Lampard Vs. Gerrard

Guess what, so am I. But it doesn't mean I can come to the NYCFC forum and talk shit the actual club. It's not even like you're being fair, you've just come on and gone "no chance Lampard will be back, deal with it.".
Spoken like a true 15 year old, well done.Im saying it as it is,as you proclaim to be a Man City fan from Moston you should or would know that this is how the vast majority of Man City fans see the Lampard issue.He will stay and our friends across the pond will have to deal with it.Lets be honest where would Frank Lampard prefer to be? At the heart of a premiership title battle against his old club or in the msl? Lets be fair on Frank when he said he would join the nycfc he didn't know at the time City would come in for him and he would be playing like he was 10 years younger.Honest answers only please.

No the vast majority don't see it like this, they don't see it like "Lampard is staying, get over it". They see it as, "I'd prefer him to stay, but ultimately we don't have any difference. Big difference. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Lampard to stay, but I'm realistic I know the repercussions that will happen if he does stay.

If anything I'd say you were the one acting 15, grow up and stop being so narrow minded.

No the vast majority don't see it like this, they don't see it like "Lampard is staying, get over it". They see it as, "I'd prefer him to stay, but ultimately we don't have any difference. Big difference. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Lampard to stay, but I'm realistic I know the repercussions that will happen if he does stay.

If anything I'd say you were the one acting 15, grow up and stop being so narrow minded.

What are you on about repercussions, what repercussions?

You are admittedly not a NYC fan, yet you are on a NYC board. No one wants to hear your opinion the way its presented. Take the clues you've gotten and go back to the MC boards. Come back and tell us told you so if he stays into January.

Reactions: Bluemoon
Spoken like a true 15 year old, well done.Im saying it as it is,as you proclaim to be a Man City fan from Moston you should or would know that this is how the vast majority of Man City fans see the Lampard issue.He will stay and our friends across the pond will have to deal with it.Lets be honest where would Frank Lampard prefer to be? At the heart of a premiership title battle against his old club or in the msl? Lets be fair on Frank when he said he would join the nycfc he didn't know at the time City would come in for him and he would be playing like he was 10 years younger.Honest answers only please.
and what is that expert insider opinion of yours formed from?

What are you on about repercussions, what repercussions?

I'm not convinced any backlash would be as intense as suggested (boycotts, lawsuits, etc) but some people might give up season tickets. What else would anyone with a degree of sense expect? What you have done here is the equivalent of punching someone in the face and not expecting them to react. I don't think anyone should take too much issue with January, February, etc but NYCFC fans will want to see Lampard at the first league game. Which is something reasonable MCFC fans have said is entirely justified.

I'm not even on here because of MCFC (the fact its a startup club in New York and being involved from the very beginning drew my attention and I have ZERO interest in Melbourne) so I'm not apologising for siding with NYCFC on the issue. Falastur did the same as well.

You are admittedly not a NYC fan, yet you are on a NYC board. No one wants to hear your opinion the way its presented. Take the clues you've gotten and go back to the MC boards. Come back and tell us told you so if he stays into January.
Listen most Man City fans my age went 34 years not seeing us win anything.We went down to the old 3rd division when man utd was winning the European Cup.We still got 28,000 fans in the 3rd tier of English football. The member Across the pond wasn't even born then.We had Man Utd ramming it down our throats year in year out for 34 years. Now we're successful its pay back time for fans of my age from City for all the shit times we endured.You lot haven't got the remotest feeling what this was like.Now if Lampard helps us carry on this success I'll be honest I don't care who we shit on to get it.May be one day you'll understand.

Listen most Man City fans my age went 34 years not seeing us win anything.We went down to the old 3rd division when man utd was winning the European Cup.We still got 28,000 fans in the 3rd tier of English football. The member Across the pond wasn't even born then.We had Man Utd ramming it down our throats year in year out for 34 years. Now we're successful its pay back time for fans of my age from City for all the shit times we endured.You lot haven't got the remotest feeling what this was like.Now if Lampard helps us carry on this success I'll be honest I don't care who we shit on to get it.May be one day you'll understand.
Except CFG, if they want to be taken seriously, need to do more than just fuck over all other clubs to help Man City.. America is a huge market with a lot of untapped potential, and fucking them over form the beginning is an incredibly dumb move. You are looking though a Man City winning mindset, the folks at CFG are most likely going to be looking at it from an economic perspective, and they lose a whole lot of support for CFG by just saying deal with it to NYCFC.

