Lampard Out Vs Ne Revolution

Now you really are getting on my nerves. This post is ignorance in it's purest form. Particularly the "same class of human being" nonsense.

Gerrard is a massive bellend. A horrible, deceitful human being. He's all about the team? Then why didn't he stay as a squad player at Liverpool as they wanted? or take the slight pay cut they offered? He's "team Himself" more than anyone. In 2005, he tried desperately to force a move to Chelsea, despite being a "lifelong Liverpool fan". In 2009, Gerrard beat the shit out of a DJ for not playing the track he wanted. Not 'allegedly' or anything, he was caught on CCTV.
He ran over a 10 year old kid. Okay, this one may have been an accident but still.
He once claimed that there's "nothing worse" than a diver and that they are "ruining the game". Hypocrisy much?
Recently, he has engaged in the media shitstorm, orchestrated by Liverpool, coming out and openly criticizing Raheem Sterling's move despite not having anything to do with the player or the deal.

The worst Lampard's done. Some drunken comments over a decade ago and staying at City for an extra 6 months to try and win the Premier League for the last time.

And yes, of course Gerrard played more minutes (twice as many infact) as he was first choice at a mid table club whereas Lampard was a bench player at a top club.
Hey, it's just my opinion man. But there's one thing that's not an opinion: Gerrard is playing for LAG, where last night he drew a PK, scored, and dished an assist on a set piece.

Hey, it's just my opinion man. But there's one thing that's not an opinion: Gerrard is playing for LAG, where last night he drew a PK, scored, and dished an assist on a set piece.
Fine. You are entitled to your opinion of course (and I'm entitled to comment on how it wound me up), I just don't see how you can believe Gerrard is a better human being than Lampard. You can say he is a better player fair enough, it's possibly true, but morally? I don't see it.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
That article doesn't say that
Basically, Lampard, amongst a number of Chelsea teammates where drunk at Heathrow mocking stranded American flyers in the wake of 9/11. They clearly hadn't gauged the enormity/seriousness of the situation.
I'm not defending them btw, just saying.

For all we know he could have said nothing. He could have said everything. But we don't so let's stop blaming Lampard for the 9/12 bulkshit.

For all we know he could have said nothing. He could have said everything. But we don't so let's stop blaming Lampard for the 9/12 bulkshit.
I just want to note again, I haven't said shit about that. I'm resting my case on his Friend of JT status.

But really, if he's going to take up one of our DP slots, it'd be cool if he played. That's all I got.

Fine. You are entitled to your opinion of course (and I'm entitled to comment on how it wound me up), I just don't see how you can believe Gerrard is a better human being than Lampard. You can say he is a better player fair enough, it's possibly true, but morally? I don't see it.
No problems here.

I know I've said before that I thought we may have gotten the better player at this current time (but give me peak Gerrard every time). Seeing how rejuvenated Gerrard looks for LAG, I'm not so sure I was right about FF being better now. It would have been interesting to see how SG would have done in a role similar to the one FF played at MC.

Reactions: Kjbert
Basically, Lampard, amongst a number of Chelsea teammates where drunk at Heathrow mocking stranded American flyers in the wake of 9/11. They clearly hadn't gauged the enormity/seriousness of the situation.
Nothing I've read says he mocked Americans, but was simply drunk in their vicinity.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
This notion that soccer players need time before they can start is absurd if you ask me. These guys are some of the best players the game has ever seen. They can easily adjust. Actually, I feel like the rest of the team needs to adjust to them. It would be the same as if you traded for a guy in MLB, and then made him wait two weeks before he can start. That's just ridiculous. This is the thing I hate about soccer. Players are treated like little babies. Suit up, get on the field, and earn your fucking paycheck.

If Lampard and Pirlo don't start on the 26th, then that's just a pile of horseshit.

Not buying this, sorry. If the physio staff says they're not ready straight after a full season of elite football in Europe, then forgive me if I trust the team of trained medical professionals over the opinion of some guys on a message board. They're playing football here, not flipcup.

Reactions: Kjbert and kun

If I was STILL judged upon every comment I made 14 years ago (age 18) while drunk...hell even this past Monday I felt bad for yelling things at Kwame during the match that I wouldn't ordinarily say but for drinks. If someone got in my face about "14 years ago you said [insert comment] and I'm still upset". I would think they were nuts.

The point is, you don't know him. You weren't there. He has apologized. It's best if people in this country learn to accept apologies and let our public figures move on from their errors in judgment.

Now let's get back to complaining about his character based upon a "but what have you don't for me lately" standard.

And drew a pk for the first one. And remind me again of minutes played last year, please.

Lampard is Lampard.

Damnit. I've tried to tell myself otherwise, but no use. I just can't see how Lampard is in the same class of human being as Gerrard. Call it my bias if you want. But it's one I came by based on what I see.

One guy is about team. The other is about Team Lampard.
Lampard is an educated gent who will be a superb ambassador for nycfc
Gerrard is only in it for himself .showed no loyalty to his team when Chelsea came knocking.and showed no loyalty to his team when told his game time would reduce.
Really glad he's no where near this club

Reactions: kun
And another thing, he can't be blamed for getting injured. It's not his fault.

By the way, are people still holding out hope for Pirlo against Orlando? Doesn't he only arrive back in NY from vacation a few days prior? I'm pretty sure if the plan was for him to play the club would be publicizing the shit out of it - they went bananas with the marketing for the Toronto game, and that was with Lampard already training for weeks.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
Agree. In one of the Matchday threads I was questioning why they weren't pushing the Orlando game nor opening up the 300 & 400 levels. Seems to me the plan is going to let Lampard have his debut match against Orlando and save Pirlo for 8/1 vs Montreal.

You guys are killing me. Pirlo and Lamps will play when they are ready. Management needs the team to win to draw fans and a playoff run more than anything. So, they aren't going to hold people back for stupid reasons.

Yes, Pirlo arrives on 7/21, and that's a short buildup. But if they hold him out against Orlando, it will only because he needs more time to get ready.

Reactions: kun
Oh yeah, I can see where you're coming from. After rereading my last post it didn't come across as I intended.

I didn't mean to make it look as if they're deliberately holding out Pirlo for a big crowd vs Montreal, but doing so due to circumstance.......that's why they're not promoting him vs OCSC.