy.
He'll get more time so long as the team will fight for him. Same would have held true for Kreis, I believe.

In many ways Kreis reminded me a lot like Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool.

They both used the same playing style and tactics and wouldnt change from it even though it wasnt working.

Rodgers was lucky he had suarez that year but otherwise did nothing. He paid the price for poor results.

Kreis you could argue was a bit different in that he took control of an expansion club, however he had plenty of time to build his roster and selected some very ordinary players.

I couldnt see anything from him to tell me that he could turn things around so CFG were right to dismiss him.

Hilarious that they picked Ferdinand out as what's wrong with our fanbase after just a quick scan of the forum.

It's really hard to argue with them on that one.

Generalizations are sometimes there (largely) for a reason. Have you noticed that not all new fans to existing teams/fan bases of new teams are the butts of jokes? If fans of Orlando, Montreal, Portland, or Vancouver had routinely said things like the quote below, athttp://nycfcforums.com/index.php?th...new-email-from-the-director.3684/#post-101889, and gotten standing ovations and a mountain of likes, the same jokes would be said. They didn't, and they weren't.
Christ, I've heard MLS fans described as Jehovah's Witnesses for their teams and expansion junkies. New fans are welcome.

"Our fanbase is large and loud and passionate. We're a bit arrogant, and we know it -- and we make no apologies for that. We are the people who sneered (rightfully) at MLS during its early days, and who have only now deemed the league worthy of our attention. NYCFC are as lucky to have us as we are to have them."

I couldnt see anything from him to tell me that he could turn things around so CFG were right to dismiss him.

Most of this has already been said but exactly the same for me, I never saw a guy fighting to fix a team and get it back into shape when things were going bad. Instead we saw a guy making outrageous roster decisions every week, sitting on the bench looking bored during games, and the point where he called his own team out was pretty much where I decided that i'd had it with him.