Kreis Officially Out At NYCFC

Not sure what that has to do with anything? Kreis said he left for two reasons.

First was that he said he wanted to take some risk in his life and try a bigger stage. Expand your horizons, Ect. Etc.

Second was that RSL weren't quick enough to offer him a contract extension. He said he'd have signed with RSL if they had offered him before NYCFC had offered him. That's it.

But, hey, I know you and a lot of other people on here are wildly successful at FIFA and Football Manager for Playstation and who can argue with those credentials?
Sorry. I won't ever offer any plausible alternatives, even if sourced from RSL supporters. Many of them seemed to believe that played a role.

I'm sorry that not everyone agrees with you, and some of us insane and retarded savants here are capable of complex thought. I still like you, despite your single-minded obsessions that last months at a time. You are one for two when it comes to agreeing with me. Not sure about other commonalities since you only post on two subjects (well, one if we roll it all up into a CFG vendetta, but that would make you 0-fer the board, and I don't feel like re-evaluating my stance that you can be an alright poster sometimes.).

Just pray Kreis goes back to the Western conference because no other club will have owners dumb enough to fire him after 1 year where they fuck him over from the beginning.

Please JK, don't go to Chicago or Toronto. Go back West somewhere!

Reactions: franch
This is a really, really bad post, dude. There's nothing in here but "being a bit of a jerk" and "European snobbery and douchebaggery". I'm not cosigning the post you're responding to, but this post was pretty awful. Hoping that's sarcasm.

You don't think MLS is subpar compared to European leagues? I'm rooting for MLS, but it's kids play compared to level of play in Europe. There's no denying that. You just can't argue against it. Well you can, but you'll come off looking like an idiot.

Also, do you deny that there's a group of MLS dinosaurs that think the league is this special thing that outsiders don't know how to manage? The same idiots who are saying CFG is dumb and Kreis is a soccer genius because he won a single MLS cup with a team that he didn't even build.

I don't see how we can continue having a logical conversation if you think this way.

The man has won a lot in MLS and Concacaf Champions League. I'd be real interested in hearing the qualifications of "anyone who knows anything about soccer" as compared to his resume.

Are they the same people that think:

While saying this?

You'll have to explain to me why CFG gets a pass and your confidence in a league they clearly know nothing about as opposed to a coach that's been extremely successful in it.

CFG don't know shit beyond "throw money at it" and I think TFC and New Jersey have shown that's not a winning solution in MLS.

Wow, this is just getting ridiculous. Ok, you're right. Don't come crawling back next season when they start winning.

Drainyoo what I think some people mean is that MLS is hard to manage, not because it's better (because it's not and probably will never be) but because it has weird rules, salary cap etc. So it's harder in a way to manage. Top European teams are well oiled machines, the teams here are a mess to manage and succeed

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
I was in favor of Kreis getting another year because of all the BS that happened but
Would you guys angry about the firing agree that if he lost the locker room he had to go or is he so amazing that if the team didn't want to give 100% effort he'd stay regardless?

It was time for him to go. Neither side wanted a part of this any longer. He could have fought for another year but they both knew it wasn't a match.

The overlords forced their players, he forced his. And the team was the one that suffered.

The end .....

I was in favor of Kreis getting another year because of all the BS that happened but
Would you guys angry about the firing agree that if he lost the locker room he had to go or is he so amazing that if the team didn't want to give 100% effort he'd stay regardless?

It helps if you read your posts before you hit the post button. You don't wind up forgetting words that way. :)

But as an answer to your question, no sports fan will be angry about firing a coach that had lost the locker room. In sports, not just soccer, its axiomatic that if a coach looses the locker room the team will suffer and loose games. That's just the way it works.

If the team didn't want to give 100% that is indicative that there is something wrong with the coach. A coach's primary job is to get the most possible out of the players, and being a good motivator is a critical part of that at any level. If a coach cannot motivate players to win than that coach needs to go immediately, because he/she is failing at a critical part of their job description.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
My favorite paragraph:

But, let's start over this coming season.

And after Lampard and Pirlo retire after this season, we'll effectively start over again the following season. What could go wrong?

Great.

Good thinking CFG! You guys are the best...

But they got fans in in the first year,marketing wise it's been specutacular. Fans like me who would not otherwise watch MLS are now following MLS. For fans like me, we need both wins and big star attractions. RedBulls can keep winning and that won't win over my heart unless they suddenly get Messi or someone. So CFG did get something right. Now they just need to figure out the winning part.

Reactions: BEC SPK
That's great that you trust them, and I am sure there are more that feel the same way you do. I hope you are right. I don't doubt that they can do it, but the start has been pretty bad so far. I guess the good news is, it can only go up from here.
Your loyalty seems to be more aligned with the ex coach than the club
Really? You'll trust the guys who got caught in repeated lies with Lampardgate?

You'll trust the guys who fucked the team over from day 1 of this year and then had the audacity to blame it on the coach and fired him after an expansion year that wasn't even that horrible?

I am literally embarrassed by CFG. I assume any American sports team that's been involved with an expansion season have to be amused as hell at the way CFG has behaved this year.

For what they've done this season, an expansion season, I really don't understand how you could have a fully functioning brain and an understanding of MLS and American sports in general and support CFG at this point.

You would have to be borderline insane or retarded or both.

what do you mean by they f ed the team? FYI, this is their team, their b. They spent 100mm on it and they can f it anyway they see fit. You and I don't have to like. We can vote by feet and that's about it.
I am hopeful their money will make MLS bend backwards to their advantage and our delight, like how LA is having their way with rules

Reactions: Gavin23