Lampard Debut This Saturday (i Know...)

I am sure his performance was subdued by the fact he just came off an injury and montreal was playing really defensive and compact. Now if only kreis finally starts poku and mix ahead of grabavoy we will perhaps start a winning streak.

I am sure his performance was subdued by the fact he just came off an injury and montreal was playing really defensive and compact. Now if only kreis finally starts poku and mix ahead of grabavoy we will perhaps start a winning streak.
There's always an excuse for Frank, isn't there? He was a non-factor yesterday.

Reactions: Kjbert

coming off an injury for almost anyone would subdue their performance. Of course Frank has pissed off this fan base, including myself, multiple times, but one can't possibly have expected him to just jump right in after an injury and light it up.

I'll reserve my judgement of him until the next match where he should be fit.

Reactions: FootyLovin
He was playing too deep and was in conflict with Pirlo. I'm right behind the goal they attacked in the 2H and the only way I knew he was on the field was the highlighter green shoes. He didn't seem to get within 10 yards of the box.

He was playing too deep and was in conflict with Pirlo. I'm right behind the goal they attacked in the 2H and the only way I knew he was on the field was the highlighter green shoes. He didn't seem to get within 10 yards of the box.

No doubt he had no impact. Im hoping he plays higher up the field the next match and does better with a week od training injury free. And hopefully we see the end of grabavoy starting,

He had no impact because he played so deep. Unless you're a Pirlo or Alonso-type pass-master, it's pretty difficult to have an instant impact from that position. Lampard (as I've said from day 1) needs to be allowed to get into the box where he can find chances and score goals. If he'd been allowed to do that by Kreis then maybe he'd have scored the equalizer, or played a part in it. He may not.

Next game he HAS to play further forward. There is already an argument that he's a waste of a DP spot, and if he's played deep alongside Pirlo then there is even more of argument. I'd go as far as to say, alongside Pirlo, he would/will only be detrimental in that position and neither he nor Pirlo have the legs or the defensive abilities to give the back 4 adequate cover.

Back 4
Pirlo-----------AJ/Poku/Mix
-------Lampard
Forward line

He had no impact because he played so deep. Unless you're a Pirlo or Alonso-type pass-master, it's pretty difficult to have an instant impact from that position. Lampard (as I've said from day 1) needs to be allowed to get into the box where he can find chances and score goals. If he'd been allowed to do that by Kreis then maybe he'd have scored the equalizer, or played a part in it. He may not.

Next game he HAS to play further forward. There is already an argument that he's a waste of a DP spot, and if he's played deep alongside Pirlo then there is even more of argument. I'd go as far as to say, alongside Pirlo, he would/will only be detrimental in that position and neither he nor Pirlo have the legs or the defensive abilities to give the back 4 adequate cover.

Back 4
Pirlo-----------AJ/Poku/Mix
-------Lampard
Forward line
Agreed he needs to be forward and in the box where he is very dangerous. #kreisout

Yep he needs to play between the midfield and forwards linking them and then he can time his late runs into the box whilst the defence focus on the forwards or are half turned if the ball has been played to the flank.

Reactions: kun
I'm not sure we'll see Lamps starting again this week, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him come on as a sub at the half, especially if we're down. NJ looked pretty good last night, and I swear, if Kreis doesn't start Facey against a quick SWP, we're completely lost.

Again, slow down with the #KreisOut shit. Lampard'a played 20 minutes out of position. Give Kreis time.

Kreis played calle on the right (out of position) to get Grabavoy in. He probably plays at minimum one player out of position every game all year. #kreisout

Ha! I was wondering if I was the only one who was relying on that. He was really very MLS-average. As many of us have said before, it really wasn't the right time for him. We needed to push on for a goal or even two.

Reactions: Narrowback gal
Ha! I was wondering if I was the only one who was relying on that. He was really very MLS-average. As many of us have said before, it really wasn't the right time for him. We needed to push on for a goal or even two.

He came on for Jacobson, so I assumed we would switch formations - maybe go with some kind of a diamond with Lampard at the top and Poku shifting to a striker role. Sadly, we kept the same shape and Lamps played out of the back, which is neither what he is good at nor what we needed at the time.