Kreis Officially Out At NYCFC

That's great that you trust them, and I am sure there are more that feel the same way you do. I hope you are right. I don't doubt that they can do it, but the start has been pretty bad so far. I guess the good news is, it can only go up from here.
I'm one of those who think they know what they're doing, or at least I'm hopeful about it. Before CFG Man City was 10 to 15 in a 20 team league, with concern every season until they hit the 40 point magic number which meant they'd almost surely stay up. After CFG Man City's won the league twice, won some other trophies, and are consistently in the top 4.

I do realize this is a different league, one where you're not allowed to spend 7 digits on every player, but to me at least they've shown a willingness at Man City to make sure the team can win. Can't win every year, but they've come darn close to that in the EPL.

Definitely looking forward to the next few years of roster building and academy building. It's only our first year after all, so once we can upgrade our expansion team roster and grow some of our own players we may just be a contender.

What the oldest and biggest MLS message board thinks of this move:

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/nycfc-fires-jason-kreis.2026183/

Hard to take many of these folks too seriously. They are a little too fired up about their New York (and apparently MC) hate. Like this guy:

"wait we are surprised that a team owned by evil f**king oligarch scumbags who try to use sports investment to put on a pretty face and hide the fact from the world that they are evil f**king oligarch scumbags, who dump money into nouveau riche clubs like they are some crack whore in an alley who finds a suitcase of cash left over from a drug lord shootout, have an arrogant and ignorant disposition towards MLS and did something stupid like undermine their championship winning domestic coach practically from the start of the season by burdening him with not one but two decrepit disinterested has-beens (and then withheld one of them for half a season) and then promptly fire him at the end of what anybody could have predicted would be a terrible season? why is anybody surprised? i am glad jason kries got to escape that petrodollar dumpster fire now instead of later. they will likely go thru a dozen more coaches in a vain attempt to prove they know better than silly MLS over the next decade (which they will undoubtly spend in Yankee Stadium as any new stadium for just them is at least 15 years away)."

Reactions: gbservis
Hard to take many of these folks too seriously. They are a little too fired up about their New York (and apparently MC) hate. Like this guy:

"wait we are surprised that a team owned by evil f**king oligarch scumbags who try to use sports investment to put on a pretty face and hide the fact from the world that they are evil f**king oligarch scumbags, who dump money into nouveau riche clubs like they are some crack whore in an alley who finds a suitcase of cash left over from a drug lord shootout, have an arrogant and ignorant disposition towards MLS and did something stupid like undermine their championship winning domestic coach practically from the start of the season by burdening him with not one but two decrepit disinterested has-beens (and then withheld one of them for half a season) and then promptly fire him at the end of what anybody could have predicted would be a terrible season? why is anybody surprised? i am glad jason kries got to escape that petrodollar dumpster fire now instead of later. they will likely go thru a dozen more coaches in a vain attempt to prove they know better than silly MLS over the next decade (which they will undoubtly spend in Yankee Stadium as any new stadium for just them is at least 15 years away)."
Hahaha. The bitter is strong in this one. Jealous kunt

i read big soccer if i want to be amused. not only for nycfc related stuff but the whole NASL vs MLS stuff and the Pro/Rel truthers etc endless commentary and sometimes deviate to some social commentary stuff that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. and even bringing in reports or studies of all over the place to make their point lol

Reactions: mgarbowski and JayH
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this why Reyna is here? I know that in soccer, the manager has a bit more power than in the typical coach-GM relationship in American sports, but it's not like we are going to hire a European guy, lock him in a room by himself, and say "see you at your performance review next November."

My unfounded optimistic theory is that Kreis not only defied CFG, but also was commandeering of Reyna, who was supposed to have been a mediator between the two groups. Hopefully we find someone with a reasonable sized ego that is going to be able to work with management better, yet control his players and play with better tactics.

I agree, why do we want a coach that knows how to find all these players? I see it as two separate roles. Get a front office person that has the connections, scouting knowledge and knows the ins and outs of the salary cap (maybe that's Reyna). Get a coach that is good at tactics, player motivation and communicating what he needs to the front office guy. This is the model that works in other salary capped leagues in the US. Over and over in the NBA you see teams suck when they give one person general manager and coaching duties. You can't do both well because they are both full time jobs. It might work in Europe where they don't have a cap and can just spend but when you insert the complexities of the cap you need a separate person focused on it.

There are places where CFG can spend money to help the team and places where they can't. They can spend money to pay high priced DPs. They can't spend extra salaries to the rest of the roster. They can pay the coaching staff a lot. They can also invest big bucks in the youth academies and in player development. That last piece won't help us for a couple of years but can make a huge difference in the long term.

I'll trust CFG on building a team over these clowns who think foreign coaches can't be successful in MLS. It's absurd.

CFG has made some bad decisions (Lampardgate), but on this they're 100% right.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this why Reyna is here? I know that in soccer, the manager has a bit more power than in the typical coach-GM relationship in American sports, but it's not like we are going to hire a European guy, lock him in a room by himself, and say "see you at your performance review next November."