Might as well just end this debate now because this guy clearly can't empathize with logical concerns. Yes people know MCFC fans have suffered (its one of the few downsides some MCFC fans have the impression that nobody else has suffered except themselves) and if you don't care about NYCFC/Lampard then fine. There's just no need to come on here and say it. So how about you go back to Bluemoon and rant about some 3rd rate pundit in a 60 page thread or something.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT

When I first came here I was a little like you.... and I probably came across like a twat too.
However I am the same age bracket as you, I care firstly for MCFC, then I care for MCFC results, then I care for CFG.

You surely must see that the long term damage (and yes I do know how quickly fans forget) that Lampard staying will not only do to the club but to the group as a whole, (which is cyclic because a damaged group now means a lesser MCFC on the pitch). You have to remember the Swales days are long gone and it takes a bit more than selling a few LP's to keep City going.

I would love Lampard to stay, but only if a "Holistic" solution can be found.

For me, it is a bit like your mum meeting a new bloke, you love your mum, you are unsure about the bloke, but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt not to upset your mum..... I will give NYCFC and its fans the benefit of the doubt, as long as they do not disrespect my mum. But on the other hand you need to give them a bit of leaway to be able to prove themselves.

But for clarification I think you are probably a rag

Last edited:
Bluemoon Bluemoon I'll point out that you've already been given a warning for posting "I don't care what you think, we'll do what we want" (I'll also point out that "we do what we want" is the mantra of a club for which you've spent 34 years hating and trying to avoid being like). This forum isn't Bluemoon. It doesn't have the laissez faire attitude that that forum does. Make your posts constructive or you'll receive a ban. This forum has already nearly torn itself apart more than once over NYCFC's relationship to MCFC, and for the good of the forum we're not going to keep letting it happen.

Bluemoon Bluemoon I'll point out that you've already been given a warning for posting "I don't care what you think, we'll do what we want" (I'll also point out that "we do what we want" is the mantra of a club for which you've spent 34 years hating and trying to avoid being like). This forum isn't Bluemoon. It doesn't have the laissez faire attitude that that forum does. Make your posts constructive or you'll receive a ban. This forum has already nearly torn itself apart more than once over NYCFC's relationship to MCFC, and for the good of the forum we're not going to keep letting it happen.

Please dont ban him ;)

I wasn't born, so what. I still had to endure 10 years of it, so nearly 2/3rds of my life, watching us fail over and over.
Just because you're older than me doesn't mean you're a better fan than me. I'm probably came across like you early on; but you've got to realise it's an entire different mentality over there.

I wasn't born, so what. I still had to endure 10 years of it, so nearly 2/3rds of my life, watching us fail over and over.
Just because you're older than me doesn't mean you're a better fan than me. I'm probably came across like you early on; but you've got to realise it's an entire different mentality over there.
Where did I make out Im a better fan than you? Youve known good times from when you was 12 and probably fully understood how crap we were from 8 or 9 years old so deary me you had to put up with 3 or 4 years of hurt not 34 years like us older lot.Any way thats my lot on this debate, so for our American cousins don't be buying a new nycfc shirt with Lampards name on the back as a Christmas present ;-)

This attitude that some MCFC supporters have is fascinating. It's basically: we spent years struggling as a team, and we hated Manchester United for being cocky, spend-happy assholes, but now we have money and a winning team so it's our turn to be cocky, spend-happy assholes.

Reactions: MrE and Gene
This attitude that some MCFC supporters have is fascinating. It's basically: we spent years struggling as a team, and we hated Manchester United for being cocky, spend-happy assholes, but now we have money and a winning team so it's our turn to be cocky, spend-happy assholes.