My unfounded optimistic theory is that Kreis not only defied CFG, but also was commandeering of Reyna, who was supposed to have been a mediator between the two groups. Hopefully we find someone with a reasonable sized ego that is going to be able to work with management better, yet control his players and play with better tactics.
Thus why I said it's not impossible for him to win but it's an impediment.

And yes, he'll have Reyna but only the coach ever truly understands his vision for a team. Thus, why you'd want the coach to be aware of what's out there and available.

Reminds me a lot of how Steve Jobs believed to make a truly superior device, Apple needed to make the software AND the hardware because only the maker could ever truly understand the vision. Looking at Apple's market cap, I think he proved his point.

Thus why I said it's not impossible for him to win but it's an impediment.

And yes, he'll have Reyna but only the coach ever truly understands his vision for a team. Thus, why you'd want the coach to be aware of what's out there and available.

Reminds me a lot of how Steve Jobs believed to make a truly superior device, Apple needed to make the software AND the hardware because only the maker could ever truly understand the vision. Looking at Apple's market cap, I think he proved his point.
So what was the vision Kreis was implementing?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this why Reyna is here?
I don't think anyone outside the organization knows what Reyna does or what his role is supposed to be. Which sounds more like a slap at him than it is meant to be. One reason this debate has gotten so contentious is that nobody knows, for example, how much input Kreis had in the non-DP player acquisitions. Is he responsible for Poku, Nemec, Calle, RJ, etc? Apart from the RSL expats, which everyone infers were Kreis's doing, nobody really knows, so you can project whatever you want. Think Kreis shouldn't have been fired? Well, he was saddled with a bunch of misfits! Or believe the opposite: he absolutely had final say in every acquisition. Just look at all the RSL expats! What about the non-RSL guys? Just look at all the RSL guys!
We just don't know how he and Reyna worked together. Maybe Reyna said you can have a handful of RSL guys and I control everything else. Or maybe Kreis really ran everything and Reyna was a figurehead.
It's an abyss and you see what you want
PS which S sbrylski basically addresses with his "unfounded optimistic theory" phrase. Hey, it could be right.

I'll trust CFG on building a team over these clowns who think foreign coaches can't be successful in MLS. It's absurd.

CFG has made some bad decisions (Lampardgate), but on this they're 100% right.
Really? You'll trust the guys who got caught in repeated lies with Lampardgate?

You'll trust the guys who fucked the team over from day 1 of this year and then had the audacity to blame it on the coach and fired him after an expansion year that wasn't even that horrible?

I am literally embarrassed by CFG. I assume any American sports team that's been involved with an expansion season have to be amused as hell at the way CFG has behaved this year.

For what they've done this season, an expansion season, I really don't understand how you could have a fully functioning brain and an understanding of MLS and American sports in general and support CFG at this point.

You would have to be borderline insane or retarded or both.

Reactions: franch
God bless Capello but I'm sure he's never heard of a Darlington Nagbe, a Cyle Larin, a Dax McCarty, a Sebastian Lletget, ect. and I'm sure he couldn't explain the difference between an allocation order and allocation funds.
If he doesn't know who Wingert, Grabavoy and KWS are, either, then I'm taking that trade.

Really? You'll trust the guys who got caught in repeated lies with Lampardgate?

You'll trust the guys who fucked the team over from day 1 of this year and then had the audacity to blame it on the coach and fired him after an expansion year that wasn't even that horrible?

I am literally embarrassed by CFG. I assume any American sports team that's been involved with an expansion season have to be amused as hell at the way CFG has behaved this year.

For what they've done this season, an expansion season, I really don't understand how you could have a fully functioning brain and an understanding of MLS and American sports in general and support CFG at this point.

Wow, that escalated quickly. I must be retarded, then.

Do I trust them to tell me the truth? Nope. Do I trust that they know how to build a winning soccer team? Yup.

I was one of the most vocal people on here when Lampardgate happened, I still don't fully forgive them for it. They royally screwed that up. This is a completely different thing.

Anyone who knows anything about soccer can clearly see that Kreis is clueless. If you don't see that, then I have no idea what to tell you. Maybe you should watch European teams a bit more and get a acquainted with how the game is really played. MLS is a joke when you compare it to the coaches and level of play overseas. Americans still have a lot to learn about the game, even the ones who think they know a lot. This love by this MLS dinosaurs is laughable, and makes me question their understanding of how the game is played. Let them say what they want.

I can't figure out which one I am. Borderline insane, or retarded. So I'm assuming both? Is there a forum here specifically for people that have my condition?

Hi everyone,

I would love to see Carlos Queiroz rescind his contract with Iran NT and come over for another spell in MLS. Obviously I am a huge fan of his work with your USMNT youth system (hence the Q-Report) and would love nothing more than to see him manage the club. Also, Carlos Q also has Dan Gaspar as his assistant who has local ties and a wealth of experience at the college level, club and national level. Any thoughts on either or?