Well you can't really base that on one person and I wouldn't even begin to compare MCFC fans to those scumbags. I believe MCFC fans are overall the best in England and United the 2nd worst (and no 3rd comes close). Its seems like more of an underlying anger thing than an arrogance thing. I don't think MCFC fans lack empathy essentially but sometimes its almost as if nobody else has suffered. Well look at Newcastle for instance (though their fans look back on the 90's in very positive terms) and Aston Villa fans who must be dying of boredom. Does Lerner have a fetish for miserable looking men? Well I don't think Houllier and O'Neill (not actually Lerner's appointment) were too bad (Houllier is a bit miserable looking tho) but they followed that with McLeish and the world's most miserable human being in Lambert. One thing about MCFC is the club has never been boring except perhaps for a while when Pearce was manager and surely there's nothing worse than being boring? If Villa get a takeover first thing they should do is get a manager who smiles once in a blue moon.

There seems to be a lot of anger on Blue Moon and for what exactly? I've seen so many threads moaning because some third rate pundit or commentator supposedly did something disparaging. Who cares if they did the only opinion that should matter is what MCFC fans share amongst themselves. Yes most fans complain about the media in England but the majority don't have much to be happy about! Who really cares if the MEN sites displays United "before" City and someone even complained about Google because United comes up first when typing Manchester in.

Its almost a good thing that media attention in US towards soccer remains limited for now. Otherwise who knows there might be countless threads like that on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
Where did I make out Im a better fan than you? Youve known good times from when you was 12 and probably fully understood how crap we were from 8 or 9 years old so deary me you had to put up with 3 or 4 years of hurt not 34 years like us older lot.Any way thats my lot on this debate, so for our American cousins don't be buying a new nycfc shirt with Lampards name on the back as a Christmas present ;-)
"We still took 28'000 fans in the 3rd tier of English football. The member, Across the Pond wasn't even born then" You make out if you didn't endure the bad times, you can't be as good as a fan as others.

You could have come here and had a reasonable debate about Lampard, like most of us City fans did on the kit. But no, you had to come here towing the "deal with it" line. What was the actual reason for coming onto this forum, you've only just provoked people; basically trolling.

Reactions: MrE
Well you can't really base that on one person and I wouldn't even begin to compare MCFC fans to those scumbags. I believe MCFC fans are overall the best in England and United the 2nd worst (and no 3rd comes close). Its seems like more of an underlying anger thing than an arrogance thing. I don't think MCFC fans lack empathy essentially but sometimes its almost as if nobody else has suffered. Well look at Newcastle for instance (though their fans look back on the 90's in very positive terms) and Aston Villa fans who must be dying of boredom. Does Lerner have a fetish for miserable looking men? Well I don't think Houllier and O'Neill (not actually Lerner's appointment) were too bad (Houllier is a bit miserable looking tho) but they followed that with McLeish and the world's most miserable human being in Lambert. One thing about MCFC is the club has never been boring except perhaps for a while when Pearce was manager and surely there's nothing worse than being boring? If Villa get a takeover first thing they should do is get a manager who smiles once in a blue moon.

There seems to be a lot of anger on Blue Moon and for what exactly? I've seen so many threads moaning because some third rate pundit or commentator supposedly did something disparaging. Who cares if they did the only opinion that should matter is what MCFC fans share amongst themselves. Yes most fans complain about the media in England but the majority don't have much to be happy about! Who really cares if the MEN sites displays United "before" City and someone even complained about Google because United comes up first when typing Manchester in.

Its almost a good thing that media attention in US towards soccer remains limited for now. Otherwise who knows there might be countless threads like that on here.

I agree with all of this, that's why I said "some MCFC supporters" in my post. I'm completely aware that not all, or even most, fans of Manchester City share this attitude. That said, I'm not basing it on one person. I've seen a few between here, reddit and facebook, that seem to have the same attitude, and at least one user on here (who I'm not going to name) posted a very similar argument in the "I suffered for a long time, so no I have a right to say whatever I want" vein.

Reactions: Gene
Ultimately up to Lamps and what he wants to do. I love this back and forth with people arguing over what the clubs or leagues want. The player will decide where his time is better spent.

Reactions: Bluemoon